You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I just can’t get up for this game. Even with it being them, I’m still not arsed. I’m assuming that just before kick off I’ll be back dreading it, but right now I just don’t care if we go out as I can see the benefits of that. Of course in the back of my mind is that you never want to go on an international break on a loss, especially to your big rivals. Anyway, whatever.

And these benefits to losing, are they in the room with you now?

200-21.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've got some three day old salmon on the radiator for @Fugitive's Sunday breakfast; I don't want to break a winning routine.

I really want the FA Cup. And I really want all Manc cunts to cry. And I'm prepared to sacrifice Fuge's entire digestive tract to get it.

Just get these beat, Reds.

Admirable.

I want to win 100 percent but in that nonsense reality where if you only had the choice to win one of the games either the FA cup game or league then I'd take the league game. Fortunately its a bullshit reality and there's also the fact we could best united in the league and still finish 2nd or 3rd where another cup would be a great consolation. Best to just win both.

Nah I don't want to risk costing their manager his job until the league game, we could do without someone stepping in and on an outside chance galvanising them short term beyond their shit players ability. Steady win Sunday and a hammering in the league would be nice. Take nothing for granted though the league game these will play for their lives.

Tomorrow will be enjoyable in its own way as we don’t have to worry about how Arsenal and City are doing.

With players finally due to come back, I don’t think the FA Cup is the problem it might have been a few weeks ago. Oddly enough, if we win tomorrow, the semi could be important in terms of getting minutes into Trent, Jota, Jones etc for the league/European campaigns.

You never know with Jurgen, though. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one or two of McConnell and Danns starting tomorrow. 

This notion of 'humiliating' them is fanciful. As far as I'm aware, we've done that twice in about 130 years so it's highly improbable.

As ever, I would be absolutely over the moon with any sort of scrappy win there and no injuries please.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

This notion of 'humiliating' them is fanciful. As far as I'm aware, we've done that twice in about 130 years so it's highly improbable.

As ever, I would be absolutely over the moon with any sort of scrappy win there and no injuries please.

I totally agree with you.

But, last 10 home games the aggregate score is 36-2.

We have been dicking them silly for a while. Obviously not so much at their place bar that 5-0.  And the 4-1 under Rafa. And the 3-0 with Rodgers where we pissed all over them.

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

Be more aware

7-0

5-0

4-0

All under Klopp

Don't forget a single beating we've handed out to them. They wouldn't. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Thrice

5-0 2021 old trafford

4-0 2022 anfield

7-0 2023 Anfield 

Just now, Mil-ing Around said:

Be more aware

7-0

5-0

4-0

All under Klopp

Don't forget a single beating we've handed out to them. They wouldn't. 

They are some of the most memorable days of my life, trust me.

I'm just extremely wary of any overconfidence going to that shithole.

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Thrice

5-0 2021 old trafford

4-0 2022 anfield

7-0 2023 Anfield 

I was clearly referring to games at Old Trafford.

1-4 2009

0-5 2022

I was forgetting the 3 nil win under Rodgers 

We've thumped them a good few times at home.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

I was clearly referring to games at Old Trafford.

1-4 2009

0-5 2022

Alright aggy 

The 4-2 covid game at old Trafford was a beating as well really 

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

They are some of the most memorable days of my life, trust me.

I'm just extremely wary of any overconfidence going to that shithole.

I agree with you there

These cunts mostly turn up against us. I'm actually glad this one is away, because they parked the fucking bus at Anfield. At least they'll have to come out a bit and play at the old toilet. 

But our defence is much better with Bradley at right back, they won't be able to play their shitty diagonals to get up the pitch on the counter. We'll win 3-1.

16 minutes ago, Mook said:

This.

Yes the recent thrashings were great but we lost to them last season and struggled to break them down this season. I don't know how those 2 results happened but they did. Which is why I will take any win tomorrow. We are certainly not thrashing them again.

I get the arguments about not wanting too much of a humiliating win so as not to cost the manager his job and risk a bounce in form. 
League for me is definitely bigger that cup … 

having said that I want to win them all and if we get the chance to be a couple of goals up I will want more and any  logic will disappear quickly.