You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Snooker 2

Bjornebye

Roughly how in the name of Jaysus and befuckity did that Rob Walker get the gig as BBC top announcer and interviewer?

Apart from him looking like the result of an Archeological dig where they put all the bones in the wrong order, he's an absolute tit.

"So then (insert name of beaten player) you've just lost in one of the majors, how does that make you feel?"

"Fuck off you absurd cunt, if you got the sack off this, you'd be lucky to get a gig on the graveyard shift on Garston Radio"

• Upvote 1

The problem snooker has is that there are a stack of people like me who are pleased to see a good guy like Mark come through, but won't watch another minute now Ronnie is out, and I can't see him still playing 3 years or so.

It looked like the surge in China might have been a saviour, but ooops.

2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Roughly how in the name of Jaysus and befuckity did that Rob Walker get the gig as BBC top announcer and interviewer?

Apart from him looking like the result of an Archeological dig where they put all the bones in the wrong order, he's an absolute tit.

"So then (insert name of beaten player) you've just lost in one of the majors, how does that make you feel?"

"Fuck off you absurd cunt, if you got the sack off this, you'd be lucky to get a gig on the graveyard shift on Garston Radio"

Hahaha he's sound. 

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The problem snooker has is that there are a stack of people like me who are pleased to see a good guy like Mark come through, but won't watch another minute now Ronnie is out, and I can't see him still playing 3 years or so.

It looked like the surge in China might have been a saviour, but ooops.

You're not a snooker fan then mate. 

Fair enough, I'm not an aficianado like yourself, but it needs other stuff than great shots to attract the casual fan like me ( I have watched it on and off since the Ray Reardon era )  and other than O'Sullivan they seem quite insipid characters at the moment other than the odd head-the-ball like Allen.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Fair enough, I'm not an aficianado like yourself, but it needs other stuff than great shots to attract the casual fan like me ( I have watched it on and off since the Ray Reardon era )  and other than O'Sullivan they seem quite insipid characters at the moment other than the odd head-the-ball like Allen.

Oh I agree mate. Williams is sound and quite a character. The likes of Selby and Robbo are robots. Brilliant to watch as a fan of the game but they aren't gonna do a line off the table. It does need more characters. 

• Upvote 1

So im still the owner forum member that hates o"sullivan? 

He's a massive whopper with absolutely no personality what so ever. I love seeing his whingy mug lose. 

Surprised he didn't blame his tip, or chalk, or the fact people looked at him for his lack loss. The absolute whopper! 

28 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

So im still the owner forum member that hates o"sullivan? 

He's a massive whopper with absolutely no personality what so ever. I love seeing his whingy mug lose. 

Surprised he didn't blame his tip, or chalk, or the fact people looked at him for his lack loss. The absolute whopper! 

I pay very little attention to the players when they are off the table and therefore I love Ronnie and think he is ace. I prefer my snooker based grudges to be almost entirely based on the way they look and as such hate/d Murphy, Lee, Doherty and Allen. Disappointingly, some of those players came across well when I have accidentally listened to an interview of theirs. 

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

He's just not fading away. Years ago players his age would mostly be on the seniors tour, here he is still at the business end of majors.

I was 9 when Ronnie, Higgins and Williams came into Snooker. 30 years later and they're all still at the top of the game. Unreal. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was 9 when Ronnie, Higgins and Williams came into Snooker. 30 years later and they're all still at the top of the game. Unreal. 

Incredible. They're all around my age, especially Ronnie. Mad thing is I could see the likes of Trump, Robertson, Allen etc being the same in 10 years. The longevity is amazing!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Incredible. They're all around my age, especially Ronnie. Mad thing is I could see the likes of Trump, Robertson, Allen etc being the same in 10 years. The longevity is amazing!

Yep exactly. Shame about these Chinese lads especially Zhao being under investigation. I thought he'd be top 5 within 3/4 years.