You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

If they're appointing managers before sporting directors then they're doing it the wrong way around.

Does seem arse about face, doesnt it? Manager appointed first, SD appointed then says 'we need to change the manager as he doesnt get my vision'!

Staverley's doing a magnificent job, even the toon army are rolling their eyes.

Why the fuck do people think we should sell any of our quality squad players to newcastle and make their team better and kick start their 'revolution'?

I hope they plunder shite teams like villa, everton and palace etc and waste a shit load of money building false hope for the geordies rather than  them come sniffing at our squad.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Why the fuck do people think we should sell any of our quality squad players to newcastle and make their team better and kick start their 'revolution'?

From my POV, Phillips and Davies will never have full careers as Liverpool players. 

The Championship is about their level. Which will be handy for Newcastle next season. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I hope they plunder shite teams like villa, everton and palace etc and waste a shit load of money building false hope for the geordies rather than  them come sniffing at our squad.

If you can flip a Oxlaide-Chamberlain to Newcastle for a shed load of cash and replace him with a Kessie/Bissouma (issues pending) then you'd be stupid not to consider it.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

If you can flip a Oxlaide-Chamberlain to Newcastle for a shed load of cash and replace him with a Kessie/Bissouma (issues pending) then you'd be stupid not to consider it.

Considering everyone but City seem unhappy with with the change of ownership, it would seem a good idea if perhaps they all refused to do business with Newcastle. It won't happen of course as greed will conquer all. But it would be much tougher for Newcastle to survive this season if they are only able to buy players from overseas in January who don't know this league. 

• Upvote 2

The Emery situation is interesting, he's got cold feet for some reason or other. I wonder is he hearing through the football community that they are going to be the black sheep of football and the "powers that be" have plans in mind for them. The reasons he's given most certainly isn't the truth.

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

The Emery situation is interesting, he's got cold feet for some reason or other. I wonder is he hearing through the football community that they are going to be the black sheep of football and the "powers that be" have plans in mind for them. The reasons he's given most certainly isn't the truth.

Newcastle wanted a clause that said he could be sacked with no compensation if they get relegated. That seems to be a pretty good reason to swerve it.

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Does he earn shitloads at Villarreal? It could perhaps be a gamble worth taking depending what your earn now. 

No idea. But if he is on a multiyear deal it would need to pay about 5 times as much to make sense.

Then he would need to find another job.

There doesn't seem to be any real focus at Newcastle so far. Let the interim guy have a go until the January window, land a Sporting Director and buy a couple decent players would be best.

Eddie Howe close to taking the filthy bloodstained coin.

Newcastle United close to appointing Eddie Howe as manager

Newcastle are close to an agreement with Eddie Howe to become the club's new manager, BBC Sport understands.

It is hoped the former Bournemouth boss will be in charge for Saturday's Premier League match at Brighton.

Howe, 43, has not been in management since he left the Cherries in August 2020 following the club's relegation from the top flight.

The Magpies had approached Villarreal manager Unai Emery to succeed Steve Bruce, but he turned them down.

Howe is familiar with Newcastle players Callum Wilson, Ryan Fraser and Matt Ritchie from his time at Bournemouth, having led the club from League One to the Premier League, where they stayed for five seasons.

Bruce left Newcastle by mutual consent two weeks ago just 13 days after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of the club was completed.

Since then, Graeme Jones has been in interim charge and the Tyneside club have drawn with Crystal Palace and been beaten by Chelsea under him.

Newcastle are winless in 10 Premier League games this season and, with four points, are second from bottom.

"Eddie Howe has good stock in the footballing world, in footballing circles," said ex-England striker and BBC Sport pundit Dion Dublin.

"He plays good stuff and he coaches very well. The players that play under him seem to enjoy playing for him.

"If they were to get Eddie, I don't think it is a bad thing at all. It would be a very good appointment."

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

From my POV, Phillips and Davies will never have full careers as Liverpool players. 

The Championship is about their level. Which will be handy for Newcastle next season. 

My post was a general comment to a few posts from people saying sell, sell, sell to newcastle. Davies was an emergency signing which we've done in the past. I still wouldnt sell him to newcastle.

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I dont think Jurgen agrees with the suggestion about Ox. Is Jurgen stupid?

I joke about getting £50m for Phillips, it’ll be closer to £10/15m but he would be a good signing for Newcastle.

He’d obviously improve their defence, but just as importantly, if they get relegated, I’d assume he’d be just as happy to stay in the Championship and get playing time.

Somebody like Phillips is who they need to target because let’s face it, what top end players will want to go there at the moment?

Davies is probably similar.

As much as i'd like to see clubs refuse to do business with them it won't happen sadly....

Their best chance of getting out of the shit for now is to buy from mid table/clubs around them and weaken them and try and get some deadwood from top sides....they aren't going to be attracting top players to a relegation battle.

I'd have no problem with us offloading likes of Origi, Oxlade and Davies to them for inflated fees if it gave us money to then go and improve our squad.......Let's say for example we were able to rinse them for 50m for those 3 - who add the square root of fuck all for us and spend that on adding a reliable, injury free and quality midfielder - it could be the difference between a title challenge and a top 4 challenge.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

As much as i'd like to see clubs refuse to do business with them it won't happen sadly....

Their best chance of getting out of the shit for now is to buy from mid table/clubs around them and weaken them and try and get some deadwood from top sides....they aren't going to be attracting top players to a relegation battle.

I'd have no problem with us offloading likes of Origi, Oxlade and Davies to them for inflated fees if it gave us money to then go and improve our squad.......Let's say for example we were able to rinse them for 50m for those 3 - who add the square root of fuck all for us and spend that on adding a reliable, injury free and quality midfielder - it could be the difference between a title challenge and a top 4 challenge.

We're going to need chamberlain and origi in January because of the afcon and south American world cup qualifiers. Maybe chamberlain would be replaced by the inbound player, but I think he'd need to be English to qualify to play.