You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Philippe Coutinho leave this summer?

tlw content

Lads, lads, they're both shit analogies.

It's like a pig that's chosen to wear glasses, and the frames are too big, but the lenses are just right.

But why would a pig wear glass?

That seems as daft as a Cow wearing a bow-tie, or a monkey with a dickie, or Rooney with a wig.

Why?

I disagree Jockey I think we would get that fee next year possibly even more the way things are going. He's hitting his peak now and I can see him having a brilliant season. Messi and Suarez will be a year older, as will Iniesta. They're going to need a complete rebuild soon and if they don't sign any major players this summer and have a poor season the pressure from the fans to go all out will be immense.

• Upvote 2

I disagree Jockey I think we would get that fee next year possibly even more the way things are going. He's hitting his peak now and I can see him having a brilliant season. Messi and Suarez will be a year older, as will Iniesta. They're going to need a complete rebuild soon and if they don't sign any major players this summer and have a poor season the pressure from the fans to go all out will be immense.

Good point and I don't disagree with any of it. I just wonder whether these fees has been driven my Neymar? 

It has to correct itself soon surely. This is not sustainable - he will go next year, but hopefully we get a season akin to Alonso and Suarez from him. I was reading Rory Smith last night - and he made a good point, for South American players we will always be a stepping stone - so embrace it and use it. 

I struggle to give a flying fuck. I haven't been a fan of a single player since Torres for exactly this reason.

This is football now, dominated by five or six clubs with all the money and all the clout, on the rare occasion that there's an aberration and a club outside that circle wins anything, they're instantly annihilated and all their best players spirited off.

even the yanks have the brains to know this isn't the way to run a sport and that's why the NFL has the draft system.

This is just a rigged game now, utterly pointless to the point where 'The race for fourth" is actually a fucking thing on the sky sports production diary.

bollocks to it, anyone who loses any sleep over it is a sucker.

I agree with that, i find it hard to keep an interest in footy these days.

I go and enjoy the football. But I dont worship any player now and havent done since Kevin Keegan said he wanted to move on. That was the day it finally dawned on me that no player has the same affinity for their club as the fans.

Yes, I 'love' some players more than others but when they want to move on, it's thanks for the memories and, you'll leave under our terms. That's why I dont get Southampton's stance. The player doesnt want to be there so get the best price and move on.

One thing Kev did say after he left was 'the ship sails on' and he was right. Players come and go but the club goes on.

Im more convinced than ever that Coutinho will stay for the coming season because of Klopp's comments before we sell next summer (and maybe for a far lower price).

It's obviously entirely co-incidental that both him and Dembele have kicked off on the eve of their respective football seasons? I wouldn't sell him now unless it was for a simply ludicrous offer. He can go and sit in the reserves during the season running up to the World Cup.