You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) - Sat 2nd Apr 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

21 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Typical Saturday-lunchtime-after-the-international-break performance, really. The result is the only thing that matters, and it was 2-0 to Liverpool.

Tell you what, though, that was anything but typical from the crowd. I've been to European nights with a worse atmosphere; for an early kick-off against no-mark opposition, that atmosphere was extraordinary. Just need to keep it up for two more months.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Good result, very average performance.  Thiago, Jota, Gomez and Alisson the pick of the bunch.  Firmino turning the clock with his best performance for a very long time, then unfortunately turned the clock forward again and was back to the form of the last few years in the last 15 mins.  

Robertson, Salah, Henderson and Jones poor to below average.  Fab came on and immediately improved us.  We desperately need more quality from the left.  

Watford were well organised, and put in a better performance than their position would suggest.  

Thiago was excellent, I thought. And everything in the world is better when Fabinho is on the pitch.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rushies tash said:

As much as we'd all like to see City drop points, today won't be the day. They usually twat Burnley and I can't see them doing anything different.

Don’t think so either. I’d have more faith in Burnley or Watford doing something to them than Man United’s pathetic efforts, though. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Wasn’t a vintage performance. Thiago was different class but got a touch sloppy in the second half. Jota was awful in the first half bar the goal, but much better in the second half. Mo had a stinker, so did Jones. Gomez did well, and I’m really happy for him. He seems like a lovely fella. The cross for the goal was top class, and he was oddly a lot better than Robbo going forward today. Robbo annoyed me a bit. The first forward run he made with the ball was on minute 85. Prior to that he kept putting his foot on the ball and passing it backward for some reason. Worth noting that Bobby had a good game too. 

Andy ‘Left Foot’ Robertson.  No Looks. 

5 hours ago, Jennings said:

Going on my own today ‘cos my mate can’t make it. I am going to have a wander around the “Murials”. If you see me, stop me and say hello. 

Good to meet you lad. Bigger cunt in real life you 

F742FEAF-F58A-4755-AFDA-F9D15F7DEAC1.jpeg

• Upvote 5

The smallest of the obstacles we face in April has been crossed. They only get bigger from here. Some steeplechase fences. Some sheer cliffs. Keep running. Keep jumping higher. Keep scaling cliff faces. Keep winning. Keep believing. Keep in front.

Keep fucking everything!

• Upvote 1

I thought that was a fine performance.

I think Klopp has toned things down a bit, particularly with a lead in the second half.

The CB/keeper trio are the best in the world right now, and might be one of the best ever.

Robertson stays back more, Gomez stepping up his game as he gets a run of matches.

You put Fabinho in front of that, and yes, you might give up a goal, but chances are you won't. Particularly against a side like Watford.

The trips to West Ham and Wolves look like the only potentially tricky games for City outside our game with them. And even then they might both be in beach mode having nothing to play for, or possibly in West Ham's case still in the Europa League and concentrating fully on that. I think we may well have had all the help we're gonna get from anyone else; if we don't win next week it will likely mirror the run-in from a few years back where we just impotently watch them win all their final games.

Our pen was the kind of thing that made me support VAR in the first place. Perfect: a blatant offence that, for some reason or other, the officials missed. That should be it. No armpit measuring, no coloured lines, no stop-start replays. It was a really useful process that has been endlessly misinterpreted and misapplied. 

• Upvote 3