You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I could’ve sworn you guys were celebrating that Corbyn got punched in the head.  Might have been A Red or Boss... but one of you blokes.

You really can be an irritating tedious twat.

You keep accusing me of celebrating the attack on Corbyn, I did not, I thought it was a terrible thing to do. When I remind you of this and tell you to go back and check, you say some shite like "well you say you didnt, I dont know"

Oh, and another thing, stop asking me fucking questions all of the time....... "I wonder what our right wing centrist posters think of.......@......." Fuck off, if I want to offer a view i will, it doesnt need you to keep prompting me. I'm pretty sure its to the relief of most of the posters on here that I dont offer my opinion more often.

I just assume aRdja's atting is a passive aggressive dig at what he perceives to be the callousness of anyone who isn't left-wing: "Well I think it's wrong to send our first-born children to be eaten by brain-sucking zombies, but what do our resident centrist and right-leaning horrors think?"

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, A Red said:

You really can be an irritating tedious twat.

You keep accusing me of celebrating the attack on Corbyn, I did not, I thought it was a terrible thing to do. When I remind you of this and tell you to go back and check, you say some shite like "well you say you didnt, I dont know"

Oh, and another thing, stop asking me fucking questions all of the time....... "I wonder what our right wing centrist posters think of.......@......." Fuck off, if I want to offer a view i will, it doesnt need you to keep prompting me. I'm pretty sure its to the relief of most of the posters on here that I dont offer my opinion more often.

That’s a bit over the top and I must say uncalled for. One of you blokes certainly did celebrate, I wasn’t sure which one. Re the last one paragraph, they’re just questions... it’s always good to know what the other side thinks to avoid living in a bubble. If you don’t feel comfortable answering the question then you can just ignore it.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I just assume aRdja's atting is a passive aggressive dig at what he perceives to be the callousness of anyone who isn't left-wing: "Well I think it's wrong to send our first-born children to be eaten by brain-sucking zombies, but what do our resident centrist and right-leaning horrors think?"

You read into it too much mate. I wear my heart on my sleeve. What you see is what you get.

47 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Beyond Ireland religion doesn’t have much influence on politics. I do laugh at the right wing US rabids on Twitter who think we all labour under Sharia law.

That we know of.

I've often wondered what the reaction of the CofE, Catholics and other Christian denominations would be If a PM or someone running for PM would be if they came out as atheist.

Is BoJo a church goer ? 

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You read into it too much mate. I wear my heart on my sleeve. What you see is what you get.

It's cool, it doesn't bother me, I find it more funny than anything else. And to be honest, I much prefer being asked what I think to being told that I'm a Tory.

45 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Version 2.0 is always an upgrade.

Indeed. We are all falling over ourselves to be like the US.

45 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So what separates you? 

Baked beans is a pretty hot topic. 

Actually, it’s quite a good question. I think what separates us boils down to fairness and equality. There are outliers of course, but general the issues, like welfare, immigration, taxation, public services, etc., they all fall into the category above. People arguing over what’s fair, what’s right, etc. 

1 minute ago, moof said:

Class is permanent, etc. You either got it or you don’t. Apologies if I’ve been a bit of a spiky bastard recently, brate. We’re firmly on the same side. 

Brate moj, always on the same side. Just occasionally in different paths to get to our chosen destination. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

So what separates you? 

I think it is a question of profoundly disagreeing over means more often than ends.

For instance, I think most people from most parties (and I include Tories in this) would prefer to see a more equal society. But different factions would be horrified at the means the other factions would use to achieve that end, because (a) they believe those methods to be immoral and/or (b) they believe those methods would not work or would be counter-productive.

7 minutes ago, moof said:

Class is permanent, etc. You either got it or you don’t. Apologies if I’ve been a bit of a spiky bastard recently, brate. We’re firmly on the same side. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Brate moj, always on the same side. Just occasionally in different paths to get to our chosen destination. 

source.gif

38 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

That’s a bit over the top and I must say uncalled for. One of you blokes certainly did celebrate, I wasn’t sure which one. Re the last one paragraph, they’re just questions... it’s always good to know what the other side thinks to avoid living in a bubble. If you don’t feel comfortable answering the question then you can just ignore it.

Us blokes?  Other side?  You are weird.  

• Upvote 1