You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) - Sun 13th Aug 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Chelsea have definitely improved and we looked second best for much of that game. Can't think of any real positives other than we didn't get beat , Alison is world class and we didn't pick up any serious injuries. Half the problem imo was that the players looked half fit and were gassed during that second half . A bullet dodged really ,  

Somehow, according to Sky, the xG was even. 1.28 to 1.28. There's your positive. We were turd but somehow hanging in there.

From salahs disallowed goal we were abysmal. We looked gassed and against a team that are a bag of rags both on and off the pitch.  We made Gallagher look like mascherano and they had a rookie next to the oldest living player to play centre half and we looked like an under 12s team.  Only Luton and villa gave up more clear cut chances than us this weekend.  It's not good enough.

I will say that we were denied a fucking cast iron penalty which is just an astonishingly bad decision.

Taylor fucked us all game the cunt.

• Upvote 1

We don't need a 19 year old DM who still learning his trade. The owners penny pinching and hanging on to old players left us with a massive fucking hole in the squad. So they need to bite the bullet and spend. If you want Lavia or Andre it needs to be alongside a DM. The mancs are probably getting Ambrabat which is a shame given the price. Paulinha or similar is needed. Some experience who will slow the game down as needed,win silly fouls and just sit deeper and stop passing lanes. We don't need another kid for that. 

We also look tactically bloody clueless at times

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Positives

* Doak looked really good

* Elliot looked amazing

* Mac Allister is a classy player but needs to be playing further forwards

* Thought Konate played quite well under the circumstances

*Stamford Bridge will be one of the more difficult fixtures of the season; we got it over and done with and we didn't lose.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

He was clear in lead up to this game that today was a make and do job - of course we need to buy the players he needs and soon to enable him to do what he really wants to do.

We surely will.

You keep saying this I think but don't be so sure.

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

The booking for Trent was fair enough. I've rarely seen a player get the yips taking throw-ins as him. He's even had several years with a throw-in coach and he still just stands there in a daze.

The booking for MacAllister (no, there isn't a fecking gap in his name) was ridiculous - it was a clear foul. I already had the sound down when various Chelsea players seemed to randomly handball in the area so no idea what the hell was going on there.

We got the foul and Mac Allister did gesture for a yellow. It's explicitly a booking, regardless.

IF and it's a big if we got Caciedo or Lavia we would imo still need a LCB if we're gonna persist with this tactic / formation to raise the extra cash needed and based on the last 12 months would you sacrifice Salah to get the cash? Just a question I'd prefer Salah to get his form of 2 years ago back personally.

11 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Shambolic. its a good job Chelsea haven't got a decent striker they created bucketloads today, almost at will.

Klopp get your fucking finger out, get Henry and the staff together and go out and buy the players we fucking need.

You are utterly utterly tedious

• Upvote 2

I’m sorry but I’m just not seeing this konate that gets lauded in here. He goes charging out of position for balls he’s got no chance of getting leaving massive holes behind him. He just can’t read the game at all.  He’s the one we need to be looking at improving on

The booking for Trent was fair enough. I've rarely seen a player get the yips taking throw-ins as him. He's even had several years with a throw-in coach and he still just stands there in a daze.

The booking for MacAllister (no, there isn't a fecking gap in his name) was ridiculous - it was a clear foul. I already had the sound down when various Chelsea players seemed to randomly handball in the area so no idea what the hell was going on there.

The MacAllister booking was correct under the new rules. But, not booking Gallagher for the tackle too was ridiculous. As was the Jota booking. And the decision not to give the penalty for the Jackson handball. Plus, he seemed to pull us up unfairly for a few “fouls” - particularly the one when Klopp lost it when Szobo harried one of their players and allegedly pulled him back. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, etho said:

You are utterly utterly tedious

Moaning about other people moaning is magic. So whats your hot take? Were we unlucky? is there just a few bits to tweak?

We've had the best part of last season and this summer to put plans in place to avoid the issues we have and we've done sweet FA. Against a team who are a bit handier up front they would have nailed us, they looked like they could score every time they attacked. but then thats nothing new is it? And now we are dragging our feet for a player who doesn't fucking want us and after today will have not changed his mind.

This club needs a giant lightning bolt up their arse.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

We got the foul and Mac Allister did gesture for a yellow. It's explicitly a booking, regardless.

That's been an 'explicitly' bookable offence for about fifteen years and it's never enforced. I don't mind old rules and new rules being enforced, but the pretence that old rules that aren't enforced suddenly becoming enforced is just insulting nonsense.

We can buy all the players we want. As long as the clowns in black are led by Howard Webb and every big decision continues to be given against us, we won’t achieve much.

There’s a lot for us to correct and work on. Doesn’t change the fact that we would be walking away with 3 pts if the referee crew did their jobs. 

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

That's been an 'explicitly' bookable offence for about fifteen years and it's never enforced. I don't mind old rules and new rules being enforced, but the pretence that old rules that aren't enforced suddenly becoming enforced is just insulting nonsense.

It's something they have clearly stated they will enforce this season and it's been happening all weekend. Hopefully they keep at it, but as I said earlier, round 1 rules are rarely the rules being enforced in round 38.

Jackson got booked for it just before.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Matip said:

The MacAllister booking was correct under the new rules. B

It's NOT a new rule. It's an old rule that they've suddenly decided to treat as a new rule. That's like making it an offence to drive while making a mobile phone call, and then, after years of hardly ever enforcing it, enforcing it. Fine to do it, but I'd like an explanation as to why it hasn't been enforced in the past when it was a bona fide rule.

Rotherham player got booked for it yesterday. His second booking after going into the crowd to celebrate. So, it was enforced even if it led to a red card. They’re apparently cracking down on it this season.