You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

Obviously I want him to fall on his arse, but it's a pretty decent appointment all things considered.

It's only taken them a decade of has beens, sex-pest ex-players, a troll-faced prematurely aged YTS boy, the Moyesiah and king shitcunt himself to realise this may be the more prudent route. 

He'll set them up for a better manager to come in, I reckon.

Klopp never had to deal with a poisonous culture on and off the pitch.

Ten Hag will need 3 years just to change that.

Another 5 or 6 years before they properly challenge again.

Just now, m0e said:

He'll set them up for a better manager to come in, I reckon.

Klopp never had to deal with a poisonous culture on and off the pitch.

Ten Hag will need 3 years just to change that.

Another 5 or 6 years before they properly challenge again.

No but we were fundamentally a broken set of losers.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

No but we were fundamentally a broken set of losers.

No doubt.

But we had a proper structure from the top, and a decent set of players, all willing to work hard and learn.

We also had his first full season out of Europe.

4 minutes ago, m0e said:

No doubt.

But we had a proper structure from the top, and a decent set of players, all willing to work hard and learn.

We also had his first full season out of Europe.

They were an honest bunch and their attitude was better than their quality.

At least our players rolled up their sleeves and had some fight when Klopp came in.

Which is more than can be said for the mancs this season. I don’t know if they have the balls for the fight whoever is in charge. 

These players contracts expire this summer…

F90AD4E6-1127-481D-A7C4-5809AF1B9E61.jpeg

These expire in 2023…

B5DF64D1-8C73-4A79-90C9-6CA4B63DA412.jpeg

Is there anybody they would want to keep?

De Gea I assume but he’s not a modern day keeper. Great shot stopper but he’s not Alisson or Ederson in getting attacks started. 

Rashford is obviously a good player but completely lost his way. Shaw is wildly inconsistent.

They could easily lose 10 players this summer and still be left with shite like Lindelof & McGuire.

I see they are talking about spending £200m. Get the green and gold scarves out again, looks like another summer of underfunding.

Getting the out of contract players off the wage bill will certainly help but shifting the shite they have on 3-4 Year contracts on big wages will certainly take some doing especially if they don't make the top 4 .

Ten Hag has his work cut out to say the least , if they get off to an iffy start will they start moaning like they usually do and start throwing the toys out of the pram .

Good luck lad you're definitely going to need it 

I don't really wish him luck I hope they are mid table by Christmas wishful thinking I know 

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I was thinking about this today. To get from where they are now to a side that can challenge is, City and Chelsea for the title, they're basically going to need to replace everyone. Can you actually envisage any one of their current squad lifting the trophy any time in the future?

We managed to go from a poor squad to title winners in just under 5 years, only by virtue of having the world's best manager and allowing him the time to do his stuff his way. It's asking a fuck of a lot for them to win it in the next 5 years. That would mean they will have gone at least 14 years without winning it. It's a lovely thought.

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I was thinking about this today. To get from where they are now to a side that can challenge is, City and Chelsea for the title, they're basically going to need to replace everyone. Can you actually envisage any one of their current squad lifting the trophy any time in the future?

We managed to go from a poor squad to title winners in just under 5 years, only by virtue of having the world's best manager and allowing him the time to do his stuff his way. It's asking a fuck of a lot for them to win it in the next 5 years. That would mean they will have gone at least 14 years without winning it. It's a lovely thought.

Who is left from when Klopp took over? Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Origi? 

From a set of losers, rejuvenating the squad, England, European and World Champions in 5 years, is incredible.

As I said earlier, at least the squad Klopp inherited where an honest bunch and tried.  That’s half the battle. The mancs haven’t even shown that.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Scott_M said:

These players contracts expire this summer…

F90AD4E6-1127-481D-A7C4-5809AF1B9E61.jpeg

These expire in 2023…

B5DF64D1-8C73-4A79-90C9-6CA4B63DA412.jpeg

De Gea I assume but he’s not a modern day keeper. Great shot stopper but he’s not Alisson or Ederson in getting attacks started. 

Rashford is obviously a good player but completely lost his way. Shaw is wildly inconsistent.

They could easily lose 10 players this summer and still be left with shite like Lindelof & McGuire.

I see they are talking about spending £200m. Get the green and gold scarves out again, looks like another summer of underfunding.

I was down to Rashford before I realised the 1.72m figure was their height, as a value it looked about right.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Who is left from when Klopp took over? Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Origi? 

From a set of losers, rejuvenating the squad, England, European and World Champions in 5 years, is incredible.

As I said earlier, at least the squad Klopp inherited where an honest bunch and tried.  That’s half the battle. The mancs haven’t even shown that.

We hadn't had a billion pound spent on the squad though, there's enough talent in the club to be able to massively improve the results with just an improvement in coaching and man management.

There's nothing to stop them doing what Arsenal did and stripping back the squad to a core of the better professionals and the best young players with the added bonus of having greater pull and resources than Arsenal to get the players they need in key positions once that's achieved.