You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) FA Cup 4th Rd - 29/1/23 - 13.30

an tha

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Fabinho and Klopp have had a few little on pitch arguments over the past few months and Trent had a titty lip yesterday after contributing next to fuck all this season. 

Players just stop listening in the end and when it’s going against you, they won’t be accepting any responsibility and the blame falls on the man in the hot seat. 

There has to be something we dont know as they are seemingly just going through the motions    

5 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Ha ha! You know what I mean, though? One player carefully removes the armband, then jogs over to one of the departing players, who then walks off with it as though it's an ancient and highly precious religious artifact, and then walks over to whoever on the touchline is next in the hierarchy, who then jogs onto the pitch whilst very carefully rolling up this magical garment on his arm - then he'll shout once and have a little point, then show zero leadership for the rest of the game as we continue to look like quivering wrecks! It usually comes at that stage in the match when you've endured just about all you can take of our ineptitude, and then THAT nonsense starts! Aaaagh!

Brilliantly put. It’s an embarrassment the way they deal with it. I’ve never noticed any other team do this. 

8 minutes ago, Dave D said:

There has to be something we dont know as they are seemingly just going through the motions    

They’ve won the lot and the fires gone now. They’re just not arsed anymore. Look at how they react to being dropped. Just a shrug of the shoulders and no improvement when they get their place back cos they know there’s no one better to keep them out long term.

We needed world class players last summer to give them a lift and keep them on their toes and we fucked it up big time. 

On 30/01/2023 at 10:26, dockers_strike said:

Agree with your first para, Ronnie. As for Fabinho, that 'tackle' had all the hallmarks of a player out of form, self confidence and having a total brainfart.

Im not defending him as we all know he escaped a red card there but, I think he showed in that moment that there's something wrong with many of our 'senior' players right now.

What that is, I have my suspicions and I guess only time will tell. What does seem certain to me is we arent getting better. We might give a better performance one game but the next, we're back to square one.

I read elsewhere another decent poster say we shouldnt concentrate on yesterday's result too much. But football is results based and Id rather we played badly and won rather than play great and lose.

Whichever way we look at it, Jurgen has a massive task on his hands.

I'm trying to remember an outstanding team go so poor and I'm struggling to think of one falling off a cliff like us. I mean relatively speaking I suppose our great team of the 70s had one bad season and it led to a lot of young lads coming through in 81 is the nearest I can think of, but don't remember that season being this bad. 

Even Virgil has had a poor season. It just feels like you can't rely on any of them. Ali is his usual self and has been world class, but it's just our luck that is the only position that is working consistently well, when we have an excellent backup. I will say that losing two Champions League finals and twice losing the league by one point is bound to leave a hangover. I just don't see how so many top players could be in such decline. Jurgen has some big decisions around certain players because a lot of them would still command a good fee and unless we get taken over by guys that don't mind spending their cash, we are going to be seriously fucked if he's overly loyal to players on the downward slope.

Agree about Fab's tackle. He isn't a dirty player. He just behaved like a league two player who has been given the runaround by a premier league team in a cup game and is frustrated. As I said Docker, I'm more annoyed that he did it on a really talented kid, when a collection of horrible bastards will be taking the piss out of him in the coming weeks and he'll do fuck all to them. If say Fernandes did that to young Bajcetic I'd be fuming.

I am convinced we will sign Bellingham. I think he is a no brainer even for frugal owners because he is as close to a guaranteed success you can get. I really like Bajetic so without going all Liverpool Echo, I think he could be a real option next year. It's not a good place to be, but I have a lot of confidence regardless of what is going on with the team or possible new ownership in the coming months and that is because we have the best manager in the world. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I'm trying to remember an outstanding team go so poor and I'm struggling to think of one falling off a cliff like us. I mean relatively speaking I suppose our great team of the 70s had one bad season and it led to a lot of young lads coming through in 81 is the nearest I can think of, but don't remember that season being this bad. 

Even Virgil has had a poor season. It just feels like you can't rely on any of them. Ali is his usual self and has been world class, but it's just our luck that is the only position that is working consistently well, when we have an excellent backup. I will say that losing two Champions League finals and twice losing the league by one point is bound to leave a hangover. I just don't see how so many top players could be in such decline. Jurgen has some big decisions around certain players because a lot of them would still command a good fee and unless we get taken over by guys that don't mind spending their cash, we are going to be seriously fucked if he's overly loyal to players on the downward slope.

Agree about Fab's tackle. He isn't a dirty player. He just behaved like a league two player who has been given the runaround by a premier league team in a cup game and is frustrated. As I said Docker, I'm more annoyed that he did it on a really talented kid, when a collection of horrible bastards will be taking the piss out of him in the coming weeks and he'll do fuck all to them. If say Fernandes did that to young Bajcetic I'd be fuming.

I am convinced we will sign Bellingham. I think he is a no brainer even for frugal owners because he is as close to a guaranteed success you can get. I really like Bajetic so without going all Liverpool Echo, I think he could be a real option next year. It's not a good place to be, but I have a lot of confidence regardless of what is going on with the team or possible new ownership in the coming months and that is because we have the best manager in the world. 

Sound as ever, Ronnie.

On 30/01/2023 at 10:45, Red74 said:

They’ve won the lot and the fires gone now. They’re just not arsed anymore. Look at how they react to being dropped. Just a shrug of the shoulders and no improvement when they get their place back cos they know there’s no one better to keep them out long term.

We needed world class players last summer to give them a lift and keep them on their toes and we fucked it up big time. 

We needed world class players in 2020 when champions but didnt get them. The writing has been on the wall since.

15 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Chelsea won the league with 87 points in 2015, finished 10th the year after with 50 and then won the league in 2017 with 93.

There was obviously a Mourinho implosion in the middle but he went in the first half of the season. Things can turn quickly and I have no issue with us not signing stop gaps this month that would prevent us getting what we want long term.

We need big signings this summer to lift us though and to be ruthless with those who've lost a bit of fire.