You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

3 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

£40m for a Brazil international attacking midfielder is a risk well worth taking. If we’re half as clever as we think we are we’ll wait for West Ham to set the price then fuck them over like we did with Diaz. 

My optimistic side tells me that we always say we are open to an opportunist deal and your less likely to get rinsed if your always pleading poverty. The other side of me tells me not to do it to myself. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HBenn said:

My optimistic side tells me that we always say we are open to an opportunist deal and your less likely to get rinsed if your always pleading poverty. The other side of me tells me not to do it to myself. 

Yeah, I'm similar to that. Klopp saying 'we definitely need reinforcements and have to bring them in by next week' wouldn't be our style. 

I still don't think we'll sign anybody, but I think it's crazy not to, given the same points we're all constantly making about our midfield. We won't always have the potential to win trophies every season and should maximise our chances in eras when we do.

Maybe any business is contingent on Keita moving on?

8 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Why the fuck are we not in for Lucas Paquetta, perfect player for us.

Same reason (for now) all the other massive clubs desperate for midfielders aren't and why, like Nunes, he's going to a mid tier premier league club.

Clubs tend to scout on more than name recognition.

56 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

We're basically writing off the prime years of some of our squad because FSG won't spend any fucking cash the tight bastards.

Indeed and this is what makes so many of us so fucking angry. Its incredibly hard to form such a team in a short space of time as we did. Of course sales like Coutinho helped but we got the right players. More importantly we have a fucking brilliant manager who gets the absolute best out of these players in their prime. Golden generation like squad with a awesome manager at the helm.

But we have cunt owners who would rather get 4th without spending anything. CL final is like a day out for them so they can get on their private plane and come over. Then charge us those expenses.

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, I'm similar to that. Klopp saying 'we definitely need reinforcements and have to bring them in by next week' wouldn't be our style. 

I still don't think we'll sign anybody, but I think it's crazy not to, given the same points we're all constantly making about our midfield. We won't always have the potential to win trophies every season and should maximise our chances in eras when we do.

Maybe any business is contingent on Keita moving on?

Yes, maybe. Albeit if he really is injured then I think that has probably scuppered that as well. 

4 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Indeed and this is what makes so many of us so fucking angry. Its incredibly hard to form such a team in a short space of time as we did. Of course sales like Coutinho helped but we got the right players. More importantly we have a fucking brilliant manager who gets the absolute best out of these players in their prime. Golden generation like squad with a awesome manager at the helm.

But we have cunt owners who would rather get 4th without spending anything. CL final is like a day out for them so they can get on their private plane and come over. Then charge us those expenses.

That coupled with we heard all the reasons they gave for us not being able to compete when we didn't have CL so it's not like we are likely do a Utd or arguably even Arsenal to spend our way back in. 

Klopp is all about the power of can, FSG seem all about the power of can't. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HBenn said:

That coupled with we heard all the reasons they gave for us not being able to compete when we didn't have CL so it's not like we are likely do a Utd or arguably even Arsenal to spend our way back in. 

Klopp is all about the power of can, FSG seem all about the power of can't. 

Its all about Klopp at the moment, he is the only person who is keeping it all together. But you can clearly sense his frustration these days with some of the answers to reporters and snapping at some of the valid questions. FSG will not have a fucking clue who to appoint if Klopp decides to leave. They are banking on Klopp being the same person with the same loyalty but every person has a breaking point. 

And yes you are absolutely right. If we need to spend £150m to get back to CL under Klopp or anyone, it just won't happen. Newcastle will be a top 4 certainty soon along with City so that just leaves 2 positions open. 

Maybe it’s only our club that has to adhere to FFP rules. Most other clubs spend more than they earn, yet Liverpool spend nowhere near what they earn.

We’ll overtake united revenues in next accounts, we are the sixth richest club in the world yet spend like absolute paupers.

It feels that we are wasting a golden cycle and we may well look back in four or five years thinking we should have won multiples of everything.

Not sure what it will take for the owners to actually spend and back the manager and bin this sell to buy policy.

Consistent latter stages of CL, prize money galore from different competitions, full house every game, bigger sponsors, notably Standard Chartered, supposedly Nike earning will be huge, new deal with Expedia on the horizon, bigger stands, more membership sales though that is a con. Hugely successful retail operations, not just here but overseas and online. Summer tours in pre season are now back and will happen now year on year. 

What will it take to actually back the manager? What are we this summer, 2million net spend.

That is pathetic and not befitting a club of our level or status.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Strontium said:

When Lucas Paqueta and Matheus Nunes are going for chump change, the myth of the "right player" not being available has been well and truly busted, and anyone pushing it should be swatted in the face with a housebrick.

What is it about either of them in the games you've seen them play that has stopped the likes of Utd, us, Juventus, Barcelona. Real Madrid, PSG and others from signing them while mid tier teams like Wolves and West Ham do, given they are so right do you reckon?

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

What is it about either of them in the games you've seen them play that has stopped the likes of Utd, us, Juventus, Barcelona. Real Madrid, PSG and others from signing them while mid tier teams like Wolves and West Ham do, given they are so right do you reckon?

Is that supposed to be an argument? It's embarrassing.

10 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

And which of them clubs battled us to get Salah,Mane,Robbo,Gini etc

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I only wish clickbait was around years ago. 

"Molby being released from the clink could save Liverpool millions." 

Did we really need Barnes and Beardsley given we’d already signed Aldridge mid-season as Rush’s successor? Saving the money and giving Paul Walsh a bit more playing time would have been the smart move.

• Upvote 2