Quantcast
Shrewsbury (H) FA Cup - 4/2/2020 - 19:45 - Page 21 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Shrewsbury (H) FA Cup - 4/2/2020 - 19:45

Shrewsbury were taking the piss tonight by putting out a weakened line-up. After all the pre-match talk and criticism of our club, we were the ones who looked as though we were taking the cup seriously.

I listened to this one of 5 Live (I haven't listened to 5 Live since we had the likes of Xabi and Masch in midfield) and bloody hell were the young lads impressive. Constantly passing and moving, playing on the front foot, and making Shrewsbury sound like alehouse cloggers. We seemed to earn ourselves a corner every minute in that second half.

VAR came to our rescue when Shrewsbury thought they'd opened the scoring very much against the run of play, and then a Shrewsbury defender scored an inexplicable own goal for the second time in this cup tie.

Most impressive is that the players kept their energy levels up to the very end. Sure there were moments of weariness but it was the away side who looked more out on their feet by the end.

As in the League Cup tie at Villa, these players are excellent up until the final third where they struggle to find the net. It sounded like we were outnumbered in the box time and time again when we played the ball in. It's the one area where the team can improve.

5 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Stream I watched said it was the initial pass that was offside as that is where they stopped the replay. The reports say it was the goalscorer.

Either way no fucks given well deserved and the kids did proud.

It was their dirty left back who was offside.  It was not even debatable.

• Upvote 1

"I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Perhaps a tad melodramatic, but I hope that quote sums up the general attitude of the squad going forward in this competition.

Just now, J-V said:

Chirivella is a tidy player.  He should really be offered a new contract if he'd sign one of course.

Should we now refer to him as "the veteran midfielder".  I mean, he's 22.  That's ancient.

2 minutes ago, Code said:

I see no one has asked the question everyone wants answered yet.

Why is Jennings wearing his hair long?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The only disappointment for me was that lovely young lad, Bobby Duncan, has missed the chance to play on live tv against Villa, Everton & in both legs of a 4th round FA Cup tie. 

Beautiful!

• Upvote 1

That's the first time I've seen Sepp van der Berg play.  From comments I've read on here, I was expecting him to look like a guest from the Make A Wish Foundation.

He did not.

He looked like a footballer.

• Upvote 2

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's the first time I've seen Sepp van der Berg play.  From comments I've read on here, I was expecting him to look like a guest from the Make A Wish Foundation.

He did not.

He looked like a footballer.

He was a lot better than the other times I’ve seen him.

• Upvote 1