You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mizzy Night

Anubis

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Is bommy night when anything made of wood, nailed down or not, gets robbed and lashed onto a pile about 10 feet away from someone's house before being set alight? Preferably with a guy on it made out of tights stuffed with newspaper? Traditionally, an aerosol got lashed in half way through the night for a bit of jeopardy. 

Or Friday as we used to call it growing up....

My Dad told me a story about him and his mates trying to make some money with penny for the guy outside the pub his dad run as a kid. They couldn't be arsed making a guy so just got one of them to put on some raggy clothes and he sat on the floor. All going well till some pissed up docker said he wanted something for his money and punted the 'guy' in the face. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Lee909 said:

My Dad told me a story about him and his mates trying to make some money with penny for the guy outside the pub his dad run as a kid. They couldn't be arsed making a guy so just got one of them to put on some raggy clothes and he sat on the floor. All going well till some pissed up docker said he wanted something for his money and punted the 'guy' in the face. 

We used to do that. Without the punted in the face bit - though I'm sure I heard that story as well.

My only memory of Mizzy Night is touching up the paint outside the house in West Derby and some little arsehole throwing an egg from the top deck of the 61 and walloping me on the back with it.

Looking back it was a pretty good shot to be fair, but at the time I chased the bus nearly to the Melwood lights before I nearly passed out.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

I fucking HATED this when I lived in Liverpool from 2001 to 2008. Was an absolute gauntlet getting home from uni or work. Especially as a "bad goth" 

I got egged so many times by the little fucking scrotums that lived near the bullring. 

Fucking scandalous it's tolerated. Police should be allowed free rein to maim. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Chris said:

I fucking HATED this when I lived in Liverpool from 2001 to 2008. Was an absolute gauntlet getting home from uni or work. Especially as a "bad goth" 

I got egged so many times by the little fucking scrotums that lived near the bullring. 

Bandit country round there. London road's just one long shithole nowadays. Lots of moody looking Turkish men all wearing the same clothes just loitering around. I got off the train once and went over there to jump a bus and one was stood right behind me, I turned round and I'm certain he was trying to open my rucksack and would have had off with my work laptop. Better than getting egged though I suppose. 

22 hours ago, Chris said:

Yeah, sorry about that, but I think we’ve both grown a lot since then.

• Haha 1