Quantcast
Virgil Van Dijk - Page 269 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

More importantly did you see his response when de ligt made the mistake for peno? Cupped both mits around ligts face and spoke to him like a true captain and look at the response he got. We could play anyone beside big man now and they would perform to an acceptable level an outstanding footballer and hopefully (no disrespect to Henderson) captain of our club next year. 

• Upvote 1

What a footballer. Not too many examples of players in his position utterly transforming a team the way he has. 

The Netherlands threw him up front for the last few minutes against Portugal last week and he looked quality there too.

He’s absolutely remarkable. 

• Upvote 1

Im in love with Virgil. I had decided I was too old to ever idolise or worship a footballer ever again but Virgil has made me reconsider that. What a fucking man.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Im in love with Virgil. I had decided I was too old to ever idolise or worship a footballer ever again but Virgil has made me reconsider that. What a fucking man.

We've got genuine heroes now. 

19 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Interviewer: This is one of the great sporting venues in the world. Can you feel the tension and antmosphere here?

van Dijk: I'm looking forward to a good game. 

Translation: Are you kidding? Did you not see Liverpool thrash Barcelona at Anfield? Fuck off.

• Upvote 1

Calling him the greatest defender in the world was alright but I would have liked him to introduce Virg like he introduces the players at the snooker. 

“PFA Player of the Year, the reigning European champion, please show your appreciation, from the Netherlands, HE’S THE COLOSSUS, VIRJIL VAN DIJK”

I'll probably get negged to fuck, but here it goes.

He reminds me of Cantona.

Not in the way he plays, or being a massive thundercunt.

But the fact he was always a decent player, but once he moved to a massive club*, he just grew in confidence and moved on to the next level.

Kinda the opposite of "the weight of the jersey can destroy a player". Our jersey has made him immense.

* - not that I'd call that shower a "massive club".

I'm guessing he'll win the positional award for defence at UEFA CL draw, and probably the best overall player award. 

Think the draw isn't taking place until near the end of August.