You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars! City at home, 14th Jan

Guest Pistonbroke

Look at their side. Goalkeeper is class. Fullbacks are class. Centre backs are solid. Their midfield is brilliant. Pace and directness on the wings and clinical finishers up top. Quality off the bench as well.

Unless our fans create a cauldron style atmosphere from the opening whistle like the game at Anfield in 13/14 i can't see how we can win.

Look at their side. Goalkeeper is class. Fullbacks are class. Centre backs are solid. Their midfield is brilliant. Pace and directness on the wings and clinical finishers up top. Quality off the bench as well.

Unless our fans create a cauldron style atmosphere from the opening whistle like the game at Anfield in 13/14 i can't see how we can win.

Crystal Palace should’ve beaten them.

Their centre halves aren’t solid.

They only just scraped past Bristol City.

Before Mane’s sending off we were causing them all sorts of problems.

2-1 to the red men.

• Upvote 3

Their full backs aren't that great,Kyle Walker has never been anything but ordinary and they concede goals. They are superb going forward but we're not bad either. A draw.

Their full backs aren't that great,Kyle Walker has never been anything but ordinary and they concede goals. They are superb going forward but we're not bad either. A draw.

Technically they do concede goals. They just concede fewer than anybody else in the league. Nearly half as many as us. They also score many more than us.

I'd love to be confident going into this, but the sheer lack of creativity without Coutinho and Lallana's rustiness in the last game makes it tough to see anything other than a City win.

Maybe we can hit them on the break, but who's making the passes and linking up with the front three? Do the rest of our midfield even have half a dozen goals and assists between them?

2-4

I'm not that confident. We are probably as good as we've ever been but Liverpool are hardly hapless bystanders. This us a bloody tough game.

Right now I would argue Liverpool and Chelsea are City's most formidable opponents and so depends on which versions of the two sides turn up.

In my opinion, it's the game of the season in waiting between the two most attacking sides in the PL

Guest Pistonbroke

Really dreading this one.

I'm not, City have been struggling of late by their standards. OK, they are still winning, but having to rely on late goals a lot. Think we are meeting them at the perfect time, plus they will be wary about our own attacking capabilities. 

I'm not, City have been struggling of late by their standards. OK, they are still winning, but having to rely on late goals a lot. Think we are meeting them at the perfect time, plus they will be wary about our own attacking capabilities.

I think it will be an exciting game! Both team like to attack, let’s hope we keep all 11 players on the pitch this time!

Guest Pistonbroke

I think it will be an exciting game! Both team like to attack, let’s hope we keep all 11 players on the pitch this time!

Aye, I have noting against them going down to 10 mind. 

We're in great form and have showed a real resilience in recent weeks, something which has been questioned about this side. However, the whole Coutinho saga has really overshadowed everything for me, it seems like an eternity since we've played. City's performance level has really dropped in the past month and our side with Coutinho, who has been the scourge of them many times I would have felt very confident. But I feel our attacking play is really going to be stifled without him, the midfield options really don't enthuse me and Mane really needs to up his performance level as well as his attitude. Going for 1-1.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'd settle for a point if I'm honest. Think we can win it if we dig in like we have been doing, VVD will hopefully have that back line organised and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he chips in with another goal. 

Not dreading it at all. Cityvare one of the best teams in the world, possibly the best. I expect nothing, and would be delighted with a point.

Mane is going to need to show up because even with Bobby dragging defenders everywhere they'll just double up on Salah, and obviously our best player has left and the midfield now possesses almost no goal threat whatsoever.

I think they'll beat us 2-1 or 3-1 but we're good enough to get something if we play well.

Can't be good for confidence having had to watch Phil jump ship even though he probably wouldn't have played tomorrow, Kloppo has a big job getting them to believe they can win this and if we get anything out of it all credit to him. Strangely I'm not that nervous, We're underdogs and losing wont be a shock and if we win it will be a fantastic boost ,