You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

Well, you could argue that the lockdown came too late, you could argue that the lockdown wasn't necessary, because cases were already dropping. You could argue anything you want, but nothing is difinitive.

You could argue Hitler removed the massive carbon emissions of millions of people and should be remembered as an environmental pioneer.

11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

You could argue Hitler removed the massive carbon emissions of millions of people and should be remembered as an environmental pioneer.

Hmm but he actually turned most of those people into emissions, if anything we should remain neutral on our opinions on Hitler until the science backs it up. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Yes bit mad. I was in Manchester for a meeting in January and saw some Chinese people with facemasks on. Never expected six months later I'd be wearing one

To be fair mate Asians have been wearing them over here for years. Mainly students. 

I've been taken off blood thinners now as they classed the clots as provoked by covid and did the standard six-month treatment. I just hope I don't catch the fucker again.

At least I don't have to worry about bleeding out from a paper cut.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've been taken off blood thinners now as they classed the clots as provoked by covid and did the standard six-month treatment. I just hope I don't catch the fucker again.

At least I don't have to worry about bleeding out from a paper cut.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Yes bit mad. I was in Manchester for a meeting in January and saw some Chinese people with facemasks on. Never expected six months later I'd be wearing one

A lot of my customer base on the cabs was young Asian students and it came up in conversation a lot about why they wear them. It has long been assumed that it was down to the smog in cities like Beijing, however they wear them to try and not spread any germs they have with a cold etc.

42 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

A lot of my customer base on the cabs was young Asian students and it came up in conversation a lot about why they wear them. It has long been assumed that it was down to the smog in cities like Beijing, however they wear them to try and not spread any germs they have with a cold etc.

Did you ask them to produce evidence of masks actually working, tell them they are an attack on everyones civil liberties then refer them to some 'expert' from Take-A-Breaks twitter feed? 

• Upvote 2

On 04/11/2020 at 17:53, DJLJ said:

The danish prime minister saying that all minks in Denmark will be culled. They have found that the virus mutates in minks and that the mutated virus can re-infect people. The military and civil guard are being called in to help with this culling. In Denmark that amounts to about 14 million minks.

https://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/politik/danskpolitik/mette-f.-det-er-noedvendigt-at-aflive-alle-mink-i-danmark/8354371

the reason for doing this is that the vaccines being developed aren’t targetting these newly mutated vira, so won’t be affective towards these new strains. 

https://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/mutationsvirus-fra-mink-fundet-i-214-personer/8356459

Several mutated versions of the virus from mink has now been found in 214 people. The one that frightens the authorities the most is a so-called cluster-5 version, that has been shown to be less receptive to anti-bodies than the 'normal' strains. These mutated versions aren't more or less dangerous than the current strains, but it is obviously a huge problem for future vaccines, if these new mutated strains become prevalent.

Paraphrasing from the above link.

1 hour ago, DJLJ said:

https://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/mutationsvirus-fra-mink-fundet-i-214-personer/8356459

Several mutated versions of the virus from mink has now been found in 214 people. The one that frightens the authorities the most is a so-called cluster-5 version, that has been shown to be less receptive to anti-bodies than the 'normal' strains. These mutated versions aren't more or less dangerous than the current strains, but it is obviously a huge problem for future vaccines, if these new mutated strains become prevalent.

Paraphrasing from the above link.

Who fucked a mink?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I got into work today and wondered why most of my team were absent, it turns out one of them has tested positive for coronavirus (yes, I finally know someone who has) so everyone with track and trace has been told to stay at home.

No prizes for guessing who gave it to him you bastard 

Hows the missus' shoulder?