You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

Is this not just from a bloke you know who works at Chelsea though?

How would he know exactly what a Brighton player is thinking from one day to the next?

Yes. 

He agreed to join Chelsea last summer, Potter wanted him then and all aspects of the deal were agreed but for Jan as he was changing agents just after the transfer window closed and they wanted their pay day. In Jan you had him go on strike and come out with deliberate bollocks about arsenal to try and and get a price agreed with Brighton so he could force through a move and this summer he’s gone on strike again to force through a move to Chelsea. How much more evidence does anyone want he wants to join Chelsea? 

ETA: He also refused to meet Klopp or have a medical. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Yes. 

He agreed to join Chelsea last summer, Potter wanted him then and all aspects of the deal were agreed but for Jan as he was changing agents just after the transfer window closed and they wanted their pay day. In Jan you had him go on strike and come out with deliberate bollocks about arsenal to try and and get a price agreed with Brighton so he could force through a move and this summer he’s gone on strike again to force through a move to Chelsea. How much more evidence does anyone want he wants to join Chelsea? 

Fair enough mate, I wrote that before I saw the news that Chelsea have agreed a deal for him.

Somethings ain't right

Why woud we all of a sudden bid a record breaking 110M for player we knew wanted to play for Chelsea? Maybe Henry was just pissed off by the fact they interfered with the Lavia transfer?

And why has Lavia suddenly changed his mind? Apparently he wanted a move to Anfield. Now he wants to go to Chelsea where he might struggle for playing time. The must have offered him a lot of money, right?

Chelsea's like the desperate man at the auction who's set himself a max price on an object, only to double his bidding because someone else is trying to outbid him.

The fact probably is: Caicedo at 115M is way too much even in today's inflated market. 55M and a huge salary is way too much for the unproven Belgian. If we're going for a better player we may now be able to bid without competition from the maniac auction bidder

Just not arsed at all. 21 year old, still unproven in my eyes at the very top level, huge amount of money, sounds like he's surrounded by "advisors", did well to steer well clear. 

We should be going after players like this before they end up at these clubs not after.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Caicedo has only ever wanted Chelsea, that’s been the case since last summer. 

Is that entirely true, given that he handed in a transfer ref quest in the January window to try and force a move to Arsenal? 

edit: just seen your reply to Mook on this same thing. No reason to doubt your info.

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Just not arsed at all. 21 year old, still unproven in my eyes at the very top level, huge amount of money, sounds like he's surrounded by "advisors", did well to steer well clear. 

We should be going after players like this before they end up at these clubs not after.

he's only played 26 more premier league games than bajcetic. 

• Upvote 2

Glad we have avoided a club and English record for a player that wasn't convinced to be joining us, Klopp and the project. Madness as he would have fitted in well. 

I'd also like a more rounded player for that money. My reasoning is probably juvenile and why I'm not a talent scout but in spending that money, I want goals even if its assists. We were lucky with Fabinho, who was a goal threat, capable of a long range rocket and a presence at corners. Caicedo offers little in that aspect. 

We were close to having him signed for a record fee and realising he wasn't better than a prime Fabinho.

On 12/08/2023 at 11:43, Brownie said:

You either can or you can’t, believing it doesn’t come into it. Money clearly is a problem.

They have FFP issues and are trying to get around it some way (whether that be with sales or some dodgy business with Saudi clubs etc) or are weighing up the risk of fines.

It clearly isn’t. 

And as I said they’re wanting to spend more. 

• dave u changed the title to Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average