You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it time to start to question what's really happening?

Bruce Spanner

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I was wondering the same recently, only remembered again when seeing his name as thread creator on this. No idea if he's coming back or not but hope he's ok either way.

Last visited on Wednesday, so I don't think he's gone too far. Only two posts in the last four months, though.  Come on @Bruce Spanner, pull your finger out!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Last visited on Wednesday, so I don't think he's gone too far. Only two posts in the last four months, though.  Come on @Bruce Spanner, pull your finger out!

Ah thanks, didn't know that. I hadn't seen any of his posts for a good while and was thinking he'd not been around for ages.

On 18/12/2022 at 20:29, AngryOfTuebrook said:

All good, Mal.

The two posts were to point out that a Magrebi, North African Muslim, wouldn’t be using MSA, Modern Standard Arabic, the ‘written’ form of Arabic, as nobody does except google translates.

Its like using Latin to convey Spanish/French/Italian etc.

Marty done a goof, but he wasn’t to know as he’s a massive fucking goon.

Merry Xmas, all.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 19/10/2022 at 14:32, cloggypop said:

Numero is obviously a Big Oil shrill

It has crossed my mind.

Mr pompositys responses to Bob's thoughtful, logical reasonings over these past couple of pages make particularly ugly reading, especially in light of the eye-watering profit margins announced by Shell yesterday.

So let's here it from the bad guys, before the good guys feed em to the woodchipper.

Robin hits on the real reason people defend oil companies.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Massive decline in UK native butterflies since the 70s. Shite state of affairs.

I can’t post here as it’s a very long article but I read about US farming and how small to mid sized farms have been consumed by the agri business model. This is leading to an almost mono culture in places and discusses the decline in the top soil. 

Also talks about the New Deal era helping out what was the American ideal of the independent farmer running his bit of land. This lasted up until the Reagan era. 

Here’s the link anyway. It reviews the two books.

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2023/02/09/grim-reapers-american-farming-ian-frazier/

3 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

I can’t post here as it’s a very long article but I read about US farming and how small to mid sized farms have been consumed by the agri business model. This is leading to an almost mono culture in places and discusses the decline in the top soil. 

Also talks about the New Deal era helping out what was the American ideal of the independent farmer running his bit of land. This lasted up until the Reagan era. 

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2023/02/09/grim-reapers-american-farming-ian-frazier/

For Reagan read Thatcher in the UK. The absolute epitome of greed and selfishness. Without those governments we'd still have a chance.

17 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Thanks for sharing.  Not good that, not good at all. As Vlad says Reagan and Thatcher, what a fucking pair.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2022 at 13:08, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, they don't. They achieved nothing. It was already Labour policy, and the Tories aren't doing it. So blockading the M25 did nothing. They were right about the need for insulation then, these kids who achieved fuck all bar condemnation, aren't wrong about the actual issue either. Throwing soup or stopping traffic does nothing other than make them look stupid and turn more people away from your cause than attract them to it. It's the mindset of a fucking moron. I prefer things that actually work rather than a shock-jock tactic. I'm just tired of brainless shit. 

Jesus fucking christ, shill cunt, the last few pages of this thread.

'feed em to the woodchipper'

55 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Hahahah. 

‘Doing the right thing’ says Phil. 

‘Doing the wrong thing’ says the judge. 

Ah, when will dickheads learn to read. 

He hasn’t claimed the judge said anything other than what he said.

He’s said doing the right thing is incompatible with the law which is his opinion. Which he is free to hold.

The judge has not said that, as he made clear he can’t and mustn’t because it is the law and he must uphold the law.

Ah, why must dickheads always try to prove themselves right all the time?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

He hasn’t claimed the judge said anything other than what he said.

I think you need to read his tweet again. He is, of course, free to have whatever opinion he chooses; but to say what amounts to ‘here’s what the judge said, it’ll be studied for years as an example of doing the right thing’ when what he said was that is was the wrong thing. That is, in my opinion - which I’m also allowed - wrong headed. 

As for dickheads, is it a wonder that I pushed back when I was quoted out of nowhere (by somebody who would only mention me if I mention him, of course) and called a shill cunt? 

I’ve got an issue with the way these kids conducted themselves, I think it’s not effective and I don’t think it’s productive or civil. That’s it. How is that a big deal? Got a problem with it, fine. You’ll get over it.