You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

PSG's pivot to the best young French players lasted a long time then.

Ha.  If there was one city in the world where you could literally build a side of world class players from one city, it’s Paris. 

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Unfortunately, by all reports, his £150m release clause has been removed from his contracts. 

Where did you read that? I’ve not heard that and was under the impression the next move and process of being able to move for a ‘reasonable’ price was very important to their long term plan of playing in Spain?

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Where did you read that? I’ve not heard that and was under the impression the next move and process of being able to move for a ‘reasonable’ price was very important to their long term plan of playing in Spain?

If you Google it, there are loads stories in it. 

Apparently it was linked to Guardiola’s extension. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I know united are wealthy but how do they spend these huge sums and massive wages year after year every damn year and be completely sustainable its nuts.

And they have those nasty Glazers rinsing them at every opportunity…

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I know united are wealthy but how do they spend these huge sums and massive wages year after year every damn year and be completely sustainable its nuts.

They aren't, they've burnt through much of their cash reserve and have massive debts including £300m* in unpaid transfer fee's.

It's partly what forced the glazers to search for investment.

*Correction 227m in transfer debt

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Revenue lower than ours these days too.

Maybe change next season with them at europe's top table and us not mind...but still, last year we moved ahead of them.

I suppose debt is the answer....watch them get sold for stupid money and the debt wiped out...

53 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If he wants the mancs over Madrid, he genuinely is as daft as he looks / sounds.

He wants to take the Premier League career goals record off Shearer doesn’t he. City aren’t interested, so I guess Utd are the next best thing. Don’t think he’d go to Chelsea.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If he wants the mancs over Madrid, he genuinely is as daft as he looks / sounds.

Difficult to beat Shearer's Premier League record playing for Madrid.

Edit: God damn it!

4 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

He wants to take the Premier League career goals record off Shearer doesn’t he. City aren’t interested, so I guess Utd are the next best thing. Don’t think he’d go to Chelsea.

This is it and I think on the most part thick as shit if this is going to be the summary of his career in his eyes, scored loads of PL goals but won fuck all, good job mate.

Although another part of me thinks he'd be a marquee signing for those cunts when they have brewsters millions to play with after their sale and might actually mean they are in with a shout of the league/major trophies.

8 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Spot on -- he stuck around at Spurs long enough to top Greaves, a couple 25 goal seasons at United are well within reach.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Spot on -- he stuck around at Spurs long enough to top Greaves, a couple 25 goal seasons at United are well within reach.

I hope he misses a pen in his last ever game to fall 1 goal short

• Upvote 1