You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I imagine he’ll be getting paid more than  Guardiola?

On the books, or off them?

I for one am looking forward to taking my boy, but not my daughter as that's haram and will make her unnattractive in the future and ruin her marrige prospects, to the Uni Emery footballing academy in Riyada.

Never built, never opened, never staffed, one director - Uni Emery.

Glory be to the new football gods.

I'm struggling to think of 3 teams worse than Newcastle. Norwich are gone obviously, Newcastle are right in there to fill the other 2 spots with Burnley (who always do what needs doing), Watford (who look shit but have a 6 point start), Southampton and Leeds (both good sides), Brentford (they look like they will get enough points at home) and maybe Villa. None of those will have the added pressure of a beheading handing over ever loss.

I think they're a marked team for the remainder of this season. It's like everyone knows that sending them down now could buy the rest of the league another couple of seasons, aside from the 4 or 5 it will take to make them into a top-4 side. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, A_S said:

I think they're a marked team for the remainder of this season. It's like everyone knows that sending them down now could buy the rest of the league another couple of seasons, aside from the 4 or 5 it will take to make them into a top-4 side. 

I do hope so. My NUFC supporting mate is desperate to get to Jan and get some new players in for fear of relegation. 
Not keen on me mentioning the human rights issues they now have for some reason...

43 minutes ago, A_S said:

Yeah, they've turned every one of their games into a relegation 6 point this early in the season.

It seems a strange appointment of Emery as manager. He has a good track record in Europe's 2nd tier competition and his perceived English communication with players was somewhat questioned with arsenal.

You get the feeling this is a scatter gun appointment. Fonseca was the hot favourite. Suddenly he disappeared and they wanted Ten Hag. He didnt fancy it and now Emery is handed the contract.

They play Brighton away next and, if Brighton replicate their form as shown against us, newcastle will be lucky to get nil and likely have 4 or 5 put past them.

By the time the January window come round, newcastle could, potentially, be dead in the water and relegation certs like Norwich.

If they do go down, the also find the EFL's spending restrictions are tougher than the Premier League's.

How many of the top 20 managers in the world are at a Premier League club now, do you reckon?

Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel, Bielsa, and Conte for sure. There'd be a few more in the conversation for the top 20 list as well (Benitez, Emery, maybe even Potter and Rodgers). Can't remember a time when there was more of a concentration of managerial talent in a single league.

49 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

How many of the top 20 managers in the world are at a Premier League club now, do you reckon?

Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel, Bielsa, and Conte for sure. There'd be a few more in the conversation for the top 20 list as well (Benitez, Emery, maybe even Potter and Rodgers). Can't remember a time when there was more of a concentration of managerial talent in a single league.

Don't think it matches up with the mid 00s when Ferguson & Wenger were still good, along with prime Mourinho, Benitez and Allardyce.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

You forgot Ole!!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

A part of me wants them to appoint Allardyce and hand him a squillion pounds to spend in January. He'd buy half the Burnley squad and the rest would go on an Augustus Gloop style binge. They'd find him face down in a swimming pool filled with onion gravy.

They already hounded him out once