You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Toulouse (H) - EL Grp E, Thurs 26th Oct 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

So nice to be able to watch pretty much the whole game without being nervous all the time. A big part of that is, I guess, that you never feel the ref is out to get us. Sure, he makes mistakes, but that is all they are. In the premier league, you feel as if the hammer will fall on us at any moment, with intent.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Joe Cole going on about how we find ourselves in this competition.

That's easy really, all down to shit players who couldn't run, pass, create and score.

What is the point of Joe Cole?

That is one of life's great philosophical musings. 

I was asking it when he played for us and I'm still asking it

Forget the meaning of life I want to know what the point of Joe Cole is. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

What is the point of Joe Cole?

That is one of life's great philosophical musings. 

I was asking it when he played for us and I'm still asking it

Forget the meaning of life I want to know what the point of Joe Cole is. 

I always forget he "played" for us

Decent performance and of course an excellent result. We allowed them too many chances, but with this line up I guess you have to expect that.

Very good going forwards, and plenty of good performances attacking wise.

Bit disappointed with Elliott and Jones, apart from that the front six were very good. Gravenberch our best player I thought, closely followed by Jota.

The two lads at left back both looked well out of their depth, but dont think that’s a big worry. If Tsimikas got injured now I’m pretty sure we’d play Gomez there, or perhaps Quansah, if it was a PL match.

Good to see we have a completely new midfield and a lot more depth overall compared to last season.

That was more like a derby than the game on Saturday, really enjoyed most of that & nice to see lots of tackles flying in.

Big Ryan looks a great signing, Nunez adds a madness to our play that you just can't help but enjoy and I thought Endo was really good tonight.

Also nice to see Klopp bring some under 8s on for late cameos.

6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I thought his performance was better than anything we've seen from MacAllister so far.

Agree with that, but I think you have to take the quality of the opposition into account. 

Also we allowed Toulouse far more space and time on the break than we should at times, and Endo has to take some of the responsibilty for that.

A good performance, but hard to judge exactly how good.