You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa - Going down the pan?

Bjornebye

Seeeing as Paulie hijacked the Fekir thread and quite a few people responded I thought we should have a Villa thread. 

Personally i've never massively disliked Villa and compared to other Midlands teams they are nowhere near as bad as the likes of Birmingham in the twat stakes. Its shit to see big clubs going under this day in age. I was fairly close to the Pompey saga because I worked for the firm that did their programmes and were on of their sponsors. Pompey were so skint they had to pay for their programmes one night in coins. I’ve recently read a book called ‘Game Changer’ about the impact since the premier league has been formed on clubs. Even with the parachute payments, all the back-handers, agents fee’s, bonuses etc absolutely cripple clubs. Especially when you have mercenaries staying with the club and demanding premier league wages in a lower division.
Sad if they go under although I suspect they will be saved at the 11th hour.

• Upvote 3

Be a shame

Don't see it happening unless its huge amounts. They'll sell Grealish and other big earners and get stuck as another Forest or Leeds. Not turning up to the playoff final really is going to hurt them

These cunts would happily see a nuclear bomb dropped on Anfield Stig. Don’t feel sorry for them.

They deserve to go under for that “shit support my lord” chant they do all game every single game and then laugh themselves silly as if it’s the most hilarious thing they’ve ever heard.

• Upvote 1

Especially when you have mercenaries staying with the club and demanding premier league wages in a lower division.

/quote]

The clubs are stupid to even allow this to happen. Not planning for the relegation worst case scenario is just plan negligent.

• Upvote 1

The clubs are stupid to even allow this to happen. Not planning for the relegation worst case scenario is just plan negligent.

Steve Bruce won't take a job unless he has a war chest bulging with other people's money. It's about time a club imploded on his watch rather than a year or two after he left.

• Upvote 1

From my Hijack of the Fekir thread:

I was so excited when I saw the news.

They kicked me, Jules and Chris out once (admittedly we did have stolen tickets, unbeknownst to us) and some smug cunt at the ticket office behind the glass said "Lads, even if I wanted to help you I couldn't"

Hope he lost his job when they got relegated and his wife left him for the ticket manager of Birmingham City 

Fuck them. 

My ire will even stretch to whichever legal entity they require to reinvent themselves as. 

• Upvote 1

Always remember going to Villa Park for the semi final against Wycombe in 2001. A load of our fans were late and two of the stewards said "thought you lot would have learnt by now not to all turn up late and cause a crush"

The state of those bellends sarcastically celebrating Gerrard birthday on the train to Wembley about to get twatted 4 nil by Arsenal. 

They all pipe up on social media footy pages saying how much they hate us along with Forest fans.

Forest fans seem to hate us because John Aldridge ruffled Brian Laws hair in the semi final.

I used to ‘hate’ loads of footy teams when I was younger. I can’t be arsed now. Yeah, loads of fans of other teams dislike us, but I can’t be arsed dropping to their level. All teams have decent supporters, so it wouldn’t fee right taking pleasure from a club struggling financially or going under.

• Upvote 4

These cunts would happily see a nuclear bomb dropped on Anfield Stig. Don’t feel sorry for them.

They deserve to go under for that “shit support my lord” chant they do all game every single game and then laugh themselves silly as if it’s the most hilarious thing they’ve ever heard.

Pretty much every other team in England do that 

This Villa owner Doctor Xia came in and said he was going to make Villa one of the biggest clubs in the world. Look what has happened. I do not think they are going down the pan and they supposedly have the money to pay the tax bill. They just forgot to put the cheque in the post or something. I think they will struggle to get back in the PL any time soon though.

This Villa owner Doctor Xia came in and said he was going to make Villa one of the biggest clubs in the world. Look what has happened. I do not think they are going down the pan and they supposedly have the money to pay the tax bill. They just forgot to put the cheque in the post or something. I think they will struggle to get back in the PL any time soon though.

670436.jpg?b64lines=RG9jdG9yIFhpYSwgRG9j

• Upvote 8

The rest of England go for the “yourwa sapport is fackin shit” classic. I know I’m splitting hairs here but I find the villa one more irritating because it’s like their you’ll never walk alone.

Have you heard that Birmingham one "shit on the Villa" ? What the fuck is that. 

Worse than:

"He's only a poor little scummer

His face is all tattered and torn

He made me feel sick

So I hit him with a brick

And now he don't sing anymore" 

I remember when they were praying United come in for Benteke rather than sell to us. Some Villa fans thought it was a sideways move for Benteke because they beat us in that shit Semi Final where Balotelli posted that tweet in chains. 

I’ve had exact same thing happen to me at Villa Park. Thrown out for having a stolen ticket. Could’ve let it slide but the steward was a right jobsworth. Then saw the same prick again in the semi against Wycombe. I got into our home game against Barca under Rafa on a dupe the ticket office sent by mistake and the stewards turned a blind eye.

I find Birmingham City fans to be the bigger set of cunts though.