You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

On 06/02/2024 at 13:21, Tenfolder said:

Give him another couple of training sessions and im sure he'll deliver.

Hopefully a much shorter layoff for Szmith than was claimed though.

I hate that I was right but you cant do anything but laugh.

On 07/02/2024 at 11:51, TheHowieLama said:

Pace?

You're kidding right.

The couple things Dom has brought in spades - which is exactly what we were missing ( and are integral to any top midfielder) - has not been mentioned in your list.

Yes, pace.

Trent is quite quick as evidenced on recovery runs or counter attacks. Not sure how you've missed that after watching this team for more than 5 years. Let me jog your memory with a clear recent example. When Salah broke for the 5 v 2 counter attack vs Arsenal at Anfield, who bust a gut to get up alongside him before unfortunately hitting the crossbar?

And I'm sorry if I expect my attacking midfielder to have attacking attributes which can help us win games more often than not. Thankfully he also isn't injury prone like certain "top midfielders" we have in the squad. 

11 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Yes, pace.

Trent is quite quick as evidenced on recovery runs or counter attacks. Not sure how you've missed that after watching this team for more than 5 years. Let me jog your memory with a clear recent example. When Salah broke for the 5 v 2 counter attack vs Arsenal at Anfield, who bust a gut to get up alongside him before unfortunately hitting the crossbar?

And I'm sorry if I expect my attacking midfielder to have attacking attributes which can help us win games more often than not. Thankfully he also isn't injury prone like certain "top midfielders" we have in the squad. 

He'll run like that if there's a chance for him to score. Not certain he'd run like that if it was to chase an attacker he was supposed to be marking.

• Upvote 1

Mate - he is done for pace regularly. He is neither pacier, nor quicker, or stronger than Dom.

Forget about workrate, tenacity, tight control. Midfieldy stuff.

The "attacking" mid in question has scored twice in 30 games this year.

Said before I hope he becomes a top midfielder - by any estimation that has not yet happened and is based mostly on hope rather than evidence.

He is in a great place if he wants to prove he can play midfield - we need another good one and he will get plenty of support even if he is trash for awhile.

Don't fancy him trying to do the same at another club tbh.

23 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Think this season is my last, like Thiago. This Club is totally bonkers and i dont want to suffer a heart attack through seething rage at how we are run.

At this stage im convinced they get the lads to run through a tunnel of kicks or a game of whip up in training.

Agreed, it was definitely bonkers to sign an already injury prone 29 year old on 200k p/w or whatever it is in hindsight.

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Think this season is my last, like Thiago. This Club is totally bonkers and i dont want to suffer a heart attack through seething rage at how we are run.

At this stage im convinced they get the lads to run through a tunnel of kicks or a game of whip up in training.

We’re top of the league and still alive in three cup competitions. I’d keep the seething rage for next season.

FSG would be brilliant owners in a sport where rules were enforced. The only alternative now is being a state’s PR exercise. 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Echo are reporting as expected thiago and Dom missed training, but Salah missed (I didn't know he was due back) as did Gomez. 

On the plus side Kostas is back in full training. 

Gomez is well overdue a period out.

He has been superb in covering different roles this season and i'd be gutted for hin if he had broken down again.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

Gomez is well overdue a period out.

He has been superb in covering different roles this season and i'd be gutted for hin if he had broken down again.

Yeah he has.

If he is injured now he's even timed that well as we should have all fullbacks available very soon.

37 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We’re top of the league and still alive in three cup competitions. I’d keep the seething rage for next season.

FSG would be brilliant owners in a sport where rules were enforced. The only alternative now is being a state’s PR exercise. 

Beef just longs for a time when 90% of English clubs were run by alcoholics and there was no foreign investment in football.

• Haha 1