You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AUDIO RELEASED:

Nelly-Szoboszlai

We should’ve kept our powder dry and Klopp should’ve kept quiet. 

But, the more I look at what happened, the more I agree with him. Or think that we shouldn’t just settle for an apology.

It’s unprecedented incompetence. To the extent that it makes the result unfair and questionable. So many things went wrong or happened that don’t usually happen. There’s the VAR fuck up, obviously. There’s the flag going up in the first place, going against the protocol that the linesman should keep his flag down if it’s a tight decision. There’s the referee and linos not satisfactorily conveying to VAR what the on pitch decision was. Then there’s the alleged failure to inform the referee until half-time, which prevented him from suggesting some sort of fair play suggestion like a walk in goal to the managers and captains. Measures that have in the past been deemed proper and acceptable when a monumental, entirely unfair decisions or series of events has occurred. 

As above, I’m not sure if a replay is a good idea. But, neither is just accepting it with a delayed, insincere apology. 

Massive facepalm moment, it’s frustrating as fuck what happened but saying that is just going to fuel the masses of negative cunts.

Just gives the media what they want, should have played dumb and said nothing imo because anything we are given in the near future regardless if it’s right or wrong will be ‘ahhhh it’s all because of Spurs’

RAWK are saying that the 2nd assistant referee, Simon Long, can be heard on the audio saying “give it.”

If accurate, give what? And why is he getting involved in the process when he’s likely seen the incident from a shite angle and wasn’t privy to the footage? 

It gets stranger, more amateurish and more dodgy by the minute. 

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

To be fair to Klopp, he did qualify his replay comments by saying that he doesn’t think that would happen. 

We should’ve simply said at the start of the press conference that it was for a Europa League game and that is all that will be discussed and any questions about the VAR incident will be ignored. 

I mean he could also have simply addressed it along the lines of it's frustrating decisions like these end up costing teams points but that he/the players are now fully focused on the Europa league fixture and will put this to the back of their minds.

The guy has been around long enough now to know the press are going to do their best to bait him in to a soundbite/hot take, stop giving them it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Shoulder to shoulder, he gets enough of the ball, IMO. The ball goes the way his leg is looking like it would go, I don’t think he kicked Gomez and then they ended in a tangle. 

VVD only got the ball at Newcastle by kicking through the back of Isak. 

With which foot does van de Ven  "get enough the ball" with? Genuinely.

I have rewatched the game and various clips on social media from different angles, and he definitely does not touch the ball with his right foot. If he touches the ball with his left foot, then it is after Gomez has touched it and he has already gone through Gomez at that stage, so it is a penalty. 

The picture below shows why the ball goes the way vdV's leg is pointing

Screenshot_20231004_141538_Gallery.jpg

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Why are people being bad quims and being arsed about what the press and other team’s supporters will say? 

They’ll hate us either way. We were robbed in unprecedented circumstances. That wrong needs righting. 

Yeah this is fair really. You can't reason with the gobshites that inhabit this country. Fuck them.

That Darren England audio when he repeatedly says “I can’t do anything” really fucking annoys me. 

Wrong. The rules say that the offside decision can’t be revisited once the game has restarted. But, England can still instantly tell the referee what’s happened and pause the game when it next goes out of play. He doesn’t have to wait until halftime. 

It’s more a case of England choosing to do nothing. 

He should most definitely be sacked. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Sorry Jurgen disagree, no replay.

And as sure as night follows day the Spurs fans are all over social media complaing they want the CL final replayed over the penalty.

Don't see why. The ball hit the outstretched arm!

And even iff it didn't, that's a subjective decision ala. Curtis's red card. We've been told from day 1 that offisde isn't subjective. It's either on or off. This was on and given off.

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

Sorry Jurgen disagree, no replay.

And as sure as night follows day the Spurs fans are all over social media complaing they want the CL final replayed over the penalty.

It's not comparable though.

VAR didn't intervene to tell the ref that it should have been a penalty when clearly it wasn't.

People really are so thick!

Just now, Nelly-Matip said:

That Darren England audio when he repeatedly says “I can’t do anything” really fucking annoys me. 

Wrong. The rules say that the offside decision can’t be revisited once the game has restarted. But, England can still instantly tell the referee what’s happened and pause the game when it next goes out of play. He doesn’t have to wait until halftime. 

It’s more a case of England choosing to do nothing. 

He should most definitely be sacked. 

It's absolutely untenable that he can ever be involved in our of our games again. 

I don't give a fiddlers fuck what other fans tweet, text or rant and rave about what klopp has said. Let them by hysterical fanny's. It won't be replayed,but we've been royally fucked over, an unprecedented royal fucking over, and it cost us at least 1 point. We've lost 2 , count them, TWO league's by 1 point in the last 5 years, mostly due to subjective decisions going against us, kompany not being sent off, rodri hand ball v the bitters for instance.

This error could be fucking huge. Replays have happened before in other league's and there is provision in the Premier league's statute that lays out the details of a replay.

I'm 100% behind what klopp said.

Fuck the entire lot of them.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Apples and oranges I'm afraid.

Stripping a cheat of a title punishes them. Changing a single result, based on one instance of error, assumes the rest of the game would've played out the same. It also unfairly punishes a team who had nothing to do with the error (or corruption, if you see it as such).

We're building our case on sporting integrity, and that outcome is diametrically opposed to it.

We all know medals and titles can be stripped in extraordinary circumstances. This was a world away from those extremes, and to think otherwise smacks of the kind of exceptionalism we're so often accused of.

Punish the officials, change the process, ensure it has a lower chance of ever happening again. You can't punish another team for it.

The quote to which I referred was a general one in its subject, as was my reply. Not apples, nor oranges. Just maybe a lemon for the deliberate twist of context.

Punishments have consequences, but the consequences, while not always welcome, are not punishments as such. The punishment of the PGMOL is not a replaying of a game, the replaying of the game would be the correction of a game whose natural outcome was made unnatural. The replaying of that abandoned game yesterday will not be a punishment of the team that happened to be doing better at the time of the abandonment, that's merely an unfortunate consequence of it. 

• Upvote 1

As a starting point I suspect the club and Klopp know a replay is out of the question. What these comments do is pile the pressure back on, Webb would have been sitting there last night thinking Man Utd have taken the headlines, Newcastle could beat PSG tonight and suddenly Saturday is already old news. I trust Klopp and FSG to do what's best for LFC, simple as that.

• Upvote 2

Should the game get replayed (it won’t) then Spurs will get penalties and we’ll get sending offs.

These are so brazen, and they’d be backed 100% by the media, that it’d be a waste of time.

The way forward is to remove the PGMOL from involvement and get replacements in who are unbiased and without agendas, if that’s possible.

• Upvote 1