You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (H) - FAC 5th Rnd, Wed 2nd Mar 2022 (8:15pm)

Trumo

I'd definitely play the following for as much of the 90 as the situation allows: 

Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas, Ox, Jones, Origi, Minamino

Manage these with limited minutes:

Milner, Jota, Henderson, Firmino (?), Keita, Elliott

Ideally give the night off:

Alisson, TAA, VVD, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Thiago, Salah, Diaz, Mane

52 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Wow, nearly on page 2, Anticipation over this one has clearly hit fever pitch.

On ITV tonight, so easily available for everybody.

Shadow squad with 2 or 3 kids to start?

With nearly everybody fit and needing minutes, there's not much room for kids. Maybe Bradley though. 

Tough for Gomez if he's shunted into right back again. He only gets to play a couple of games and it hardly helps him if it's out of position. Still, we'd need Milner in midfield for this one if we're resting Fabinho and Henderson. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Yes you are right aws,  just working out who could do with a game.

Gomez, Minamino, Jones, Ox, Konate, Jota, Origi, Milner and Tsimikas.

Add a goalie and you are only looking at the rb spot left.. 

And even that leaves Harvey on the bench! I think Jurgen has said that Alisson gets this game. 

50 minutes ago, Anubis said:

As there isn’t a West Ham match thread yet I’ll just put it here that John Moss is reffing us for that game.

Can’t wait to see him keeping up with the play, eating up ground like an Olympic sprinter. 

17 minutes ago, aws said:

And even that leaves Harvey on the bench! I think Jurgen has said that Alisson gets this game. 

Klopp said Kelleher won't be playing, so you'd assume that it'll be Alisson between the posts tonight. 

Owen Beck, Connor Bradley and Kaide Gordon have all been left out of the U19's UEFA Youth League game this afternoon, so a good chance all 3 will feature in the squad against Norwich this evening.

With 5 subs allowed from 9, I reckon we'll go fairly strong - I reckon only those who played the full 120 minutes on Sunday will not be considered for this evening.

I'd be going with...

Alisson; Bradley, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas; Henderson, Jones, Elliott; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi, Minamino.

Subs: Adrian, Matip, Milner, Beck, Clarkson, Keita, Jota, Mane, Gordon.

Could put Rhys Williams on the bench ahead of Matip.

Give Hendo an hour at most. Harvey is probably still just shy of being able to complete the full 90, so I'd be taking him off around the hour mark too. Bring Clarkson and Milner on for those 2.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Klopp said Kelleher won't be playing, so you'd assume that it'll be Alisson between the posts tonight. 

Owen Beck, Connor Bradley and Kaide Gordon have all been left out of the U19's UEFA Youth League game this afternoon, so a good chance all 3 will feature in the squad against Norwich this evening.

With 5 subs allowed from 9, I reckon we'll go fairly strong - I reckon only those who played the full 120 minutes on Sunday will not be considered for this evening.

I'd be going with...

Alisson; Bradley, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas; Henderson, Jones, Elliott; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi, Minamino.

Subs: Adrian, Matip, Milner, Beck, Clarkson, Keita, Jota, Mane, Gordon.

Could put Rhys Williams on the bench ahead of Matip.

Give Hendo an hour at most. Harvey is probably still just shy of being able to complete the full 90, so I'd be taking him off around the hour mark too. Bring Clarkson and Milner on for those 2.

Is Bobby injured?