You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Mixing it with European giants such as F91 Dudelange, Lugano, FC Krasnodar but hey, that's what you get in the 2nd or is it 3rd Division level of European football.

He's doing a grand job. I really hope they give him pots of money in January although I must admit, I think he'll be lucky to get to the January window myself.

I haven't heard of Dudelange since Dexy's Midnight Runners paid tribute to them in the chorus of 'I'm in Heaven'

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, General Dryness said:

I remember when games like this would be a routine 3 nil win for those cunts. I'm loving the new Utd, could get used to it.

Its weird. I grew up watching these cunts spawn wins in the 90th minute while we found novel ways to shoot ourselves in the foot on the weekly.

It hit me the other day during the Sheffield match that for the first time in my 25 odd years supporting us I expect us to get the job done regardless of how poorly we're playing, we've got a team packed with leaders, men who just get shit done, lead by quite possibly the most forceful personality football has seen in the past 20 years.

They're us from the worst of the Rafa/Houllier/Evans years, I've not let myself get carried away with the doom-mongering with these idiots as in the past they've always found a way back, but I think they're proper fucked this time around, that squad is shocking, doesn't matter who they get in while Woodward and the Glazers are still there as they'll be forced to buy players that will be a short term fix, zero chance even the likes of Poch would be given the time and resources to turn them around.

• Upvote 1

Read RedCafe for a laugh. Most want him out. One or two think he needs time. One even suggested he should get 12 months, and be allowed to make 4 more signings and see where there are then. Ironically after that they'll be in the championship and he'll be the right level of manager for them by then.

It’s such a Frankenstein’s monster of a squad, it’s beautiful to watch.

Built by Ferguson, Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and the goblin, to date. If they sack him quickly it might be made up of 6 different manager’s signings.

Can’t understand why it isn’t all working cohesively for them.

• Upvote 1

Was talking to some manc mates about this last night. Ole is under zero pressure right now, it's weird. The media and all his buddies like Scholes, Ferdinand, Neville, Keane etc aren't turning the screw like they did with Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho. Even many of the fans aren't screaming for his head.

If he never stuck out his leg in 99 he'd be nowhere near that job. The prick scored a tap in and got one of the biggest job's in the world. It's giving him so much more time and allowing him to continue the decline.

He'll only get sacked if they are around 13/14/15th after Christmas, im sure of it. At which point they're in a relegation battle. Then there's only two people the board can get to save them. Fat Sam or Tony Pulis.

Just sit back and imagine that for a minute. FAT SAM or TONY PULIS managing Manchester United. 

Hahahahhahahaha

• Upvote 8

Obviously they haven’t made one in a while, but if they continue being this much of a mess they may ultimately find themselves in the catch-22 we did, where even signings which are unqualified successes bring their own problems.

Namely that as the whole team isn’t performing to the same level, those individuals become prone to being picked off by more currently successful sides.

I honestly think they could be competitive again just by getting the manager right. Glazers/Woodward axis may well be a hindrance for whoever comes in, but there's still more than enough money sloshing around for it to be an insignificance.

I mean fucking hell, look at some of the absolutely batshit mental owners the big clubs in Serie A and La Liga have had to put up with down the years. Didn't stop them winning stuff.

They are very bad right now, but look at the way Klopp has changed us. 

They have so much money and are still attractive , if they get the right manager , they could come back fast. They just miss a bit of humility. They still think they are top guns which they’re not.

Just beat them up bad at OT, and that will be blood and knives everywhere.

The money situation is interesting, the Swiss ramble on Twitter does a good thread on the financials. They only made a profit this year due to player sales, revenue has stagnated bar the TV money, their sponsorships are about to take a 30% whack when they miss out on CL again, wages have gone up 12% despite their players getting worse. The juggernaut could be slowing down.

And apparently the stadium is in bits.