You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Mon 22nd Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, derykw said:

I'm here at work in Salford having to listen to jubilant mancs reliving a game that all thought they were gonna get smashed in.

This shit that we're  serving up this season is just unacceptable. Everyone at LFC needs to pull their  collective fingers out their arses and sort this shit out.

FSG give the manager what he desperately needs, wants and deserves you fucking tight arsed cunts!

It's funny as fuck how quickly they get back onboard with it all though, no moaning about the Glazers for a week or two. As I say, they're anti-fans. Professor Brian Cox could do a show about how the mass of football fans in the world doesn't correlate to the energy of football fans, which has led some physicists to conclude there's something called anti-football fans, who look like they exist but actually don't. 

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

And it's hard to see how it gets better

I agree. But with the derby coming up soon it sure as hell needs to get better. One thing that doesn't require any complicated tactical rethink: they have to damn well work harder. Fulham, Palace and the mancs aren't better than us, their players aren't better than ours, but because they played with far more intensity right from the first whistle they deffo looked better. So that's a very simple step forward that isn't remotely difficult if these players really are true professionals. At the very least there needs far more energy, pace and fight.

And we need a more solid, disciplined shape. This situation is not the one for Trent to go wandering off in some private world of his own. We need him going up and down the line. Same for Robbo - it surely can't be his hand problem that's making him ineffective at both ends of the pitch, but we need an LB who really provides positivity and urgency. If that needs Kostas to come in, fine.

And then there's the need to get the passing simpler and quicker. Play it in front of players, not at their ankles. Even when we try to build an attack it's agony to watch because pass after pass forces the players to turn back to receive it - pass it forward!

I don't expect any rapid improvement but we're entitled to expect more fight.

I’m starting to think that charity shield win went to a lot of heads in the squad and we’ve expected to just turn up to every game since and get an easy 3 points.

Hopefully that shit show last night knocks the arrogance right out of the players to the manager. 

1 hour ago, derykw said:

I'm here at work in Salford having to listen to jubilant mancs reliving a game that all thought they were gonna get smashed in.

This shit that we're  serving up this season is just unacceptable. Everyone at LFC needs to pull their  collective fingers out their arses and sort this shit out.

FSG give the manager what he desperately needs, wants and deserves you fucking tight arsed cunts!

I'm in Salford as well. Wondering if we are listening to the same people 

6 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I’m starting to think that charity shield win went to a lot of heads in the squad and we’ve expected to just turn up to every game since and get an easy 3 points.

Hopefully that shit show last night knocks the arrogance right out of the players to the manager. 

I suspect it’s more than City treated it as the pre-season frippery that it is, while we went all out.

2 hours ago, waddy78 said:

've also decided to be a cunt for the next 4 hours in work next one who mention Utd this or that is on Furnace cleaning duty in this heat one of the few perks of being in charge.

I think this is an abuse of power we can all get behind. 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

It's funny as fuck how quickly they get back onboard with it all though, no moaning about the Glazers for a week or two. As I say, they're anti-fans. Professor Brian Cox could do a show about how the mass of football fans in the world doesn't correlate to the energy of football fans, which has led some physicists to conclude there's something called anti-football fans, who look like they exist but actually don't. 

Rob Harris who now works for Sky News said this about their protest:

The tables were turned at Old Trafford.

Not just with Manchester United eclipsing Liverpool on the pitch to claim a first win of the season.

The United players were, for once, organised and coherent - unlike their fans.

Protests against the owners were vocal and vast outside the stadium before kick-off. But the "Glazers Out" chants were largely drowned out in a cacophony of bile and slurs in the 15-minute march from a pub, via Sir Matt Busby Way, to the stadium concourse.

The activism through the streets might have been planned for days - while reflecting 17 years of anger against the Glazers - but it lacked lucid arguments against the American ownership.

Instead hundreds of fans celebrated the death of family patriarch Malcolm Glazer eight years ago. Not just with the odd chant but every few minutes.

Interspersed were songs imagining and urging the death of one his sons, Joel, who is co-chairman of United.

The hatred wasn't just reserved for the owners to pressure them to sell up over the debt and underinvestment, as fans see it, in the squad and stadium.

The protest was hijacked by anti-Liverpool slurs, with several chants besmirching their fans over the Hillsborough disaster and the 97 deaths.

This was a snapshot of a predominately young, alcohol-fuelled male crowd - vastly outnumbered by the fans inside Old Trafford.

Those able to see the action witnessed the reversal of fortunes for the teams.

Liverpool outscored United 9-0 across their two games last season under two different managers.

Now the third United manager in a year - and the fifth permanent one since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013 - can celebrate a victory that eases the early pressure.

It's still only three points from a possible nine for Erik Ten Hag at the start of his Premier League career. But it leaves last season's runners-up in a worse state - with only two points for 2020 champions Liverpool.

A night of rage by Red Devils fans ended in joy at last. But many fans had a clear message after the 2-1 win as they drifted out of Old Trafford. They were celebrating with the players and certainly not the owners.

The protests against the Glazers will persist. But they lack the focus the players finally demonstrated to avoid a third successive defeat.

3 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I shut down all the news after the game and for the whole of today morning, including this site. 

Didn't help though. Still angry as fuck. Brighton were comfortable against them, Brentford cut them to pieces, we then go and do that?

Cunts.

Brighton and Brentford surrendered 63% and 67% possession against United and exploited the space. We had 70% last night and got done the same way they did. Maybe a more pragmatic approach to certain away games would suit us better. Would certainly help in trying not to concede first in every fucking game

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Rob Harris who now works for Sky News said this about their protest:

The tables were turned at Old Trafford.

Not just with Manchester United eclipsing Liverpool on the pitch to claim a first win of the season.

The United players were, for once, organised and coherent - unlike their fans.

Protests against the owners were vocal and vast outside the stadium before kick-off. But the "Glazers Out" chants were largely drowned out in a cacophony of bile and slurs in the 15-minute march from a pub, via Sir Matt Busby Way, to the stadium concourse.

The activism through the streets might have been planned for days - while reflecting 17 years of anger against the Glazers - but it lacked lucid arguments against the American ownership.

Instead hundreds of fans celebrated the death of family patriarch Malcolm Glazer eight years ago. Not just with the odd chant but every few minutes.

Interspersed were songs imagining and urging the death of one his sons, Joel, who is co-chairman of United.

The hatred wasn't just reserved for the owners to pressure them to sell up over the debt and underinvestment, as fans see it, in the squad and stadium.

The protest was hijacked by anti-Liverpool slurs, with several chants besmirching their fans over the Hillsborough disaster and the 97 deaths.

This was a snapshot of a predominately young, alcohol-fuelled male crowd - vastly outnumbered by the fans inside Old Trafford.

Those able to see the action witnessed the reversal of fortunes for the teams.

Liverpool outscored United 9-0 across their two games last season under two different managers.

Now the third United manager in a year - and the fifth permanent one since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013 - can celebrate a victory that eases the early pressure.

It's still only three points from a possible nine for Erik Ten Hag at the start of his Premier League career. But it leaves last season's runners-up in a worse state - with only two points for 2020 champions Liverpool.

A night of rage by Red Devils fans ended in joy at last. But many fans had a clear message after the 2-1 win as they drifted out of Old Trafford. They were celebrating with the players and certainly not the owners.

The protests against the Glazers will persist. But they lack the focus the players finally demonstrated to avoid a third successive defeat.

Cunt replies

Amid the anger over our performance, the chants of the united fans during the game have been almost totally ignored. The constant chant of 'Murderers' could be heard throughout the game, supplemented by 'YSB,' 'Sign on' and their version of 'Won it 3 times.'

I mean if our players lacked enthusiasm for the game, those fucking chants should have been like a red reg to a bull but no.

I'm still well pissed off, a few random thoughts.

VVD - Yes you are cool and can do lovely cross field passes but remember, you are a fucking defender first and foremost. I loved seeing Milner rip in to him

Firmino - Pretty much finished as a Liverpool player

Elliott - Will never be a Liverpool player

Jurgen, sell Keita and Ox now or give them away and go to FSG and demand the money for a midfielder. We were missing key players in the spine of the team Matip/Konate, Thiago and half fit Fabinho and centre forward Nunez or Jota. Sort the midfield, get players back fit, a few bollockings and we will be back on track.

Take my word for it, March 2023 and we will wreak a terrible revenge

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Amid the anger over our performance, the chants of the united fans during the game have been almost totally ignored. The constant chant of 'Murderers' could be heard throughout the game, supplemented by 'YSB,' 'Sign on' and their version of 'Won it 3 times.'

I mean if our players lacked enthusiasm for the game, those fucking chants should have been like a red reg to a bull but no.

You could hear a huge number singing their “The S*n was right” ditty just after kickoff. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

You could hear them singing “The Sun was right, you’re murderers,” throughout the game. Naturally, Sky ignored it.  More particularly, good little Sky Doggy, Carragher, ignored it.

But they don’t sing about Hillsborough, honest.

• Upvote 3

It's wrong to blame our forwards for our lack of goals, they get fuck all in the way of support or creation from our midfielders.

It's wrong to blame our defenders for our poor defensive performances because they get fuck all in the way of a defensive shield from our midfielders.

What the fuck does this midfield actually do? Saunter about a bit?

3 out and 3 in.

54 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You could hear them singing “The Sun was right, you’re murderers,” throughout the game. Naturally, Sky ignored it.  More particularly, good little Sky Doggy, Carragher, ignored it.

There's no point in them getting Martin Tyler to apologise about his comments when they routinely turn a blind eye to stuff like this from the fans. It simply isn't acceptable for anyone to tolerate this crap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Funny the way the Munich chants at every game never get heard on telly or no one ever catches them on film.

I don't deny that they've never been sung but I haven't heard them for a long time.