You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

A little bit of positive mental attitude wouldn't go amiss on here.  Whatever team goes out tonight has a better than 50% chance of picking up three points.  Focus, commitment and organisation.  Klopp needs to sort that, and the rest will look after itself.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

what's with this gakkers? makes him sound like david cameron's best buddie in eaton. 

I just came up with it because I thought it was funny to come up with nonsense nicknames in that lineup. Didn't realise it's actually a thing. 

Actually thought I'd gone with Harvey "the pooka" Elliot too.

• Haha 1

Klopp after game tonight:

On any updates on injuries within the squad…

No. I don’t even know if these boys can play again, to be honest. The situation is not great, absolutely not, we don’t have to make that now nicer than it is. I’m so happy that all the kids came on and played, Dannsy [Jayden Danns] said 50 times, ‘Thank you, boss!’ I’m so happy that I could give him that opportunity, the boys deserve it. But obviously for us there are now a lot of super-important games coming up, and we don’t know, we go day by day. I cannot say anything about it and I don’t know. But after Brentford I had no clue the situation would be like it was now. So, let’s see. There’s one phrase that stands: as long as we have 11, we will go for it. That’s all I can promise

12 hours ago, stringvest said:

A little bit of positive mental attitude wouldn't go amiss on here.  Whatever team goes out tonight has a better than 50% chance of picking up three points.  Focus, commitment and organisation.  Klopp needs to sort that, and the rest will look after itself.

Not a bed wetter. 

Liverpool assistant manager Pep Lijnders has revealed that the trio of Mohamed Salah, Darwin Nunez and Dominik Szoboszlai are facing late fitness tests ahead of the Carabao Cup final.

Jurgen Klopp's side has been ravaged by injuries in recent weeks, with all three players missing Wednesday's vital 4-1 win at home to Luton in the Premier League. Stars such as Alisson Becker, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Curtis Jones are also sidelined and won't play against Chelsea on Sunday, Lijnders has confirmed.

Speaking at Liverpool's pre-match press conference, the Dutch coach said: "Dom, Darwin and Mo, we will see. We have two more sessions, two days. We will check if they can be there."

Liverpool will continue to monitor the fitness of Darwin Nunez, Mohamed Salah and Dominik Szoboszlai ahead of the Carabao Cup final, assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders has confirmed.

Nunez and Salah were both absent for the victory over Luton Town in midweek, while Szoboszlai is yet to feature this month due to a hamstring injury.

Meanwhile, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alisson Becker, Curtis Jones and Diogo Jota have been ruled out of the Wembley showdown with Chelsea.

Lijnders told Liverpoolfc.com on Friday: "We come in a crazy schedule again, so we play every three days. It's important for us to use each minute, use each day to really look how the players are. This is for Mo, Dom and Darwin.

"Two training sessions to go, let's see how they are and then we can make a decision in the last minute.

"And all the others, we know it's longer. Ali has a muscle injury. Trent, LCL. Jota, medial ligament, MCL. Curtis [has] a high ankle sprain. They will be longer out.

"Curtis is probably the first one [to come back] around the international break. All the others will be after the international break."

Asked if there were any knocks picked up against Luton, Lijnders replied: "So far I know not.

"All the boys had a day off yesterday but for us a day off means that they come in and they have treatment and, of course, we have to prepare the final.

"But for the boys it's proper recovery, so they all feel the necessity to use [it] in these moments where you play every three days and where certain boys have to play more because of the injuries.

"So, they are treating their body well, they are trying everything to be fresh, to be fit. But you know with our style, how we play, it's important. You have to respect the recovery as much as you respect the performance."

46 minutes ago, SasaS said:

So a "little lateral tear in an hyper-extended knee" goes from a couple of weeks to two and a half months for Trent.

it is a fucker though - I did it myself three years ago and it took about a year to sort out properly

46 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

Alisson out for the City game is sub-optimal.

A big test for Kelleher in the coming weeks will be how he reacts if he gifts the opposition a goal, as Alisson occasionally does (and then gets back to being brilliant). It’s all about mentality in that position.

Still, he’s a fantastic second choice goalkeeper to have.

It also must be said that Alisson is ridiculously injury-probe for the position. It’s not like he has to sprint 60 yards every few minutes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It also must be said that Alisson is ridiculously injury-probe for the position. It’s not like he has to sprint 60 yards every few minutes.

He'd not had any injuries in the last two seasons but this is now the third time he's got injured this season.

It is starting to become a bit of a problem.