You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Just reading an Echo article from yesterday linking us with lots of shit free transfers. What a time to be alive.

The mere fact we have to sell first in order to buy for a Club of our magnitude is embarrassing in the extreme. Secure your targets first then flog the deadwood.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The mere fact we have to sell first in order to buy for a Club of our magnitude is embarrassing in the extreme. Secure your targets first then flog the deadwood.

I personally can't wait to be outspent by Aston Villa for the fourth season in a row.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I can't help feeling that you're missing the point here.

If you were being sarcastic, then I apologise!

It was the mewling quim who instantly quoted you and threw a hissy fit set me on the wrong path. 

3 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

My gut feeling is that we sign two more first team quality players and maybe do a deal with Ajax for their young midfielder to come in a year. I haven't a clue who we will sign for next season, because it will be a Jota or Fabinho job I reckon. 

Regarding Sancho, he would have walked to us I reckon. It was such a classic Manc signing though. Very talented lad and should become world class. However, the kind of signing that could cause agro there with guys like Pogba and Fernandes plus others demanding to know why he is earning more than them. Far better player than Pogba imo but Paul Pogba sees himself as the best midfielder in the world. That's why we didn't sign him. How could you make him the biggest earner here with lads like Virgil, Sadio or Mo winning the biggest trophies while Sancho has just been a very exciting talent.

Not saying we will sign Mbappe, but I don't think it is completely left of field. A good business signing that pays for itself and sell him to Real in a few years time. Americans love their big star to build a brand around. A player that you could break a wage structure for and our top players won't ask questions because nobody can question him getting those kind of wages. 

Konate and two more 1st team level players would be a good summer and that's what I expect us to get.

We're not buying Mbappe mate. Not in a million years. Don't do it to yourself.

37 minutes ago, Gooch said:

I thought the Mbappe thing was an internet meme. People actually think that it could happen?

I'd like to say nobody would be that credulous, but people believe in QAnon and Flat Earth theories, so who knows.

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

When are people going to wake up to these fucking shysters running our Club? They have no intent on being competitive as long as we come in the top 4 and keep that Champions League Money rolling in.

Origi should have been fucked off ages ago, the fact that the Club seem happy to keep him speaks volumes. Both him and Adrian are a waste of resources but crucially, mean FSG are justified in not spending any more money to replace them.

A few weeks back there was talk of a disastrous summer without top four now we have top four and nothing has changed. I guess Konate in, is because of the CL qualification.

I hate these fuckers with every fibre of my being, when Jurgen goes we are well and truly fucked. It will be like Jan to March but more regular with their penny pinching and lack of investment in the playing squad. Cunts the lot of them.

Behave yourself. Origi does need to go as does Shaqiri but to move a player on you need to have a willing buyer for a start, then the player needs to reach agreement. On top of all this why are you panicking ? The xfer window will be open for a while yet and I believe we will bring in players.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Behave yourself. Origi does need to go as does Shaqiri but to move a player on you need to have a willing buyer for a start, then the player needs to reach agreement. On top of all this why are you panickingThe xfer window will be open for a while yet and I believe we will bring in players.

Why do people say this? Who the fuck is panicking? People who are concerned are not panicking they are pissed off because its the same shit every summer.

You can't expect Jurgen to constantly turn water into wine year on year, he has to have some level of investment. At this rate we won't have anybody left to sell.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why do people say this? Who the fuck is panicking? People who are concerned are not panicking they are pissed off because its the same shit every summer.

You can't expect Jurgen to constantly turn water into wine year on year, he has to have some level of investment. At this rate we won't have anybody left to sell.

Reckon we will have people left to sell. Seems buyers have realised our shit players might actually be a little bit shit and not worth the £25 million genius Edwards wants

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Reckon we will have people left to sell. Seems buyers have realised our shit players might actually be a little bit shit and not worth the £25 million genius Edwards wants

We brought in Thiago and Jota last season but had to flog a couple of potential talents (ok so they haven't set the world alight but that doesn't mean they may never has succeeded here) sell a centre back and find a couple of deals that relied on running down contracts and being able to drip feed the fee.

Its fucking ridiculous. We are a multi billion dollar Club with Billionaire owners.

Our owners are not billionaires, they're multimillionaire investors. The difference is significant.

We're worth into the billions on paper, due to stadium, training facilities and squad value. None of that can be spent, unless loans are taken out against the club. We spend the difference in turnover, same as most, and that's been hit by an 18 month pandemic that's kneecapped gate revenue. 

Maybe we're a bit on the prudent side, but I'd say we're doing alright. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Our owners are not billionaires, they're multimillionaire investors. The difference is significant.

We're worth into the billions on paper, due to stadium, training facilities and squad value. None of that can be spent, unless loans are taken out against the club. We spend the difference in turnover, same as most, and that's been hit by an 18 month pandemic that's kneecapped gate revenue. 

Maybe we're a bit on the prudent side, but I'd say we're doing alright. 

Henrys net worth is supposedly 2.8 billion.