You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

13 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If he does come I don't trust Xabi to stick around for long and it's been 15 years since he lived here so we may be overblowing his affinity for the club. 

We know he likes us less than paying tax. 

He isn't going to out-think Guardiola and win us the title.  The trick is to make your players apply more effort and die for the badge, then we can put a finger on the scales in our favour. When Klopp goes we won't miss his tactics, we'll miss the massive presence he has. That's what we need to replace. 

Guardiola isn't going to be at City that much longer.

The aim now is to find a manager that can capitalise when he fucks off.

There isn't going to be anybody close to Klopp in terms of presence, of the names mentioned Xabi seems the best possible candidate. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What leads the data. How cheap can the manager win a point.

That’s probably a fair bit of it.

Still, whoever gets the job inherits a vastly better squad than Jurgen got in 2015 (largely thanks to Jurgen). 

It’s a great job to be walking into, and Guardiola won’t be around forever.

56 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

There isn't going to be anybody close to Klopp in terms of presence, of the names mentioned Xabi seems the best possible candidate. 

Just posted similar on Guardiola going at some point. Jurgen’s been horribly unlucky in a lot of ways.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Went down a bit of a Youtube rabbit hole before of Klopp press conferences, I don't usually watch them but I didn't realise how touchy he'd become in recent years, lots of innocuous comments/questions drawing some pretty arsey responses.  

Imagine the relentless churn of those soul-destroying media duties, and some hero always trying to provoke him about early kick-offs or VAR. 

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Just posted similar on Guardiola going at some point. Jurgen’s been horribly unlucky in a lot of ways.

He has been unlucky to face the biggest cheats in football but not many managers have transformed a club, from top to bottom, in recent times. So when he is in the beach with a beer in hand and ciggy on the other, he can feel 100% proud of what he has achieved not just in terms of transformation but knowing it took the corrupt refs and the biggest cheats to win 2 titles by a point each time. 

• Upvote 6

The ideal manager would be charismatic enough to attract the big names, but good at working with the home-grown talents as well, with great tactical attacking flair, the right values, and tall enough to keep patting Pep on the head like Bennie Hill used to do that little old bloke. 

I guess that's either Klopp or Xabi in glam rock boots.

2 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

They're probably grooming the Girona manager that they already own for the job. 

8 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Went down a bit of a Youtube rabbit hole before of Klopp press conferences, I don't usually watch them but I didn't realise how touchy he'd become in recent years, lots of innocuous comments/questions drawing some pretty arsey responses.  

Maybe like most of us as we get older just can't be arsed with arseholes trying you'll patience. Most of the football media are snide pricks so fuck em

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Mental

Nah, he's perfect. 

We wouldn't give up on him like Chelsea gave fans gave up on Lampard. 

He's got decent experience, he's interested in youth development, he's a great presence, and he'd have Klopp on the phone.  

I'd have him ahead of anyone else out there now.  

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Do you know what. 

I'd give it Gerrard and I'd have a word with Lijnders to stay another year as his assistant.

I'd rather have Rodgers back than Gerrard anywhere near it. 

• Upvote 2

Klopp has very few weaknesses and often his biggest weaknesses are the flip side of his greatest strength so player loyalty, its why players run through a wall for him but it also may mean he puts faith into those who are no longer capable he sees the person over the player to be used and discarded. Its a minor minor flaw you'd gladly accept, a slight lack of ruthlessness.

My biggest gripe seems to be a collective managerial one of playing badly, seeing its not working every single person watching saying "a goal is coming here, a goal is coming here" you need to address this, nothing is done and we concede. Not only that but still carry on failing and watching it unfold further. This isnt a klopp thing we've seen it with other managers. It drives me up the wall, playing badly the ball under your feet then just fucking launch it, relieve pressure don't invite it if you know youre not on it. 

10 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd rather come 16th with Gerrard than come 8th with Alonso or Amorim. 

Suck it up you quegs.

Not sure anyone here attends QUeen Elizabeth Grammar Schools.
Could be wrong though.  

22 hours ago, El Rojo said:

That’s probably a fair bit of it.

Still, whoever gets the job inherits a vastly better squad than Jurgen got in 2015 (largely thanks to Jurgen). 

It’s a great job to be walking into, and Guardiola won’t be around forever.

Guardiola might not be there but the money and influence still will be.