You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool - All Or Nothing

Anubis

18 hours ago, lebron said:

Purely from a fan standpoint it could be interesting (even if it would take away some of the mystique). I think we're halfway there already though, with the "Inside training", "Inside xxxxteam" and all the numerous snippets coming out from the club's social media.

I haven't seen the City one, thought the Tottenham one was decent, but I'd get the "Hard Knocks" team and Liev Schreiber on the case if we did one. I follow the Indianapolis Colts with about a tenth of the enthusiasm I have towards LFC, but I really liked the "In season" version of "Hard knocks" they did two seasons ago.

I'm probably leaning towards not doing it, but it won't be the disaster it was last time out anyway. If it gains us a few hundred thousand more supporters throughout the world, as well as directly lining our transfer budget, I don't think it's much to protest against if I'm honest.

I loved the in season Hard knocks of the Dolphins this season and I don’t support the Dolphins. 

While I’d normally be averse to this kind of thing, I pretty much agree with the whole of your post, we’re basically there anyway, if Klopp says yes then I’ll probably watch it as you don’t see the teams tactics put up in lights, you see a bit of training, interaction between players, and their home lives which actually makes you warm to the players more than you’d think. 

Huge fan of Tyreek Hill after watching Hard knocks. 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-filming-unique-documentary-series

Filming is under way of a new multi-episodic documentary series about Liverpool Football Club, to be broadcast after the end of the 2023-24 season.

The exclusive production will delve into LFC’s rich history, its profound connection with its supporters, and provide first-hand insights into what makes the club, including its men’s and women’s teams, a success on and off the pitch. 

It will give fans and viewers a unique insight into the club and will bring LFC’s story to a wider audience than ever before.

Cameras will follow Jürgen Klopp and his team throughout his final season at the club. The documentary will subtly capture the team in areas agreed by the manager and players, without encroaching on private spaces.

All this will be alongside an exploration of the club’s journey to the present day and the telling of human stories against the epic backdrop of Liverpool Football Club.

It will be filmed, directed and produced by Lorton Entertainment, the company responsible for the likes of the Diego Maradona movie, the Steven Gerrard film, Make Us Dream, on Amazon Prime, plus Coleen Rooney: The Real Wagatha Story on Disney+.

Speaking about the new documentary series, Klopp said: “With this being my final season I thought we should provide a rare opportunity for viewers to have more of an inside look at what makes this club so special: its people, from our fans to our players and those who work so hard behind the scenes, constantly in pursuit of success for Liverpool Football Club. 

“Thanks to this new documentary series, viewers will be able to see what I see every day at this great club, and understand those amazing people more.”

Drew Crisp, senior vice-president of digital at LFC, added: “This exciting new multi-episodic documentary will be unique and show the real, authentic side of the club. 

“It will not only delve into its rich history and its unrivalled connection with its supporters, but will also explore what makes Liverpool Football Club succeed, on and off the pitch. We’re delighted to have the full backing of Jürgen and everyone across the club.

“This will be a football club documentary series like no other.

Julian Bird, CEO, Lorton Entertainment, said: “This project will offer supporters an intimate glimpse into one of world football’s greatest institutions, delivering a comprehensive look at the present day and the club’s storied history.

“There’s no better place to film than behind the scenes at a Premier League giant – we know so many companies in our industry are desperate to work with a club of Liverpool’s stature. We’re eager to bring our expertise to the project, and can’t wait to see how this season develops on and off the pitch.”

Just now, El Rojo said:

Jurgen will have to outdo himself to beat this one from Brendan in a pre-match clip in Being Liverpool:

'Trust yourselves, trust your family, trust no-one.' 

to be fair, he was talking to his wife at the time

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Anyone saying they won’t watch it is a liar. 

Unless we win fuck all, then it can piss off. 

I didn't watch the Rodgers one. I prefer us as the shadowy, world-dominating force the Blueshite fans think we are. This will spoil it.

54 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Jurgen will have to outdo himself to beat this one from Brendan in a pre-match clip in Being Liverpool:

'Trust yourselves, trust your family, trust no-one.' 

He's such a gobshite. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Before Friday I was aghast at this, but now the prospect of seeing our greatest ever manager say farewell by way of up to four trophy wins is compelling. This could be the greatest sports documentary of all time. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Before Friday I was aghast at this, but now the prospect of seeing our greatest ever manager say farewell by way of up to four trophy wins is compelling. This could be the greatest sports documentary of all time. 

I love Jürgen Klopp but steady on, Paul!

9 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I love Jürgen Klopp but steady on, Paul!

He is for me mate. He’s not a greater Red than Kenny, he’s won less than Bob and he didn’t carve out an entire club like Shanks, but he’s the greatest for me. Doesn’t matter whether you agree on that though - you surely take my overall point?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

He is for me mate. He’s not a greater Red than Kenny, he’s won less than Bob and he didn’t carve out an entire club like Shanks, but he’s the greatest for me. Doesn’t matter whether you agree on that though - you surely take my overall point?

Yes, I know what you mean. However, Shankly and Paisley are untouchable, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

He's such a gobshite. 

The more I think about it, the more I think that the reasons that it doesn't work for Brendan (it exposes him as a charlatan with the charisma of a wet towel) might be the exact reasons that it does work for Klopp (who is the real deal, with genuine charisma to match).

Of course, if a few bad bounces or ref decisions or a key injury or two means that we miss out on a decent trophy haul in the end, it's going to be painful no matter what.