You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan: Klopp is the best manager in the Premier League

TLW

Simon Jordan believes that Jurgen Klopp is the best manager in the Premier League in all facets of the game.

The former Crystal Palace chairman and current Talksport presenter admits that bare facts show that Pep Guardiola has been the standout manager in terms of overall success in the modern era, if the two managers were to swap places, then Klopp would have won just as much as him.

They’ve [Liverpool] got a manager that to me, I think, is the best manager, if not close to it in world football.  “I know that the statistics will tell you that it’s Pep.

But if (Klopp) had the same resources as Pep I think he might have achieved the same things.

Jordan went further in his analysis of the two most dominant teams of this modern era in English Football saying that he finds Liverpool much more enjoyable to watch.

The argument will be, ‘what style of football do you like to watch?

“I just like a more dynamic style of football rather than this overwhelming destruction of other sides by passing them to an almost near standstill.

“The nature of Manchester City’s football whilst beautiful on the eye, isn’t quite as exciting as the dynamic explosion Liverpool often produce and that’s just a personal choice.”

klopp3.jpg

Jordan believes after a very difficult last season for all concerned with the club and most of all Klopp who was the public face constantly having to answer questions of what exactly had gone wrong, the German is rejuvenated and on the cusp of building another very successful era.

“I think Klopp is a brilliant manager. He’s now back in the groove and back in most press conferences saying things that are sensible and not constantly indulging himself in what they do and don’t have and how unfortunate it is for them.

“I think he’s an outstanding manager.”

The whole Klopp vs Guardiola ‘who is better’ debate has been trotted out a number of times over the years and depending on what side of the fence you sit on, you will have a different answer.

There are those that look at basic statistics and conclude their answer that way, but on the flip side there are those who use a bit of rationale behind their response like Jordan has done here.

And by coming  from someone who is completely impartial, it may carry a bit more weight in the mainstream.

But even if it doesn’t, a great majority of Reds fans know that Jordan is completely on the money with what he said and in turn how lucky we are to have him guiding the club into a new era that is hopefully just as successful as what occurred before it.

View full article

• Upvote 2

There's no doubt about it. He's won everything bar the Europa despite never really being able to dine at the top table when it comes to buying players. Even when we were linked with Bellingham none of us believed it, which says a lot.

That's one of the many most frustrating things about this era, if it wasn't for city in cheat mode we'd have won back to back leagues and would rightly be seen as by far the best and most entertaining teams in the league and one of the top three or four in the world. For years.

Guardiola failed for 11 seasons in the CL while having one of the three top favourites every season.

Leaving aside us and  Man City, I would back Jurgen to do better than Guardiola with any of the other 90 clubs in the English game.

• 2 weeks later...

Jurgen Won Hearts and Minds of our great worldwide  fanbase.   He just simply gets  the history of our great club......Does Pep have that same connection..... No chance.   The stats count for nothing the feelgood vibe does .

10 hours ago, markmason said:

Jurgen Won Hearts and Minds of our great worldwide  fanbase.   He just simply gets  the history of our great club......Does Pep have that same connection..... No chance.   The stats count for nothing the feelgood vibe does .

I'm not sure there is the same thing to connect to at Abu Dhabi. They're a club who don't even have an identity. The old city fans are still the miserable cunts they've always been. The owners want the club to reflect the wealth and dick swinging of their own country, with an expectation that like the owners themselves at home, they write their own rules. And then there are a bunch of senior people off the pitch and guardiola coaching the team who want to make city the Barcelona of England.

Aside from the fact guardiola is clearly a fucking weirdo, he's running a club which has dissociative identity disorder by design. 

I don't think you can say which of the 2 managers is the best. They both do different things. Sure, klopp is perfect for us, he has very similar principles to the core fan base and manages to achieve despite us not being able to spend what others do. But equally it takes a different personality to be able to go into a club like City and make it work to the extent guardiola has. They were certainly not this unstoppable force before he joined and nothing would delight me more then if he fucked off. The way guardiola wants to play football probably does not translate to say if you put him in charge of Everton. Or maybe even a club like Milan. But I'm not sure some of klopp's brilliance would translate to clubs who carry the arrogance that city does. 

• Upvote 1

If and its still a big if but if he brings number 20 home this season then I think it'll be his greatest achievement here anyway. 

To take this team from where we were last season to where we are now is truly outstanding and proves he's the best manager not just in the premier league but the world. 

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

Klopp getting some love from Arsenal fans here. Well, maybe not love but admiration for the job he’s doing.

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/jurgen-klopps-liverpool-kloppenheimer.27330/page-281

Jesus this has to be the worst comment of the season so far:

"a team that has no business being top of the league based on talent"

So, a team with Virgil, Allison, Salah, Trent, Robbo, MacAllister, Konate, Thiago, Jota and Nunez has no talent. That's quite the hot take. 

How many Arsenal players would actually get in our first team? 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/01/2024 at 14:31, johnsusername said:

So, a team with Virgil, Allison, Salah, Trent, Robbo, MacAllister, Konate, Thiago, Jota and Nunez has no talent. That's quite the hot take. 

Minus 3 ?

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Cancer. Club kindly offered the gentleman and his daughter tickets for Burnley tommorw but unfortunately I think he's too ill to go. 

20240209_212327.jpg

I have size 12 feet, but if I were to be offered the manager's job tomorrow, I think I'd pass. What a bloke, Jürgen is a colossus of a man.

Follow that if you dare.

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I have size 12 feet, but if I were to be offered the manager's job tomorrow, I think I'd pass. What a bloke, Jürgen is a colossus of a man.

Follow that if you dare.

Hes something else. I coukd listen to him talk all day. 

• Upvote 1

On 22/01/2024 at 07:55, Anubis said:

Klopp getting some love from Arsenal fans here. Well, maybe not love but admiration for the job he’s doing.

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/jurgen-klopps-liverpool-kloppenheimer.27330/page-281

On 22/01/2024 at 14:31, johnsusername said:

Wow Arsenal fans come across mostly decent there. Admittedly I have only seen GOT amongst other team forums before, but aside from one or 2 comments it was surprisingly respectful.