You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

8 minutes ago, Moo said:

Hopefully Chelsea's offer is accepted asap.  People talk about keeping our offer on the table to make them pay more, I don't agree with that.  How long do we keep our offer on the table? We know the club, apparently, doesn't like to work on more than one deal at a time (piss take).  What if Chelsea think "fuck it, they want to fuck us over, we'll do the same" and bid at the last minute?  We'll only be fucking ourselves over.  Unless...?  No surely not.

I've never been convinced about this bid, and Klopp seemed about as convinced as me when he spoke on Friday .  So it could all be one big distraction.  Nothing would surprise me.  Expect the worst of FSG cos they don't let you down usually.

Can we not leave the offer there in effectively "bad faith"? We know there's no deal to be made, because the player doesn't want us. It surely suits Brighton our deal is on the table. So we tell them, we are working with the fact the deal is dead, but if it suits all parties we leave the bid there while we get our other deals done. And then if something happens and Chelsea can't do the deal, it presents us with a problem, but I guess a good one. 

If I'm anything to do with Chelsea I would have wanted this all sorted before today's game, get the fans more up for it and rubbing our noses in it.

The fact they haven't even made a bid suggests they are in a pickle here.

Brighton though, you set a deadline, adhere to it as it won't bode well in future if they set a similar format up next time clubs are looking at one of their players, 'oh the deadline is midnight on Thursday is it, we'll wait over three days after before doing anything because that's what Chelsea did'

Just smash these slags everywhere today and worry about it after.

They haven't got the money or should i say they can't spend that amount because of FFP. They would have come back in by now. Their tactics are to use Fabrizio Romano as mouth piece to make us blink, that cunt has been all over this and his "exclusives". Wanker has even pinned a tweet at the top of his page saying Caicedo only wants to join Chelsea. Not to mention using Lavia as a pawn to try and make us disappear. The minute they found out we had approached the player they bid £48 million for Lavia. It's fucking small time bullshit from them and proper spoilt bratt behaviour.

Fuck them and don't withdraw, even if it's just to piss them off until they cook the books and find the money. People keep saying its embarrassing on us, it isnt. We are trying to hijack a deal for a player who has wanted to go there and only there for over 6 months. It was never going to be plain sailing.

Keep the bid in

• Upvote 7

The idea that the club have somehow engineered a bid as a distraction and had no intention of carrying it through is as mental as those fuckers who think the Maui wild fires were as a result of Directed Energy Weapons or thermite because some tree's are still standing.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

They haven't got the money or should i say they can't spend that amount because of FFP. They would have come back in by now. Their tactics are to use Fabrizio Romano as mouth piece to make us blink, that cunt has been all over this and his "exclusives". Wanker has even pinned a tweet at the top of his page saying Caicedo only wants to join Chelsea. Not to mention using Lavia as a pawn to try and make us disappear. The minute they found out we had approached the player they bid £48 million for Lavia. It's fucking small time bullshit from them and proper spoilt bratt behaviour.

Fuck them and don't withdraw, even if it's just to piss them off until they cook the books and find the money. People keep saying its embarrassing on us, it isnt. We are trying to hijack a deal for a player who has wanted to go there and only there for over 6 months. It was never going to be plain sailing.

Keep the bid in

I wonder how much of a kickback that charlatan is getting from Chelsea for being their PR machine the last few days.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I wonder how much of a kickback that charlatan is getting from Chelsea for being their PR machine the last few days.

Well the kick back is here's a story, tweet it as fact, millions of people will lap it up and you'll get paid by twitter and continue to grow your followers and reach..it's not really any different to what a lot of the journos around Liverpool do like Neil Jones. 

6 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

So £100m plus £15m in add ons where as we've bid a full £111m plus a 20% sell on fee. 

Ours is still the better deal. 

Our sell on fee is reportedly above the norm so likely to be more than 20% of any profit. I’ve seen the figure of 50% posited but I’d be surprised if it’s that high.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Can we not leave the offer there in effectively "bad faith"? We know there's no deal to be made, because the player doesn't want us. It surely suits Brighton our deal is on the table. So we tell them, we are working with the fact the deal is dead, but if it suits all parties we leave the bid there while we get our other deals done. And then if something happens and Chelsea can't do the deal, it presents us with a problem, but I guess a good one. 

A normal functioning club that wants to leave an offer on the table while quietly working to invest in the team with alternative targets could do this, yes.

I'm just not at all convinced we're any of those things.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

People are still talking about Moisés Caicedo?

What have you done? We were all getting over it and now you bring him up again?

• dave u changed the title to Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average