You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drugs

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

I don't do drugs, never have done, never will do. I do believe in peoples right to chose though but the arguements on here give you at least one reason to stay well away.

Fucking hell Tokes, that hip operation must have been agony then.

apologies for being an obtuse wanker but this is is a problematic part of the way society deals with drugs, addicts and the whole supply chain. Ecstasy and LSD have been shown to have real benefits in treating people with depression, palliative care patients, cannabis can help terminal patients maintain an appetite, how many in use pharmaceuticals are based on cocaine or opiates? 
the problem is less about “drugs” but how society treats them and their users.

and I acknowledge you have said you have no axe to grind with anyone who uses them, which is cool, from

my perspective as someone who takes a fuckload Of prescription drugs every day, is that we are doing a msssive disservice to society, by continuing to punish selective drug users, and it costs society a shit load of money whilst funding some of the most heinous people around.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Liverpool lad said:

What have I missed here?

Audreys girlriend is cycling to Brechin on an exercise bike while Ben begs for reps and Nekos cat is a Cliff Richard fan. And a puff. 

Come back in a few days for more updates. 

1 hour ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Fucking hell Tokes, that hip operation must have been agony then.

apologies for being an obtuse wanker but this is is a problematic part of the way society deals with drugs, addicts and the whole supply chain. Ecstasy and LSD have been shown to have real benefits in treating people with depression, palliative care patients, cannabis can help terminal patients maintain an appetite, how many in use pharmaceuticals are based on cocaine or opiates? 
the problem is less about “drugs” but how society treats them and their users.

and I acknowledge you have said you have no axe to grind with anyone who uses them, which is cool, from

my perspective as someone who takes a fuckload Of prescription drugs every day, is that we are doing a msssive disservice to society, by continuing to punish selective drug users, and it costs society a shit load of money whilst funding some of the most heinous people around.

By drugs I meant those that fund the CIA and similar agencies. I was on eight paracetamol and two morphine sulphates daily in hospital. I don't believe any drugs should be criminalised but there are cases where it is obviously dangerous to take them.

I think it was the Rothschilds who managed to get heroin criminalised, they saw the potential for a nice little earner.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

By drugs I meant those that fund the CIA and similar agencies. I was on eight paracetamol and two morphine sulphates daily in hospital. I don't believe any drugs should be criminalised but there are cases where it is obviously dangerous to take them.

I think it was the Rothschilds who managed to get heroin criminalised, they saw the potential for a nice little earner.

Aye, I know what yer meant and as I said I was being obtuse to make a point. 
still better than arguing over pedestals and shit like that.

drugs have been used as an economic control for centuries and there’s a good reason for that, as they are pretty fucking useful.

the Americans kicked off the Great War in the 60’s / 70’s to control the popular uprisings, and since they have found out how much moolah there is to be made out of incarceration, they really do see humans as meat to process for profit.

how many lives are lost for low level possession/dealing under 3 strikes rules?

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Fucking Norbert Colon over here. 

Have another one to see you through the long cold night ahead, because I’m not tighter than a gnat’s chuff.

You arrogant wordsmith you.

He only reason I've stopped paying subs is so I can't rep you. Stick that in your words and smith it.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Cancel you? What the fuck are you on about? How can I cancel you? I can take the piss, I can highlight your bollocks but I can’t stop you posting or get you fired from your job. You are getting a bit hysterical now.  

A few pages later? 4 times now I’ve told you that the 5th post in this thread was me confirming what I’d done.  I’d cunningly hidden my past by voluntarily post in a thread titled ‘Drugs’. I mean, who’d think of looking there?  There are also other references - just search.  

You aren’t a regular bloke, you are a lovely bloke remember. 

You are also monumentally stupid. 

You pretended to care about industrial scale murders and mass slavery, when you tried to attack me when I was reminiscing about my fun experiences with drugs in London. You (very weirdly) brought the posts I made on the Centrists thread, as a way to invalidate my political views. All of that whilst: 1) you’ve probably done as much drugs as I have, therefore you’re as guilty of supporting “industrial scale murders” and mass slavery 2) you hold and share your strong political views more often than I do (you’ve been attacking Jeremy Corbyn on a daily basis) . Those criticisms would’ve been fair game coming from someone who was strongly anti-drugs (which I honestly thought you were when you posted the rant). The fact that you enjoy getting high just as much as I do, made it baffling. Why should I be judged on a different set of standards than your set yourself?