You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

6 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

I thought the Glazers dont spend any money? Or is that just a trite excuse they trawl out when they are losing? They've spent mega money there over the past few years, way more than our lot.

They make so much money they can service the debt payments on the club and still spend big on transfers if they want. This keeps the local systems in line.

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

us being skint pisses me off. Size of our fan base alongside the massive success we've recently had, all these new partnership deals and the huge TV rights yet we now seem to be back in the David Moores situation. Can we really not afford a couple of players.

I'm actually much more excited about giving Harvey Elliott game time than buying this guy. 

The biggest success for this season will be ensuring we keep hold of our best players.  That will be a huge step forward compared to recent seasons.

We're the best team in the world at the moment, and we have depth in almost every position except for the number 9 slot.

When you factor in mentality, work-rate, natural fitness, pace, ability, intelligence, power, there is a very small list of players out there who can threaten to break into our front 3.  Take Mbappe for example, great player, but will he work selflessly and track back to cover our full backs? 

I think the list looks a bit like:

Sterling

Haaland

Sancho

Son

Gnabry

We just aren't interested in buying a big name and watching him not put the graft in. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's only an issue of money. I think we love the player and he would come but it will only happen if we can haggle the fee down. 

The only way we are signing Thiago Alcantara is if he changes his name to Dumbo Alcantara and agrees to be paid in peanuts. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

If true, then they must deliver. There's no two ways about it. The boss must get what he wants

I've generally defended the owners, but it's very difficult to disagree here. Klopp's hardly stamped his feet when transfer funds haven't always been flowing his way, so surely he more than deserves this. 

• Upvote 1

I've just been WhatsApped that Alacantra has agreed terms with Liverpool. Now a fee needs to be agreed. It's actually from Liverpool Echo. 

Haven't we been here before? 

49 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I've just been WhatsApped that Alacantra has agreed terms with Liverpool. Now a fee needs to be agreed. It's actually from Liverpool Echo. 

Haven't we been here before? 

Easy work being an Echo sports journalist these days. You just take an old story, remove a name, and replace it with another.