You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

There will be a concern over some of them newer platers being pissed off and kicking off though. They signed on with Klopp thinking he would be here long term and he knew he would be off in November from them reports. Hopefully not but Szoboszlai and Mac Callister are probably a bit concerned. Now with Trent,Mo and Virg only having 12 months on their deals Hopefully they don't get their heads turned

Obviously right now we are all just coming to terms with the news but its not all doom and gloom we got a squad that can compete all the new manager needs is some fine tuning thanks to Jurgen new manager is not walking in to a 2015 shitshow keep this squad add a couple over the summer and away we go

7 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Obviously right now we are all just coming to terms with the news but its not all doom and gloom we got a squad that can compete all the new manager needs is some fine tuning thanks to Jurgen new manager is not walking in to a 2015 shitshow keep this squad add a couple over the summer and away we go

I completely agree

I'm just talking from a players perspective and they might be pissed off thinking I signed in August under the understanding you had 3 years left and now your off. Hopefully not, but the club need to move quickly to get some key players locked up, especially Trent and Virg. I think this is the perfect excuse for Mo agent to push for a move in the summer and it gives our owners a good fee to give to a new manager

21 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Jurgen isn't an egotistical twat like Ferguson was. He's made sure he's left us in good shape. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I completely agree

I'm just talking from a players perspective and they might be pissed off thinking I signed in August under the understanding you had 3 years left and now your off. Hopefully not, but the club need to move quickly to get some key players locked up, especially Trent and Virg. I think this is the perfect excuse for Mo agent to push for a move in the summer and it gives our owners a good fee to give to a new manager

The Salah and van Dijk situations are similar to Klopp; if they think this is their natural conclusion here, you have to say so be it. We were probably heading there with Salah anyway. Less talk with Virgil, but he's at that age as well.

Trent is different in that he's local, in his prime, etc... 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

The Salah and van Dijk situations are similar to Klopp; if they think this is their natural conclusion here, you have to say so be it. We were heading there with Salah anyway. Less talk with Virgil, but he's at that age as well.

Trent is different in that he's local, in his prime, etc... 

With Trent getting into his last year like Alphonso Davis at Bayern I'm starting to get concerned Madrid are talking to both behind the scenes for cut price deals in tbe summer. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

With Trent getting into his last year like Alphonso Davis at Bayern I'm starting to get concerned Madrid are talking to both behind the scenes for cut price deals in tbe summer. 

Yeah, I get that. I'm not sure he is totally set on staying here, though he is a scouser. It is what it is. We'll offer him something and we'll see.

15 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Quansah has gotten to him.

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

"Am I in today boss?"

I'm absolutely devastated by this news, even my wife and eldest son (who have no interest in footy) loved Jurgen and both text me immediately after it happened, gutted.

I feel the same as when Kenny left in 1991. I was 20, Kenny was all I knew, my favourite player and I adored him as manager and a person.

I'm so happy my father got to experience Jurgen before he passed away and see us win the league.

I'm sanguine about the future, I'm sure I'll get as emotionally involved again but right now I can't see it

I guess I never thought we'd have anyone again like Kenny, then we did, the club lives on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Absolutely horrendous news, I was dreading this day. The only reason we are competitive is Jurgen Klopp. In this era of industrial level cheats no other manager could do what he has done.

I have really hated what football has become, the only reason I haven't walked away from it is Jurgen Klopp. I said to myself that I would be done with it when Klopp leaves but God I didn't think it would be this soon.

1 minute ago, RedHeadedRed said:

Absolutely horrendous news, I was dreading this day. The only reason we are competitive is Jurgen Klopp. In this era of industrial level cheats no other manager could do what he has done.

I have really hated what football has become, the only reason I haven't walked away from it is Jurgen Klopp. I said to myself that I would be done with it when Klopp leaves but God I didn't think it would be this soon.

Fair points. But life goes on. True so true funny how it seems.

37 minutes ago, suzy said:

First time I’ve got to see sky sports today and it’s surreal to see it all . I’m gutted all over again.

For me the shock is subsiding and the depression is increasing. Actually, not depression, more of a sadness that it's all over really. Really gutted that the Klopp era is coming to an end. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, an tha said:

It is this nearly 50 years on...

That's the first thing I thought of when I heard this. Such has been the impact he has made on the club, the city and the game as a whole, you can only bring an air of disbelief laced with fear for the future.

Announcing it now is certainly a massive shock (when wouldn't it be?) that will take time to process but, if done right, it can galvanise the players and it also gives time for succession planning.

I'm sure I'll have more to say in the coming weeks and months, but boy oh boy am I gonna miss Jurgen!

• Upvote 1