You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

moof

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Anyway, back to the football.

Apparently Konate is being readied to start for France. 

He only scraped into the squad. Do they have defensive injuries? He’s obviously good enough I just thought he wasn’t first choice. 

I kind of hope he doesn’t play much as we rely on him massively. Gomez was at fault for all 3 of those chances that Ali saved vs Southampton.

7 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

He only scraped into the squad. Do they have defensive injuries? He’s obviously good enough I just thought he wasn’t first choice. 

I kind of hope he doesn’t play much as we rely on him massively. Gomez was at fault for all 3 of those chances that Ali saved vs Southampton.

Varane is injured. Apparently in training, Konate has been in the group of players who are considered to be starting on Tuesday. 

I don’t mind him playing. He’s played like twice for us this season. Although he was excellent at Spurs, getting some more sharpness can’t won’t harm. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Just finished episode 3 of FIFA uncovered.  Yeah, ok. Nowt dodgy happened there to award Qatar the World Cup.

Not. At. All.  

Can’t be bothered watching this, as the Sunday Times Insight team laid it all out years ago- with more than enough evidence and detail to justify the major football nations pulling out. Quite aside from the stupidity of the decision.The thousands of migrant worker deaths subsequently and the belated discovery that Qatar has an appalling human rights record only serve to underline what a terrible decision it was. I’m still utterly bewildered that the likes of the FA, and their equivalents in Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc ever agreed to go along with it. 

5 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Can’t be bothered watching this, as the Sunday Times Insight team laid it all out years ago- with more than enough evidence and detail to justify the major football nations pulling out. Quite aside from the stupidity of the decision.The thousands of migrant worker deaths subsequently and the belated discovery that Qatar has an appalling human rights record only serve to underline what a terrible decision it was. I’m still utterly bewildered that the likes of the FA, and their equivalents in Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc ever agreed to go along with it. 

At the end be of they money talks. 

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Eh? I clearly put without the sexual abuse.

Can you kindly respond to My point on Israeli football supporters wanting to visit Qatar and the deaths constructing the stadium. 

Those are necessity questions you’ve avoided. 

I haven't avoided anything don't worry, but all my answers seem to be going over your head.

The deaths granted are terrible and indefensible - as Klopp mentioned that's more of a collective responsibility as everybody knew about this beforehand yet turned a blind eye.

I don't think all the outrage is sincerely about the deaths though...that is a distant and convenient runner up behind the more important western liberal rights to be gay in public or use womens toilets as a man.

14 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

I haven't avoided anything don't worry, but all my answers seem to be going over your head.

The deaths granted are terrible and indefensible - as Klopp mentioned that's more of a collective responsibility as everybody knew about this beforehand yet turned a blind eye.

I don't think all the outrage is sincerely about the deaths though...that is a distant and convenient runner up behind the more important western liberal rights to be gay in public or use womens toilets as a man.

You absolutely have not answered the Israel question. You've hid behind what you think FIFA would do. I then asked about Israeli football supporters, to no response. 

Know you've hid behind Klopp on workers deaths. I don't necessarily agree with Klopp's comment. It's been in the Press for years. Should the public have been more outraged? Absolutely and I include myself in that. Regardless of the public reaction to the stories, FIFA and Qatar should have done more to protect workers. 

I don't necessarily disagree with some of the points you've made about respecting other cultures, whether I agree with these customs or not but none of your responses are going over anybodies heads, you aren't anywhere near that clever and I'm bored of you know, so laters.

52 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

You’ve got me. I don’t care about people being worked to death, I just don’t like the idea of separate toilets. And I’m racist. Or something.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

You absolutely have not answered the Israel question. You've hid behind what you think FIFA would do. I then asked about Israeli football supporters, to no response. 

Know you've hid behind Klopp on workers deaths. I don't necessarily agree with Klopp's comment. It's been in the Press for years. Should the public have been more outraged? Absolutely and I include myself in that. Regardless of the public reaction to the stories, FIFA and Qatar should have done more to protect workers. 

I don't necessarily disagree with some of the points you've made about respecting other cultures, whether I agree with these customs or not but none of your responses are going over anybodies heads, you aren't anywhere near that clever and I'm bored of you know, so laters.

I don't  think Qatar recognise Israel as a legitimate state, which is their right. But I think they would find it difficult banning them from the world Cup unless Fifa did it, as they should just as with Russia.

I don't think you would make such a fuss if it was the UK or US banning certain countries or their citizens.

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

You’ve got me. I don’t care about people being worked to death, I just don’t like the idea of separate toilets. And I’m racist. Or something.

You can be whatever new pervert you want  in your private life, just don't expect others to conform and accommodate it.

5 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

How many thousands of non white people being enslaved and killed illegally in your country red neck, yet won't hear a squeak if the world Cup was played there. Go and chomp on some more freedom fries.

Hey are you looking forward to Mane playing in the World Cup?

12 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

How many thousands of non white people being enslaved and killed illegally in your country red neck, yet won't hear a squeak if the world Cup was played there. Go and chomp on some more freedom fries.

The World Cup was played here. Highest attendance ever. Not a single worker died. And beer. Amazeballs.