You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

Truss has been Prime Minister a mere thirty five days, ten of those days were mainly spent with her in silence with a black veil covering her face mourning the loss of the Queen. They were easily her most successful (or least damaging) days as Prime Minister.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Look at the chunky-cheese faced motherfucker actually posing for a snap with the head of the IMF. The fucking IMF that's been calling him a bellwhiff for the last 10 days.

Screenshot_20221013-091739_Chrome.jpg

On their salaries you'd expect them to not look like they've been dressed by their mums.

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The Chair of the FT Editorial Board (US), on being asked to comment on Rees-Mogg's denial that the mini-budget fucked the economy (a) rolls her eyes at the mention of his name and (b) says he's talking bollocks.

In the very likely event that Truss can't turn things around, I can see the parliamentary party burying their differences for now, agreeing to change the leadership rules then allowing either Johnson or Sunak (or perhaps a compromise candidate - Mourdant?) to run unopposed, announce some superficially popular measures, then call an election, probably by next Spring at the latest. They'll figure they'll still lose, but not nearly as heavily as it's looking now. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

In the very likely event that Truss can't turn things around, I can see the parliamentary party burying their differences for now, agreeing to change the leadership rules then allowing either Johnson or Sunak (or perhaps a compromise candidate - Mourdant?) to run unopposed, announce some superficially popular measures, then call an election, probably before Christmas. They'll figure they'll still lose, but not nearly as heavily as it's looking now. 

Yeah I'd say that's the most likely outcome,  or possibly just put Sunak straight in as the runner up. Reckon it'll be May for the election,  for a number of reasons.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah I'd say that's the most likely outcome,  or possibly just put Sunak straight in as the runner up. Reckon it'll be May for the election,  for a number of reasons.

Looks feasible, but I doubt Johnson will want to be associated with this shitshow. He's more likely to come riding back to the 'rescue' a couple of years into a Labour government once the media has done its bit of blaming them for not fixing all the Tory shite within a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

In the very likely event that Truss can't turn things around, I can see the parliamentary party burying their differences for now, agreeing to change the leadership rules then allowing either Johnson or Sunak (or perhaps a compromise candidate - Mourdant?) to run unopposed, announce some superficially popular measures, then call an election, probably by next Spring at the latest. They'll figure they'll still lose, but not nearly as heavily as it's looking now. 

I've put a link above which suggests some are considering a coronation of Sunak/Mourdant.

Edit; here you go,

Nicholas Watt
@nicholaswatt
A former cabinet minister tells me: “Brace for the mother of all U-Turns on the mini budget today. A friendly person in the know is advising us to steer clear of the media today to avoid the explosion. We wouldn’t want to look silly by tomorrow.” #waitandsee
12:16 pm · 13 Oct 2022
·Twitter for iPhone

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Nicholas Watt
@nicholaswatt
A former cabinet minister tells me: “Brace for the mother of all U-Turns on the mini budget today. A friendly person in the know is advising us to steer clear of the media today to avoid the explosion. We wouldn’t want to look silly by tomorrow.” #waitandsee
12:16 pm · 13 Oct 2022
·Twitter for iPhone

But what about growth? I thought there was no alternative.

Pound has jumped two points against the euro in the space of a couple of hours. No doubt partly bank of England having to reverse stopping bond buying, but perhaps some people already know the lobotomised trollope is either getting fucked off or she's going to have to reverse all her shit budget plans.

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Pound has jumped two points against the euro in the space of a couple of hours. No doubt partly bank of England having to reverse stopping bond buying, but perhaps some people already know the lobotomised trollope is either getting fucked off or she's going to have to reverse all her shit budget plans.

Think it's that the more ridiculous of her policies look likely to be scrapped. She's going to cling on like Johnson, isn't she?