You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

45 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's also said there won't be a thirty year wait for titles like LFC had.  Aren't they approaching 10 years now? Can't see any improvement for a while. 

He's right. It'll be at least 40/50 years.

He's a bit shit at mind games.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mook said:

I take it he's completely unaware of what happened last season, when a rake of Liverpool injuries meant they got the chance to finish above us?

Fucking bellend.

To be fair, a few of ours were from shocking tackles by the opposition.

I don’t remember many constant muscle injuries like they’ve acquired this season. 

They went 26 years without winning the title they make this 30 year thing out to be something bizarre that's not happened to them, look at what we won during those 30 years compared to what they won in those 26 years. In our shitness we won 2 European cups in Fergusons glory years they managed 2 European cups. 

• Upvote 1

While I normally prefer to bask in our glory rather than pour salt into the wound of others on nights like this, it's hard having grown up in the 90s not to take a moment and point out how completely fucked they are!

I see some (mostly their fans/Neville) are blaming the owners, some of us are blaming the fans, their managers are getting stick, and the players are lo and behold also getting their fair share of the blame.

The club is completely rotten to the core, and I just can't see a way back for them, even with the unlimited money they possess. They can easily go 10 more years without a sniff of the title. Getting ten Hag in will only be another failed project, as there is no way he gets enough time to both implement a new playing style and getting the players he requires for his system. They have literally tons of players they need to get rid of, all on extortionate sums of money. The ONE really good young player they have is having his career ruined, the others are overrated as hell because they can dribble a bit. Their club captain is about the worst footballer in the entire league, and they've got players that are more concerned with their marketability than playing acutal football.

Ahhhh, I could go on all night, but I won't.. In short, it's glorious!!!

• Upvote 2

In all our years in the wilderness I honestly do not think we were ever as bad as this lot are and I included the Ruddock/Dicks years in that.   Hopefully they stay this shit for decades. 

7 hours ago, lebron said:

They can easily go 10 more years without a sniff of the title. Getting ten Hag in will only be another failed project, as there is no way he gets enough time to both implement a new playing style and getting the players he requires for his system. 

God is a Liverpool fan. That's as good an explanation as any for the circumstances which see the only man who could conceivably sort out the Old Trafford shitshow being in charge at Anfield.

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

Is this fella still set for Director of Football at the end of the season? 

He was never set for the Director of Football role, they had him pinned for a consultancy job that would have amounted to a few days a month, one report had him 'working' 144 days over the two year contract.

John Murtough/Darren Fletcher are the 'football director'/'technical director'.

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

He was never set for the Director of Football role, they had him pinned for a consultancy job that would have amounted to a few days a month, one report had him 'working' 144 days over the two year contract.

John Murtough/Darren Fletcher are the 'football director'/'technical director'.

Aah. Ok. 
Thought he was going to be the DoF.  Still if they have them pair I'm sure they're in safe hands (even if one of them is too old for this shit). 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Is this fella still set for Director of Football at the end of the season? 

Have they even announced what his job title is going to be? They already have a football director, technical director, director of football negotiations, and a director of football operations, not to mention the CEO and board of directors. 

Always thought that retaining Rangnick was to put in another layer between football and business management and allow him to take some flack off the owners. He'll be first to go next season when if any improvement predictably doesn't meet fan expectation.

Ragnick is the right person for them but they don't listen to him and he'll be paid off. He's identified the issues and explained clearly that they need to decide where they want to go before they can decide how they're going to get there. Probably only Klopp or Guardiola have the strength of personality to go in there and fix what's needed despite of the working conditions. 

If the club needed one more sign of just how scandalously awful the attitude of their current players is, Fernandes provided it post-match last night, when he 'pointed out' that, whereas we are going for the title, the mancs 'don't have anything to fight for'. They're three points off a CL place! 

And I'm not sure they have fully though through the wisdom of hiring the manager to take over. The Ajax model works fine in the Dutch league, but it won't here. Bringing up some talented young players who'll shine for a couple of years and then want to move on to the very top clubs will clearly not do. But how would you keep them so that they get the club back where such players would be happy to stay? There's nothing at that club, from the money men to the fans, that is suited to a lengthy wait for rebuilding from within to happen.

So it's surely more likely that the strategy will rapidly revert to the same old/same old: buying big established names. Which will require someone who can manage them. Is that ten Hag? A huge amount rests on hope rather than prudence.

56 minutes ago, No2 said:

Ragnick is the right person for them but they don't listen to him and he'll be paid off. He's identified the issues and explained clearly that they need to decide where they want to go before they can decide how they're going to get there. Probably only Klopp or Guardiola have the strength of personality to go in there and fix what's needed despite of the working conditions. 

Yep it's mad how they have hot him in to revamp the club and have basically threw him under the bus.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Probably only Klopp or Guardiola have the strength of personality to go in there and fix what's needed despite of the working conditions. 

Guardiola would have absolutely no idea how to even begin. He has been at two of the best footballing structures in history, and now at City has the money to paper over any shortcomings they have in that sense, of which there may not be many. Him at United would be hilarious.

1 hour ago, JustTosh said:

Watched the game last night on TV. I'm sure I heard them singing "you killed your own fans..." What a glorious response to our 7th minute tribute to Ronaldo and his tragic loss. Every club gets the supporters they deserve I suppose.

And they all sing about Hillsborough when we're there. Tons of class there from our supporters, not rising to the bait.

Even Neville said that was real class from Liverpool. Wonder what drugs he needed to say that?

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Guardiola would have absolutely no idea how to even begin. He has been at two of the best footballing structures in history, and now at City has the money to paper over any shortcomings they have in that sense, of which there may not be many. Him at United would be hilarious.

Disagree.

If Guardiola had been the given the money that the incumbents after Moyes were, United would be a million times better than they are. He's not easy to like but pretending he isn't an elite level manager is silly