You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carabao Cup Final: Chelsea 0 Liverpool 1 (Feb 25 2024)

Loved reading that! In fact I can't get enough stuff on this match, it was fucking epic. I even listened to Talkshite on the way home on Monday (broke the return journey by staying over with relies in Oxford). They were mostly ok, but also came out with the same shite about Chelsea's ending average age..... not mentioning the guys who came on were Nkunku (26, 10 full international caps), Mudryk (23, 16 caps), Chalobah (24 150+ 1st team appearances for various clubs) and Madueke (21, 18 England u21 caps). We brought on Bobby Clarke,19, never started a league game, Danns, 18, only other first team appearance - came on in 89th minute vs Luton)..... plus McConnell, Quansah.

I didn't get to see any replays until I got home and watched it back....and ended up shouting at Kavanagh all over again - what a cunt of a performance. Their first yellow for a foul was in the 119th Minute, and the yellows count was 5-2 in their favour - utterly scandalous. The Caicedo 'tackle' was so late I missed it - I was shouting for the foul on Gakpo when Fernandez went through his ankle to get the ball - one of many free kicks we didn't get.

I loved our defending - proper defending, lads like Bradley, Konate and Endo who actually enjoy the defensive side of things..... unlike Trent for whom it seems like a chore,unless he's got a grump on,or even Virgil of last season with his half-hearted attempts to block shots. The captain was fucking immense here - as he has been all season.

On and off the pitch it was a real show of defiance in the face of adversity - the injuries, the shithousery from the opposition, the awful refereeing. Fantastic performance from everybody. It's right up there with my favourite finals.  

• Upvote 3

Thanks Dave, great commentary. Another shout for the fans, it seemed well loud in the ground but when I got home had to watch it all over again and all you could hear was our support. The Ole Ole (!) in extra time was spine tingling stuff, so proud of the club. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Turned into a massive cunt since he joined that shower. We were linked with him constantly before we signed Robbo, bullet dodged.

We were heavily linked with him when he was on loan at Huddersfield when Wagner was there. When he got into the Leicester team I always thought there were weaknesses that we exploited, eithe building up down his side or crosses from the left when he wasn't defending the back post properly. What did Chelsea pay for him? £50m? Ridiculous even by their standards.

As for Neville, we all know that the teams he really hates are us and City. He reserves his deepest contempt for teams that play poorly against us, so he sees Chelsea as Liverpool enablers.

• Upvote 3

Just watched the Behind the Scenes video on YouTube and there’s a bit just after 21mins where 3 or 4 of the kids are lining up for Jurgen hug and the look of adoration/awe on their faces is unbelievable. The man is irreplaceable. 

• Upvote 6

Superb report, Dave, better than usual if that might be possible. Maybe that demanda a fanzine issue, the old way ?

We were very good, especially during extra time. I believe Chelsea missed Gallagher because he ran the show for them.

Couple of things. 

How could you have ever had Gallagher as ‘your boy’ when he was at Palace Dave? He just screams Chelsea cunt, from his shit hair, the socks rolled up above the knee and cutting holes in them. 

You walk in to a pub, see him and immediately think ‘fuck that’ and walk straight out. He’s a proper twat as well. 

Also no mention of the ginger prick in the crowd? As a ginger myself you know not to have any outlandish haircuts to draw attention to the fact YOU’RE FUCKING GINGER. 

Another shit Chelsea fucking haircut that cunt., was hoping for a rant about that prick either in the pod or report. 

I remember a match report you wrote in Rafas first season. We beat Spurs away in the cup with a load of kids, and you said you’ve never felt so proud after a win. Don’t know why I remember that but it came to mind after this match.

Now if I could only remember dentist appointments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I remember a match report you wrote in Rafas first season. We beat Spurs away in the cup with a load of kids, and you said you’ve never felt so proud after a win. Don’t know why I remember that but it came to mind after this match.

I was at that Spurs game and Sunday reminded me of it too.  Immense pride watching inexperienced kids standing up and winning against all odds. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I’ve got a dentist show off cunt. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aws said:

I was at that Spurs game and Sunday reminded me of it too.  Immense pride watching inexperienced kids standing up and winning against all odds. 

I’m just glad I’m not the only one who remembered it. I did wonder if recollection of a cup game from 20 ago was a bit sad. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I’m just glad I’m not the only one who remembered it. I did wonder if recollection of a cup game from 20 ago was a bit sad. 

Not at all.  One of the most enjoyable games I ever went to.  

• dave u unpinned this topic

Saved this one up for a few beers on a Friday evening, and well worth the wait. Absolutely fantastic read, and the scattergun format takes me right back to the swell of feelings in the aftermath. Superb work!