You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Mon 22nd Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

The problem here is that we know the league has gone but whenever we get everybody fit,maybe never,we will twat most teams and score goals for fun but it will likely be all too late. VVD has had three different CH partners in three games so far and boy it shows,but with a regular partner we'd probably be solid again.

25 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Funny the way the Munich chants at every game never get heard on telly or no one ever catches them on film.

I don't deny that they've never been sung but I haven't heard them for a long time. 

Bet they call us dippers, just look at the fucking state of them

30 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Funny the way the Munich chants at every game never get heard on telly or no one ever catches them on film.

I don't deny that they've never been sung but I haven't heard them for a long time. 

Cunt needs glassing 

Remember going there one year and we were right on the divide and this scruffy cunt got a copy of the rag out.

You could just tell he was the type of fella where even his kids hate him

I said to ny mate at the 4-0 last season that there were too many people who weren't really giving it to those rats whilst we were dicking them.

Too many people just sitting back as if it was us doing Bournemouth at home, like it was just all we expected and like they were not who and what they are.

No matter how good we are or how shite they are we should NEVER forget what they are, how they have behaved towards us and we should always take every opportunity to gleefully rub their fucking noses in it when they come along.

• Upvote 2

He really struggled last night, but James Milner didn’t hide for a second. He should be an inspiration to young players. He was right not to take any shit from Virgil either, who wasn’t any more effective for the Sancho goal. Ridiculous that we’re relying on him to play every game at the moment. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

He really struggled last night, but James Milner didn’t hide for a second. He should be an inspiration to young players. He was right not to take any shit from Virgil either, who wasn’t any more effective for the Sancho goal. Ridiculous that we’re relying on him to play every game at the moment. 

We all love Milner but he should have never got a new contract. 

Him along with Ox, Keita, Bobby, Adrian, Nat all eating up a sizeable chunk of wages. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The problem here is that we know the league has gone but whenever we get everybody fit,maybe never,we will twat most teams and score goals for fun but it will likely be all too late. VVD has had three different CH partners in three games so far and boy it shows,but with a regular partner we'd probably be solid again.

We'll do our traditional run of outstanding for to almost catch up to them, and in May we'll all be reminiscing about our shite start fucking us over. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Him along with Ox, Keita, Bobby, Adrian, Nat all eating up a sizeable chunk of wages. 

He should have just been added to the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Bet they call us dippers, just look at the fucking state of them

Was in Manchester today. Loads of them are bad scruffs. Even the biggest fattest cunts buy Man utd shirts with players names on the back. Middle aged men as well walking round with their miserable wives and screaming kids.

Glad to see they are sticking it to the Glazers by buying shirts and paying more money to have the names printed. 

15 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Really don't understand hanging onto Adrian or Nat Phillips. Adrian is awful and completely unreliable. He is Championship level. 

The club keep thinking that someone is going to come in with a £15m bid for Phillips based on a few games near the end of the Covid season and a Cruyff turn against AC Milan. Should have just hot rid ages ago and now he'll be wasting yet another year out of his career playing in League Cup games against lower league opposition and never getting a sniff of the first team once Konate and Matip are back.

4 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Really don't understand hanging onto Adrian or Nat Phillips. Adrian is awful and completely unreliable. He is Championship level. 

The club keep thinking that someone is going to come in with a £15m bid for Phillips based on a few games near the end of the Covid season and a Cruyff turn against AC Milan. Should have just hot rid ages ago and now he'll be wasting yet another year out of his career playing in League Cup games against lower league opposition and never getting a sniff of the first team once Konate and Matip are back.

It also goes back to the loyalty thing from Klopp I think. Otherwise there is just no reason for retaining Adrian and Nat. £3m per year for Adrian to dance in the dressing room after rest of the players work hard and win a trophy? Really????

1 minute ago, Carra_is_legend said:

It also goes back to the loyalty thing from Klopp I think. Otherwise there is just no reason for retaining Adrian and Nat. £3m per year for Adrian to dance in the dressing room after rest of the players work hard and win a trophy? Really????

Yep. And then send Pitaluga on loan to Macclesfield. I know he's young but he'd still be better and cheaper than Adrian. 

41 minutes ago, Moo said:

Do people think we should just release all our "unwanted" players, or under the illusion that someone would pay money for them?

Seems that people just want them off the payroll. Seems to me, management of football players is no easy job, and in terms of long term fitness when a player is brought in, it’s a roll of a fucking dice.

1 day on and I still can't believe how insipid & utterly inept we were. I'm still not quite sure whether its a case of a build up of a lit of little things going wrong at the same time or whether we have a fundamental problem with the team/squad.  Are we still suffering a hangover from last season, so near yet so far away from immortality. With the new season being so weird with a world cup interruption, have we over thought & ultimately got pre-season alll wrong.  We are yards off the pace both physically & mentally.   Its not just the players. Klopp has quite narky in interviews & match conferences too.  The next few weeks are really going to test his man mangement skills & all the coaches to find solutions for what is a ridiculously poor start to the season.

47 minutes ago, Moo said:

Do people think we should just release all our "unwanted" players, or under the illusion that someone would pay money for them?

Illusion to some extent I agree but some of it is our own making. New contract for Milner, new contract for Adrian last summer. Ox could have been sold last summer. Same goes for Keita. 

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Fucking scrote making that gesture. 

Stewards to protect him obviously. Mancs are the type of people to take the piss out of a bird in a pub, then when her fella has a go makes out that they were only joking, and it is actually her fella that is being out of order and can't take a joke. 

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Fucking scrote making that gesture. 

Can only do it when he knew no one could get to him, if that was face to face he would crawl up his own arse. I remember in 96 at Wembley I was 18 got off the train at Wembley way and was walking up my 2 uncles were a bit behind me (I was looking foe a ticket they had theirs) anyway 3 lads say mid late 20's started giving me and some other kid about my age some shit Murderers  the usual shite anyway my uncle dangled one of them over the footbridge by his arm and leg his mates shit themselves he was literally crying and saying he was sorry full on tears and everything (uncle was at Hillsborough no time for all that chantting shit).

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Can only do it when he knew no one could get to him, if that was face to face he would crawl up his own arse. I remember in 96 at Wembley I was 18 got off the train at Wembley way and was walking up my 2 uncles were a bit behind me (I was looking foe a ticket they had theirs) anyway 3 lads say mid late 20's started giving me and some other kid about my age some shit Murderers  the usual shite anyway my uncle dangled one of them over the footbridge by his arm and leg his mates shit themselves he was literally crying and saying he was sorry full on tears and everything (uncle was at Hillsborough no time for all that chantting shit).

Love it when they get their arse handed to them.

My uncle was outside Anfield in the 70s and a west ham fan with a few of his mates just came up and punched him. My uncle was an amateur boxer though and he knocked shit out of him, the lad ended up crying on the floor with all his mates laughing. Vintage.

2 hours ago, George Costanza said:

Its not just the players. Klopp has quite narky in interviews & match conferences too.  The next few weeks are really going to test his man mangement skills & all the coaches to find solutions for what is a ridiculously poor start to the season.

I mentioned in the diary a couple of weeks ago I didn't like how tetchy he got when the girl from the BBC asked him about us conceding first all the time. It was a bit uncomfortable seeing how he reacted to what was a perfectly legitimate question that has since proved to be even more legitimate given that we then conceded first in the two games that followed the question.

My fear is that he doesn't know what the problem is, and until they identify that they can't fix it.

28 minutes ago, dave u said:

I mentioned in the diary a couple of weeks ago I didn't like how tetchy he got when the girl from the BBC asked him about us conceding first all the time. It was a bit uncomfortable seeing how he reacted to what was a perfectly legitimate question that has since proved to be even more legitimate given that we then conceded first in the two games that followed the question.

My fear is that he doesn't know what the problem is, and until they identify that they can't fix it.

Its actually a continuation of last season with Klopp.  Then I put it down to stupid questions (of which there were many) and pressure of the quadruple.  It has continued this season though & while so of his angst is justified, sometimes I thnk his reaction has been over the top.  Ive not really followed it but the reaction to the ex Villa striker and talksport.  IMO its just unnessecassry noise we could do without.

As for not knowing the problem.  I could tell them and it lies in midfield.  There's less pressure/press on the opponents meaningly we are more vulnerable at the back (particularly Trent) and there's little support for the attack meaning Salah/Diaz are isolated & we become reliant on individual brilliance. 

52 minutes ago, dave u said:

Part of the problem from where I’m sitting, is that we’re starting with a deliberate attempt to control the game by slowing down from the get go, as opposed to going full throttle into the opponents third, but our passing is wayward and as soon as the enemy get possession, they do the exact opposite and we panic. It’s like the team’s Psyche is not up for 90 minutes of heavy metal anymore. Granted, Thiago and Fab are very good controllers of midfield, but with Thiago out, and Keita not trusted and/or refusing to play (although my understanding is he is capable) we have no senior backups who can do that roll.

We literally thought we could stroll around Craven Cottage for 3 easy points, at a snails pace and got a massive surprise when Fulham found a bit of urgency. Palace game was a similar attitude. Nothing changed at Old Trafford.

6 hours ago, George Costanza said:

Its actually a continuation of last season with Klopp.  Then I put it down to stupid questions (of which there were many) and pressure of the quadruple.  It has continued this season though & while so of his angst is justified, sometimes I thnk his reaction has been over the top.  Ive not really followed it but the reaction to the ex Villa striker and talksport.  IMO its just unnessecassry noise we could do without.

As for not knowing the problem.  I could tell them and it lies in midfield.  There's less pressure/press on the opponents meaningly we are more vulnerable at the back (particularly Trent) and there's little support for the attack meaning Salah/Diaz are isolated & we become reliant on individual brilliance. 

I think he may feel,for the first time here,that the problem can only be fixed externally,eg wheeling and dealing in the transfer market but is unable to at present? He's also coming up to spending more time as manager of LFC than any of his other clubs. He has a right to feel undervalued by his bosses too.