You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers F.C. Appreciation Thread 2018-19

On a serious note, when I went up there I couldn't believe the number of man utd scarves.  Maybe because they were playing us and it was a wind up, I don't know.  But they were chanting Utd songs throughout the game.

I was expecting a big love in (albeit with a tinge of guilt for pinching Kenny).  Anything but.

Anyway.  International breaks, eh...?

Have been up there and found Celtic fans to be more pro Liverpool than anyone else. I lost family members at Hillsborough and you would be hard pressed to find a better fan group that supported us through tough times. Rangers fans did a bit also. I quite liked the rangers fans i met as well to be fair but it was kept to general football talk rather than politics and religion.

• Upvote 1

Fuck sake

Technically with my family(well nan and grandad) being protestant i guess i should be pro union and Rangers if you believe in that sectarian bullshit. Luckily im not, even my Grandad when pissed has hinted at rather Ireland being Ireland than British and he has been been in England since 1963/64 and brought everyone else over in 66 just as all the shit was really starting to kick off. Thank fuck he did, only been over once and fucking hated the atmosphere around Belfast. Especially th old fuckers on the Shankhill, when we where there a massive banner on the black mountains over Belfast when my Mum asked who did it some old preacher started shouting them other bastards did it

Personally thought it was pretty good

Think thi was it

2014-08-04-vivapalestineflags.jpg?w=636

• Upvote 1

Fuck sake

Technically with my family(well nan and grandad) being protestant i guess i should be pro union and Rangers if you believe in that sectarian bullshit. Luckily im not, even my Grandad when pissed has hinted at rather Ireland being Ireland than British and he has been been in England since 1963/64 and brought everyone else over in 66 just as all the shit was really starting to kick off. Thank fuck he did, only been over once and fucking hated the atmosphere around Belfast. Especially th old fuckers on the Shankhill, when we where there a massive banner on the black mountains over Belfast when my Mum asked who did it some old preacher started shouting them other bastards did it

Think thi was it

My hero

420e547cc89001220ba2a9af3cd2c6f5.jpg

Anyone who supports this can fuck off.

As in go to the game? I’ll be at it with family because I am Northern Irish. I go to watch Northern Ireland. We could be playing Andorra, Sweden, Spain, Israel, Whoever, I’d go to watch NI. Anyone choosing to go & watch their country or choosing not to, because of who the opposition is would be bit of a fuckloaf in my book.

Obviously this has fuck all do do with Rangers, and probably fuck all to do with you so why get yourself worked up over a game you don’t have a care about?

That you’re following Jamie Bryson (a bell end in his own right) suggests you’ve got a strong sense of self loathing.

Don't think point is fuck all to do with people going to watch the game ir the fact they've agreed to play. Think it might be the whole political shite he is oushing about how proudly standing together against terrorism, with you know the Israeli army getting more and more murdery as the right wing zealots in the US backing them more amd more

Fuck sake

Technically with my family(well nan and grandad) being protestant i guess i should be pro union and Rangers if you believe in that sectarian bullshit. Luckily im not, even my Grandad when pissed has hinted at rather Ireland being Ireland than British and he has been been in England since 1963/64 and brought everyone else over in 66 just as all the shit was really starting to kick off. Thank fuck he did, only been over once and fucking hated the atmosphere around Belfast. Especially th old fuckers on the Shankhill, when we where there a massive banner on the black mountains over Belfast when my Mum asked who did it some old preacher started shouting them other bastards did it

Think thi was it

My Grandda, born in 1921 always referred to NI as Ireland. He served in the RAF during the war, and was definitely a Unionist. The language used by the generations has changed dramatically.

The Northern Irish football team was called Ireland until UEFA declared that there couldn’t be two teams called Ireland as the southerners cheekily decided the too should use the name after splitting away. The NI supporters chanted “Ireland” well into the sixties (possibly seventies). UEFA dictate that neither team can actually use the name so we’re NI & they’re ROI in UEFA & FIFA parlance. The FAI have been pushing boundaries on this in recent years under sectarian bell end Delaney.

Israel & Palestine has sod all to do with Northern Ireland. Yes the PLO & IRA trained together & shared guns & stuff but the two issues are no parallels.

The vast majority of folks just want to get on with life.

Don't think point is fuck all to do with people going to watch the game ir the fact they've agreed to play. Think it might be the whole political shite he is oushing about how proudly standing together against terrorism, with you know the Israeli army getting more and more murdery as the right wing zealots in the US backing them more amd more

UEFA have dictated that NI play a friendly on this date as we’re in the group of three. There wasn’t much choice & frankly Israel will provide good competition for the NI team.

People reading any more into it than that need a hobby.

We’re playing the FAI in November who actively steal our Catholic youth players (then bitch when the English do the same to them). I’d prefer we didn’t but I’d go to watch a game of football.

My Grandda, born in 1921 always referred to NI as Ireland. He served in the RAF during the war, and was definitely a Unionist. The language used by the generations has changed dramatically.

The Northern Irish football team was called Ireland until UEFA declared that there couldn’t be two teams called Ireland as the southerners cheekily decided the too should use the name after splitting away. The NI supporters chanted “Ireland” well into the sixties (possibly seventies). UEFA dictate that neither team can actually use the name so we’re NI & they’re ROI in UEFA & FIFA parlance. The FAI have been pushing boundaries on this in recent years under sectarian bell end Delaney.

Israel & Palestine has sod all to do with Northern Ireland. Yes the PLO & IRA trained together & shared guns & stuff but the two issues are no parallels.

The vast majority of folks just want to get on with life.

I get most people want to get on with life but there is still a nasty atmosphere in the heartlands imo. Some of the older lot really seem to want to cling on to shit. Probably losing money or power or some shit.

My experiences are basically through family, and i know my Grandad is still a bit bitter over being taught everything from a british prospective over Irish and they all view themselves as Irish and not British.

I get most people want to get on with life but there is still a nasty atmosphere in the heartlands imo. Some of the older lot really seem to want to cling on to shit. Probably losing money or power or some shit.

My experiences are basically through family, and i know my Grandad is still a bit bitter over being taught everything from a british prospective over Irish and they all view themselves as Irish and not British.

Identity is a funny thing & personal. I’m British, Irish, Northern Irish, all quite comfortably & with no conflict. I’m not a citizen of the RoI by choice as I’ve no ties to the southern state - I’m eligible for the passport all the same. That doesn’t stop me being Irish.

Personally I’m quite pleased that the good folks in GB continue to support us in NI. The NHS, an excellent education system, access to the rest of the U.K. are all things we wouldn’t have so easily, not to mention the opportunity to grow up in a secular state.

But all of that is of course straying well away from both football & the thread purpose.

Identity is a funny thing & personal. I’m British, Irish, Northern Irish, all quite comfortably & with no conflict. I’m not a citizen of the RoI by choice as I’ve no ties to the southern state - I’m eligible for the passport all the same. That doesn’t stop me being Irish.

Personally I’m quite pleased that the good folks in GB continue to support us in NI. The NHS, an excellent education system, access to the rest of the U.K. are all things we wouldn’t have so easily, not to mention the opportunity to grow up in a secular state.

But all of that is of course straying well away from both football & the thread purpose.

giphy.gif

Nah I'm just a lad who supports Liverpool and Celtic with a passion. And trust me.. my passion is strong for both. And smoked bacon.

You're one mixed up fucker. Are you Irish or Scottish? Are your parents Irish or Scottish? Have you lived in Ireland or Scotland? Do you have more than one grandparent that are Irish or Scottish? Do you believe in God? Are you a Scouser?

None of this really matters as to who you support, I only bring it up because you dont half bang on about it

As for smoked bacon....fucking hell