You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa - Going down the pan?

Bjornebye

Stig seems to like them.  I used to have a soft spot for them in the 80s (they had a few scousers in the squad) and in the 90s (they had half of Liverpool's team in their squad and also stopped man utd doing the treble, I think).

But then you get to meet a few of them (I've been there a few times), and you find out how much hatred they hold for you.

That train image is not untypical.  Four braindead morons without an ounce of wit or humour, with dour faces looking like they're the butt of the joke instead of the source, and you come to the conclusion....

Down the pan, eh?  Gutted....

Stan CollymoreVerified account @StanCollymore 1h1 hour ago

More

I know the bottom line financially at Villa (just confirmed). Quite frankly, it's horrific, and this could turn out to be worse than Leeds or Portsmouth at its worst. That bad. So we have 2 choices. 1. Sell to anyone anyone and hope. 2. Take action ourselves. Today.

Stan CollymoreVerified account @StanCollymore 1h1 hour ago

More

Villa. 1. Losing £5m PM. 2. Still haven't got £2m HMRC payment. 3. Can't use BMH as loan collateral to get £2m as bank won't let us loan against assets. 4. Owner can't get money from China 5. £22m overdraft facility withdrawn 6. 3rd year parachute payment already lent against

Stan CollymoreVerified account @StanCollymore 56m56 minutes ago

More

Villa Owner believes that one club employee actively pushed for administration so that person could then be a part of a consortium to buy the club again, this ensuring continued role at Villa.

Stan CollymoreVerified account @StanCollymore 19m19 minutes ago

More

Villa Will pay HMRC £500k today with a stay until next week for £1.5m.

Interesting that Tweet about a club employee deliberately trying to take the club into administration so that he can be part of a consortium to buy it. Our old friend and former Everton CEO, Keith Wyness, was suspended from his position as Villa's CEO with immediate effect yesterday. You can take the man out of Everton, but you can't.....

Somehow we just expect more of an ex-Everton director.

Stig seems to like them. I used to have a soft spot for them in the 80s (they had a few scousers in the squad) and in the 90s (they had half of Liverpool's team in their squad and also stopped man utd doing the treble, I think).

But then you get to meet a few of them (I've been there a few times), and you find out how much hatred they hold for you.

That train image is not untypical. Four braindead morons without an ounce of wit or humour, with dour faces looking like they're the butt of the joke instead of the source, and you come to the conclusion....

Down the pan, eh? Gutted....

Woah. ... I don't like them I just prefer them to Birmingham City

I’m a brummie and have a lot of mates that follow villa so I hope they don’t fold, but generally their fans are gobshites, but not in a nasty vindictive way, just in a soccer am, generic banter type way.

I stood in the Holte End to watch us one year and the hatred towards us generally, but especially for Stevie and to a lesser extent Torres, was just fucking weird.

Grown man in front of me had an intermittent conversation with his mate throughout about what would be the best way to murder Steven Gerrard.

Think he settled on stabbing in the end.

Really odd.

What a fucking player the lad was.

That opening day free-kick against them late on I remember like it happened last week. Went one up, hadn’t won our first game for years, tough run coming up packed round European qualifiers so felt like we really had to hit the ground running by winning there, then they levelled it.

Feelings of gloom and here we go, then he steps up and pulls that out, all willpower and sublime talent. Far smaller feat than many of his most celebrated moments, but the sort of “cometh the hour cometh the man” consistent moments of genius which all added to the overall mosaic of greatness.

• Upvote 2

What a fucking player the lad was.

That opening day free-kick against them late on I remember like it happened last week. Went one up, hadn’t won our first game for years, tough run coming up packed round European qualifiers so felt like we really had to hit the ground running by winning there, then they levelled it.

Feelings of gloom and here we go, then he steps up and pulls that out, all willpower and sublime talent. Far smaller feat than many of his most celebrated moments, but the sort of “cometh the hour cometh the man” consistrng moments of genius which all added to the overall mosaic of greatness.

Yeah, what a ludicrous goal that was, not a typical Gerrard free kick with the dip and bend he got on it. I still remember going mental in the pub when that went in. Think it was 2007/08 opening day and we'd just signed Torres?

I don't like to see any club in trouble , it was sad to see Coventry implode as they seemed to stick in my head , whether it was because it was one of my first away adventures on my own or even having the same school kit as theirs, I don't know but Aston Villa would be bad news for football to lose such a club , the shitness of modern footy I suppose.

Don't know fuck all about their fans or any other clubs fans but Villa Leeds etc going down the pan always seemed a bit sad to me after all those great rivalries overthe years, though it's equally bad when a long standing club from the lower leagues folds such as Formby fc I believe did a few years ago after about a 100 years of history. Whether someone came in to the rescue I don't know.

It was great, I was at that game. In the holt end with my best mate who is a villa fan.

I'm in agreement with a previous poster. I don't like to see historic clubs like villa and Leeds go to shit.

As contradicting as it sounds, id much rather see villa or Leeds in the league as opposed to Brighton and Bournemouth.

But I know Brighton and Bournemouth both deserve to be in the league and the other two don't.

But you know what i mean.

Yeah, what a ludicrous goal that was, not a typical Gerrard free kick with the dip and bend he got on it. I still remember going mental in the pub when that went in. Think it was 2007/08 opening day and we'd just signed Torres?

I was at that game as well, me and my mate pissed as fuck. We scored in the first few mins and my mate fell forward about 3 rows so the stewards went to throw him out. Me being a pissed up dickhead said if you throw him out you can throw me out as well thinking they’d let him stay. Needless to say I got kicked out as well and watched the rest of the game in a boozer by the ground.

• Upvote 2

It was great, I was at that game. In the holt end with my best mate who is a villa fan.

I'm in agreement with a previous poster. I don't like to see historic clubs like villa and Leeds go to shit.

As contradicting as it sounds, id much rather see villa or Leeds in the league as opposed to Brighton and Bournemouth.

But I know Brighton and Bournemouth both deserve to be in the league and the other two don't.

But you know what i mean.

Voronins debut wasn't it?

Good shout on the date that, mate. It was indeed.