You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you drink spirits straight or with a mixer?

Elite

How'd you drink it?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Man or Pussy....

I barely drink, let alone spirits. But I used to be a spiced rum and coke drinker, loved the stuff with plenty of ice and a good squeeze of lime; I'll still have one occasionally but don't drink enough to have the good stuff - Havana 7 - in. I do also have an amazing aged rum that we got bought as a wedding gift, it's from a small batch in the Dominican and is incredible neat, with some ice. 

I also love an old fashioned or a negroni, basically alcohol mixed with alcohol.

So, err, I think my answer to the OP is "yes".

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Used to be rum and coke then it was rum with a splash of coke now if I’m on the shorts I’ll just get it neat. I’m not in my 20s anymore. 

Although for gay value , @stringvest and me like a sambuca … your fault not mine !!!!

what do you mean gay value?  It's a chest beating hetero man of a drink.  Especially when lit. Not that I have anything against the raving poofters that drink American alcopop whiskies.  I'm inclusive as fuck, me.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stringvest said:

what do you mean gay value?  It's a chest beating hetero man of a drink.  Especially when lit. Not that I have anything against the raving poofters that drink American alcopop whiskies.  I'm inclusive as fuck, me.

To prove my credentials, I have today drunk a bottle of Dow's port with ice.

Single malt straight, blended and other spirits with a mixer, usually ginger ale. 

Spent a few days with a Canadian drinking Tia Maria and milk in Argentina years ago. The milk was more expensive than the Tia Maria. I also got into rum and milk in outback Queensland. World's best milkshake!

• Upvote 1

Good Whiskies and premium dark rums / brandies with a splash of water or single ice cube. Cheaper stuff is generally mixed with coke or ginger.

Vodka and gin with tonic. Your aperol, pimms etc in the sun are great. 

as long as your not putting coke into wine drink how you like it. 

Probably a good place to point out that Scotch is Whisky and anything non-Scottish is Whiskey.

I'm not really a Scotch drinker but Highland Park is nice & I definitely would not put a mixer in that.

26 minutes ago, Mook said:

Probably a good place to point out that Scotch is Whisky and anything non-Scottish is Whiskey.

I'm not really a Scotch drinker but Highland Park is nice & I definitely would not put a mixer in that.

Also Scotch is very different by its region. Campbeltown, Highland, Islay, Lowland and Speyside all are very different. The first three are my go too. Japanese when it's good and from a trustworthy distillery(good luck with that) is worth drinking. Irish is great. 

6 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Single malt straight, blended and other spirits with a mixer, usually ginger ale. 

Spent a few days with a Canadian drinking Tia Maria and milk in Argentina years ago. The milk was more expensive than the Tia Maria. I also got into rum and milk in outback Queensland. World's best milkshake!

Try tia Maria with Guinness.

15 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Whisky straight if it's good.

The rest I can't really be arsed with. G+T if the weather is decent.

This.

Plus cognac in winter, when I need to scheme against my enemies by the fireplace.

• Upvote 2