You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) FA Cup 4th Rd - 29/1/23 - 13.30

an tha

I thought the performance was mostly relatively good compared to what we have been serving up recently. Better team for a good chunk of the game and their first goal was just one of those unfortunate things that you can't really do too much about. The last 10 minutes were just a mess though and Robertson diving in for a ball he had no chance of winning to give away the freekick that led to the goal pretty much summed up how rash and chaotic it all was. It's no coincidence that it all went downhill after the final couple of substitutions. Fabinho was an absolute embarrassment when he came on. He managed to give the ball away within about 10 seconds and within a minute was lucky not to be sent off. Definitely time to cash in on him this summer if anyone is daft enough to take him. He barely even resembles a footballer these days.

I'm struggling to care. Nothing is getting fixed this season. It's the 2nd season in 3 years that's been allowed to just drift away through inaction in January when there was still the potential to rescue it with some January signings. They got away with it last time, mainly because everyone else was really shit that year. They won't get away with it this time and at the moment I'd be surprised if we finished above Brighton let alone made top 4. There will probably be a load of headlines making this out to be some sort of giant killing but the saddest part is there was nothing remotely even surprising about us losing this game today. 

The throw in coach is another one who should be out the door just on the basis of that last throw in. A chance to get it into the box from a relatively decent angle and instead we pig about it with it and end up with Milner launching an up and under from a worse angle about 20 yards further back. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

People giving Nunez and Jones both barrels on here is a real head-scratcher for me. At least both of them have age on their side, what about our finger-pointing supreme captain and Fabinho? 

Are you serious? One cost us over £65m and one is a 22 year old who you wouldnt say was pulling up any trees despite him being a local lad.

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

He’s had money to spend and he blew it on absolute shite. The excuses have to stop now

Newsflash: Klopp is not perfect.

Unfortunately with these tight fisted cunt owners any mistakes will be severely exposed.

• Upvote 3

The only positive was ‘not as shite as last time we played them’. Fabhino is done, the worst cameo seen in years. Trent needs a slap or something, appalling apart from a couple of crosses. Maybe he’ll comeback back like Rashford, but oh dear he’s a shadow of his former self. Salah couldn’t hit a barn door with the proverbial banjo. Klopp’s last 2 subs were baffling and ruined any chance of a result.  I’ll be happy just to get 40 points, I truly think we are lost and falling. God knows what’s going on. A team of multi millionaires who are no longer hungry, or just a bunch of past it players. Who knows. Astonishing decline. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

were a bag of shite this season from top to bottom Madrid must be looking forward to playing us

I wonder if we'll ever get Madrid in a 2 legged knockout tie when we're actually any good. They completely have our number in one off finals but I still think some of our teams in recent years would have destroyed them over a 2 legged tie, particularly with one in front of a bouncing Anfield. But instead the 2 times we've had them in knockouts were the covid season when we were an utter mess at the time and now this year when we look an even bigger mess. 

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We've just spent over £100m in the last couple of windows on Nunez and Gakpo, 2 players who frankly look like you wouldnt pay £50m for  the pair!

We got back around £65m from sales tho mate we've spent about £35m without sales. Those players mentioned were decent money in the market the way its gone but your right they don't look world beaters Nunez will come good I'm not sure about Gakpo.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We've just spent over £100m in the last couple of windows on Nunez and Gakpo, 2 players who frankly look like you wouldnt pay £50m for  the pair!

In the last 12 months we've committed 190 million on transfers, all in the same position (Nunez/Diaz/Carvalho/Gakpo) with Jota already at the club (though granted injured).

8 minutes ago, Red74 said:

He’s had money to spend and he blew it on absolute shite. The excuses have to stop now

Not excusing him mate, the side is shite and he picks it and he also makes the tactics we play that obviously aren't working I would never say Klopp out but at the same time he should be scrutinised just like the players are he along with most the squad is well below par this season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

There's a handful of arseholes oh here who are edging closer and closer to "klopp out". I'm watching you, you fucking blerts. 

Seen it before, serf pricks who'd rather point the finger at the manager than those who are tying one hand behind his back.

• Upvote 1

Another rubbish defence of a trophy.

The thing about this game was that it was very much 50-50 before we made our first subs, and probably edging slightly in our favour when the first lot of subs came on, but the next set of changes completely killed our momentum.

That's not on the defence, or the midfield, or the attack, but the changes made us very disjointed and for those last 5-10 minutes, it was a lot like the game a couple of weeks ago. Fucking hell, even their winning goal had more than a passing resemblance to one of their goals in that game.

From our point of view, I don't think we actually managed a decent attempt at goal in the entire game. Harvey's goal was a scuffed effort, and he had another powderpuff attempt a few minutes earlier. Cody's only attempt was a missed header when he and Mo got in each other's way after a great ball in by Trent. Mo? What can you say? That was a dreadful shot when he was clean through on goal in the first half, and he seemed to fade out of the game by the end.

We just look so ordinary now, a world away from the last 4 or 5 years.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Are you serious? One cost us over £65m and one is a 22 year old who you wouldnt say was pulling up any trees despite him being a local lad.

The former is a 22 yo coming from a different league, having a stop-start time in his fledgling Liverpool career playing in a dysfunctional team devoid of any cohesion, structure nor nous yet still has 10 goals to his name. His price tag has nothing to do with it. The latter is an attack-minded player barely getting the minutes while being shoehorned in midfield trying to fill a position which is unnatural/uncomfortable to him. Ditto Elliott. Both of them are simply not number 8s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1