You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nott'm Forest (A) - Sat 2nd Mar 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some geezer called Simon Stone has done a Q&A on the BBC website. Seems a bit of a whopper but even he put some Forest bellend right about the decision.

The only part of Stone's reply to said Forest bellend that I disagree with is that he said the drop ball decision was wrong, but he did say he'd applied the same decision to Forest in the first half so they can't have any complaints.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Incredible quote from Yates.

In the ascendancy? Switched off?? You had possession twice and had to concentrate on a corner.

Is this dickhead for real? It didn’t happen seconds before the goal, but 2 minutes earlier. If you switch off in a game you’re scrapping for a point in then you’re not doing your job. That’s on you.

image.png

They were in the ascendancy in the same way that the Tories are ahead in the polls.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The trick is to swerve the media as much as possible and just enjoy the football.  I never listen to pre-match, half-time or post-match "analysis" (except MOTD) so it's easier to keep that shit in perspective.  The game is still beautiful; the noise around it needs to be switched off.

Its tough though, I want to enjoy watching football.

I don't think it can be a case of just sticking your head in the sand these days, its 24 hour wall to wall coverage. I think the thing thats sticks in my craw the most is the absolute hatred our club gets from everybody. I know we can say sod them, but its an unhealthy narrative to have to contend with over an over, and its not just tribal, its everything from the football association, premier league, PGMOL, tv and pundits, the print media, YouTube, social platforms, everything. Even the Echo.

I think the real reason I get wound up of our owners and our lack of proactiveness is because it feels like these are the last days to take advantage of a winning formula and world class coach. Unless the powers that be do something unheard of and actually grow a backbone and stop City and co from ruining the game, I see our chances diminishing over time to compete.

I just dunno.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

The individual really is of no importance here. It was the announcement and the fanfare that went along with it - the flounce that wasn't. It made a mockery of proper dummy spitting.

I try my best to do this, unfortunately when you have mates/acquaintance's/colleagues who support the likes of Arsenal/Spurs and United it's hard to dodge this entirely as I also like to at least be informed to have something to throw back at them when they arrive with the usual 'banter'.

Will say though, did just see the Nunez goal termed a controversial winner.... What exactly was controversial about it? Lazy clickbaity shit of a way to put it. 

29 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We didn’t win via any dodgy decision though. 

My point is in pretty much every match thread somebody will claim the ref is bias or corrupt. If we lose on Sunday to a border line decision there will be loads of accusations. When these things work in our favour there’s a deafening silence. It’s not unique to lfc, a lot of other forums have threads about bias or corruption. The refs must be multi millionaires if it’s all true. 

• Upvote 2

Is there such outrage when a throw is given the wrong way. I've never seen such levels of outrage for such a small detail. It's obscene how the pundits and journos have framed it. It wasnt controversial in the slightest it was a small error and those pricks never gave us the ball back after we kicked it out of play in the first half. Forest didn't lose the game due to that error, they lost it for constantly time wasting and then fucking up. I hope they go down, I hope they stay down forever.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is there such outrage when a throw is given the wrong way. I've never seen such levels of outrage for such a small detail. It's obscene how the pundits and journos have framed it. It wasnt controversial in the slightest it was a small error and those pricks never gave us the ball back after we kicked it out of play in the first half. Forest didn't lose the game due to that error, they lost it for constantly time wasting and then fucking up. I hope they go down, I hope they stay down forever.

You should see some of those trivial calls in some grassroots football too. Ridiculous goings on.

To be fair if we hadn't have won, I would have been blaming the ref for not giving us a blatant corner after Clark had a shot, we were in the ascendancy and had them under pressure, then the ref did that and we just switched off for 60 minutes, which could have cost us the win.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Fucking hell, if they are going to be dropping referees for incidents like this, there will be nobody left in a few weeks…

IMG_1014.jpeg

They're really pushing this Liverpool were gifted narrative over a nothing incident.

Unfortunately, I can see this 'evened'  out on Sunday much to the delight of everyone that isn't us.

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

They're really pushing this Liverpool were gifted narrative over a nothing incident.

Unfortunately, I can see this 'evened'  out on Sunday much to the delight of everyone that isn't us.

Nailed on.

It's going to be Anthony Taylor for the weekend isn't. Webb's right hand man to screw us.

18 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I can see how getting  a drop ball 110 yards away from goal is comparable to having a legitimate goal not given by VAR are comparable…

26 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I can see how getting  a drop ball 110 yards away from goal is comparable to having a legitimate goal not given by VAR are comparable…

It’s a modern day war crime Scott.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Fucking hell, if they are going to be dropping referees for incidents like this, there will be nobody left in a few weeks…

IMG_1014.jpeg

The fucking shite we've had to endure off this cunt Tierney over the years and this is running on and on. This is about the equivalent of him getting a throw in the wrong way. Which happened about 4 times just in that game. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The fucking shite we've had to endure off this cunt Tierney over the years and this is running on and on. This is about the equivalent of him getting a throw in the wrong way. Which happened about 4 times just in that game. 

Probably due to all the screaming from the whiny cunts in the crowd. Wasn't there a moment as well, where we were not given an obvious corner and their support started cheering like they'd got one over on us? Fucking hate small time cunts like these.

• Upvote 1