You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) - Sun 24th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Lario said:

I'm not sure Trent actually touched him in that challenge. Cunt just jumped over him and hit the ground...again!

He did, but it wasn't really clear whether Gordon dragged his foot to clip Trent's leg, or whether Trent went through him. I think they only showed one replay.

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Football's attitude to head injuries is massively outdated and bordering on dangerous, and the belated introduction of concussion subs and HIAs etc. will hopefully go some way towards changing attitudes at clubs. So to see a fucking scrote like Richarlison claiming a fucking head injury from a regulation clearing header just to get the game stopped and shithouse towards half time makes me absolutely rage - this is beyond gamesmanship, shit like this just leads to the sport clinging onto the attitudes of the past rather than embracing the idea that some injuries are potentially dangerous and even fatal. When someone goes down with a genuine injury to the head there's likely to be a sense of "oh he's fine and just trying to waste time" and that's just detrimental.

He should be tarred and fucking feathered by the media; it's genuinely one of the lowest things I think you can do in the sport. And yet I find myself reading takes like this the next day:

I could've sworn Richarlison mouthed something like "concussion" when one of his teammates came over to check on him.

But how he didn't have to be subbed after collapsing from a head injury is completely disregarding head injuries.

Just now, Mudface said:

He did, but it wasn't really clear whether Gordon dragged his foot to clip Trent's leg, or whether Trent went through him. I think they only showed one replay.

His toe clipped Trents thigh and he went down like he'd been shot. He'd already decided he was going down as Trent slid in. 

6 minutes ago, Lario said:

I could've sworn Richarlison mouthed something like "concussion" when one of his teammates came over to check on him.

But how he didn't have to be subbed after collapsing from a head injury is completely disregarding head injuries.

The other thing about him is his imaginary card gesture, which he does about fifty times a match. I know refs pretend they don't notice it, but, really, when someone does it as often as he does, it's got to be a booking. That might actually stop him, and most fans would support it. It's typical of the FA - a rule is brought in to combat a growing trend like that, and after a few months they just ignore it because, presumably, the refs don't fancy it. But I don't know anyone who likes seeing it, and it needs closing down.

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Another sign of what a dinosaur Martin Tyler is: did you hear his mini rant about the five subs change? Moaning that 'of course Klopp and Guardiola are in favour of it because of the quality of their bench'. Aside from the fact that this isn't why Klopp's argued for it for ages, it's not Tyler's role to editorialise on such issues during games. The sooner he's binned the better.

He also insisted after about ten replays of Gordon's carded dive that "I've seen them given."

I believe he used the expression "If you know your history" at some point, too. 

The guy's a troll. 

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

I see operation get a pen awarded v liverpool is in full swing in media...watch someone get a soft and really costly one v us very soon....

Yep -Thats the big worry now after Everton putting an official complaint in today as well.

We're going to get stung by a bad call against us and the line of these things even themselves out over a course of a season will be used when we get screwed.

38 minutes ago, Lario said:

I'm not sure Trent actually touched him in that challenge. Cunt just jumped over him and hit the ground...again!

The stupid thing is hes a decent footballer,if he stayed on his feet he would cause opponents far more damage, refs seem to have his number now thankfully,and don't get me started on that twat richarlison.

7 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

The stupid thing is hes a decent footballer,if he stayed on his feet he would cause opponents far more damage, refs seem to have his number now thankfully,and don't get me started on that twat richarlison.

Agreed about him being decent. Though, seeing his shot on the one occasion he stayed on his feet - as there was no one within six feet of him - might explain why he goes down so easily. Some players are better at getting into good positions than doing anything with them. Adama Traore Syndrome.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's almost like we are really good and teams don't get in our box as much.

Indeed. For people calling bias, how do they square that with the fact that we find ourselves penalised outside the box for a disproportionate number of fouls given our dominance of possession in almost every game?

21 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Yep -Thats the big worry now after Everton putting an official complaint in today as well.

We're going to get stung by a bad call against us and the line of these things even themselves out over a course of a season will be used when we get screwed.

Should chop someone down in ridiculously blatant fashion next time we found ourselves several goals up with a couple of minutes left, just to kill the narrative (although it will probably be replaced by people squealing that it wouldn’t have been given if the game weren’t over).

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

I see operation get a pen awarded v liverpool is in full swing in media...watch someone get a soft and really costly one v us very soon....

IMG-20220425-WA0001.jpg

Teams have got to get the ball near our box even think about getting a penalty, first. 

• Like 1

Always remember when the Mancs were winning everything and people complained about them getting penalties every game and it wash pointed out that they attack so much they are bound to get penalties. We defend really well and stop teams getting into the box so we aren’t going to concede too many penalties.    

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I know. We've had a season-long moral panic about our high line and then people are baffled why we don't give away penalties. It's fucking obvious. We defend as far away from our box as possible, so we're actively avoiding making any kind of intervention in the box.

The thing is I'm happy enough to call the Matip one a "seen them given" but it absolutely wasn't a stone-waller. Look at the reaction in the media - some say it was, some say it wasn't, there's no 100% consensus. So writing to the FA will have one outcome: they can say "you think it was a penalty, the referee thought different" and that's accurate.

Well, two outcomes. It'll play up to their rabid, conspiracy-pushing hordes. Which as we all know is the objective of all things Everton. Fuck off to the fucking Championship and the (deserved) financial oblivion that awaits you, you fucking cunts.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, an tha said:

IMG-20220425-WA0001.jpg

Wow. That's almost as though we're consistently at the top of the fairplay league! Oh, hang on...

40 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Plus, when they do, we rarely challenge and just let Alisson save it.

See in the first half when Dacoure ran through? Matip didn't even stick out a leg to try block it. It was like "The beautiful bearded bastard save that if it's on target".

Over that same number of games, I'd love to see the stats on our touches in opponents box vs the opposition.

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

Official complaint - bitter twats.

Nowhere near the kind of call to warrant that.

Get these turds flushed this season and i hope they never ever return.