You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Maybe it's just me, but if you try to gazump a deal that's been ongoing for a long time at the last minute and it doesn't work, you have nobody to blame but yourself, and maybe you should have done something different.

Yep, things like having a transfer strategy and a plan for this specific window. Instead we stroll around, doing little, hoping someone somewhere will be available with a large discount, then get panic and out of the blue throw in a ridicilous high bid for a player we haven’t even talked to.

Anyone in any profession doing their job as bad as these incompetent clowns in charge of our transfer business, would have been sacked in disgrace.

I dont think weve been made to look stupid, we've simply just bid for a footballer but the leagues basket case is involved who also happen to be able to do whatever they like. Not much we can do. Losing Lavia is on us that's fine but the Caciedo thing we've all been accepting he was going to Chelsea all window. We tried our hand it didn't work but it's good Chelsea have had to adjust their dealings because I'm sick of that club getting everything their own way 

Miguel Delaney doesn't think it's over, and there's a chance Liverpool could pull this off.

From what I understand, Jackie Onasis thought the resuscitation techniques performed on JFK might revive him, despite half of his head being splattered on her pink frock.

15 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

So basicalky our owners have made us a laughing stock again then. Innit marvellous having owners like ours. 

People wanted us to bid for Caciedo and we have massively. We cant control what the player wants or the bizarre free reign Chelsea are given. I'm not arsed about other fans laughing, the kip of them. My only concern is doing other business. We finish this window with Just Mac Allister and Szobozlai and it's a truly incompetent window, even with Lavia it's not good enough. The club needs to get to business and do it now while all eyes are on the Caciedo deal. Make Chelsea match the bid in the process.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, razor said:

Miguel Delaney doesn't think it's over, and there's a chance Liverpool could pull this off.

Hope not. 110 million for a player that doesn't want to play for us. No thanks. Keep the bid in till the end of the window, or at least till Monday.

34 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

So basicalky our owners have made us a laughing stock again then. Innit marvellous having owners like ours. 

I'm not sure we are a laughing stock at all. We live in a world of greed and you have to out-greed others in football nowadays. I commend them for trying to run us like a normal business but they have chosen the wrong world to do it in.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, razor said:

From what I understand, Jackie Onasis thought the resuscitation techniques performed on JFK might revive him, despite half of his head being splattered on her pink frock.

Caicedo is probably waiting to see who wins on Sunday before deciding, like Bellingham did when we lost to Real Madrid last season.

The worst thing about this Caicedo thing is that Chelsea clearly aren’t putting in a matching bid any time soon. And we clearly have been made second choice by Caicedo’s agent, who isn’t talking to us. So we’ll just waste more time F5ing Ornstein’s twitter waiting to hear if Chelsea have found £111m down the back of the sofa when we could be sorting the rest of the squad out.

2 hours ago, razor said:

Ya but she wasn't Jackie Onassis at the time though. If she was, then she would have been able to travel through time and push him out of the way of the bullet. 

So there is a chance we get Caicedo. 

7 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

The worst thing about this Caicedo thing is that Chelsea clearly aren’t putting in a matching bid any time soon. And we clearly have been made second choice by Caicedo’s agent, who isn’t talking to us. So we’ll just waste more time F5ing Ornstein’s twitter waiting to hear if Chelsea have found £111m down the back of the sofa when we could be sorting the rest of the squad out.

Yeah, but surely at this point we don't really want the player? Aren't we hanging in there at this point just to fuck Chelsea? We can get on and do other business in the meantime. 

• dave u changed the title to Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average