You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Draft idea. Requires thought. 8 players minimum.

Bjornebye

Always played at left back when picked for Scotland.

Played at right back from time to time too. A good defender.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Right footed. Apparently loved the left back role, I never knew that. Great CB the season Celtic stopped the other shower doing 10 in a row. Captained them and was immense. 

hqdefault.jpg

I'll never forget that day. I was there, we got back home at daft bells in the morning and my dad couldn't walk he was so drunk. In his wisdom he was adamant he was going up to bed and despite me begging him to sleep on the couch (I was 14) he wouldn't listen.

Walked behind him as we were going up the stairs and the selfish whisky stinking bastard fell back and the pair of us rolled down the stairs. I was fine just a few bumps but the silly prick knocked himself out on the radiator. i thought he was dead and ran the phone box to ring an ambulance. He was just KO'd and they put him on the couch. Funnily enough they knew him from when people had been battered in his pub. He rarely touches spirits these days. Unless he is with me. 

Right footed. Apparently loved the left back role, I never knew that. Great CB the season Celtic stopped the other shower doing 10 in a row. Captained them and was immense.

hqdefault.jpg

Always associated Boyd with the number 3 shirt, for Scotland, Celtic and Motherwell.

I thought it was him and Di Stefano you were referring to before, was going to come back and say if you take one I'll just take the other...  Two of the greatest players to ever grace the game taken in the last round there.

Puskas arguably the greatest goalscorer in the whole draft.

Pele says no.

Right so here it is properly.  The best team, that is.  Maybe not the most immediately, I didn't chase the hipster's choices from the off and instead focused on the plan​.  But when you look at it you'll realise there is no weak link here, everything works both individually and as a whole.

1585518_Dream_Team.jpg

Starting at the back we have the maverick stopper, the outspoken, agile Zimbabwean.  An absolute steal from the African category, was very pleased that I didn't have to go with my backup of Lauren at right back... 

In front of him sit my Danish and Current LFC selections, two top level defenders with the flexibility to slide over and operate as part of a back three when the right back has wandered off to score a few goals because he was bored. Both steel and class personified.

Speaking of class, my left back invented it. He wasn't born he rode out on a Vespa.  I don't need to go into too much detail, as he's one of the very best of all time and we all grew up watching him somehow persist at that level for all eternity or at least for all of the 90s. In Serie A.

Over on the right we have Chris Lawler, silent but deadly.  An England international (albeit underrepresented at that level, much like Flanno.  Or, I suppose, that Jones fella) who knew exactly when and where he was needed, providing the extra man in attack as often as he popped up to repel the opposition.  Softly spoken but always waiting to strike like a scouse Shang-Tsung.

The defence is further bolstered by Scott Parker of the Championship, but maybe more like the 5-6 year ago version, the classy defensive midfielder who knew exactly where he was needed and exactly how to link the defence with the attack.  Making it all look easy, except when his knees fell off every couple of years.

Gelson fills the much-needed playmaker position, giving us a lethal left foot and a natural out-ball.  Replaced the great Didi (who only played pre-1960) for Brazil he was a key part to loading the chamber for so many goals from that great 60s and 70s Brazil side.  When the team is under pressure he is half of the key to unlocking even the most obstinate of defences. A two-part key. Like the one from Goldeneye.

Clarence Seedorf was a world class midfielder and another late pick I am delighted by, his class stood out again at the recent Anfield game where at 40 he still looked like he would walk into most Premiership sides.  Giving the side the flexibility and athleticism to cover both the centre and the wide-right of midfield, linking with Kenny and Lawler, Alfredo, or just smashing one in from 60 yards when he fancies it.

Di Stefano was my last pick. Alfredo Di Stefano. Think about that. One of the greatest player to ever even look at the ball a creative force and a great goalscorer, Zidane before Zidane's dad was a thing, he made his teammates not just better, but the best. Sending the major on many a successful gallop. Or just drifting by defenders to poke one in for himself.  Free role, do what you want Fredo. Just don't hang around with Moe Green. He's a bad egg.

Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish. The King.

I'll be honest, Torres wasn't my first choice.  I was originally going to see if I could nab Rush or Van Basten on the way back, but picking first killed that plan.  Then I was looking at Eto'o.  I needed a striker who had devastating pace to go along with prodigal finishing ability.  Torres in his prime is one of the greatest players I've ever seen in the flesh and he fits the mould of the kind of partner that excelled next to Kenny.  Power, pace and precision.  Running after Gelson's pinpoint passes on the break (other half of that key) or receiving the short-ball from Kenny or Fredo in the box, get ready to bounce.

Right so here it is properly.  The best team, that is.  Maybe not the most immediately striking, I didn't chase the hipster's choices from the off and instead focused on the plan​.  But when you look at it you'll realise there is no weak link here, everything works both individually and as a whole.

1585518_Dream_Team.jpg

Starting at the back we have the maverick stopper, the outspoken, agile Zimbabwean.  An absolute steal from the African category, was very pleased that I didn't have to go with my backup of Lauren at right back... 

In front of him sit my Danish and Current LFC selections, two top level defenders with the flexibility to slide over and operate as part of a back three when the right back has wandered off to score a few goals because he was bored. Both steel and class personified.

Speaking of class, my left back invented it. He wasn't born he rode out on a Vespa.  I don't need to go into too much detail, as he's one of the very best of all time and we all grew up watching him somehow persist at that level for all eternity or at least for all of the 90s. In Serie A.

Over on the right we have Chris Lawler, silent but deadly.  An England international (albeit underrepresented at that level, much like Flanno.  Or, I suppose, that Jones fella) who knew exactly when and where he was needed, providing the extra man in attack as often as he popped up to repel the opposition.  Softly spoken but always waiting to strike like a scouse Shang-Tsung.

The defence is further bolstered by Scott Parker of the Championship, but maybe more like the 5-6 year ago version, the classy defensive midfielder who knew exactly where he was needed and exactly how to link the defence with the attack.  Making it all look easy, except when his knees fell off every couple of years.

Gerson fills the much-needed playmaker position, giving us a lethal left foot and a natural out-ball.  Replaced the great Didi (who only played pre-1960) for Brazil he was a key part to loading the chamber for so many goals from that great 60s and 70s Brazil side.  When the team is under pressure he is half of the key to unlocking even the most obstinate of defences. A two-part key. Like the one from Goldeneye.

Clarence Seedorf was a world class midfielder and another late pick I am delighted by, his class stood out again at the recent Anfield game where at 40 he still looked like he would walk into most Premiership sides.  Giving the side the flexibility and athleticism to cover both the centre and the wide-right of midfield, linking with Kenny and Lawler, Alfredo, or just smashing one in from 60 yards when he fancies it.

Di Stefano was my last pick. Alfredo Di Stefano. Think about that. One of the greatest player to ever even look at the ball a creative force and a great goalscorer, Zidane before Zidane's dad was a thing, he made his teammates not just better, but the best. Sending the major on many a successful gallop. Or just drifting by defenders to poke one in for himself.  Free role, do what you want Fredo. Just don't hang around with Moe Green. He's a bad egg.

Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish. The King.

I'll be honest, Torres wasn't my first choice.  I was originally going to see if I could nab Rush or Van Basten on the way back, but picking first killed that plan.  Then I was looking at Eto'o.  I needed a striker who had devastating pace to go along with prodigal finishing ability.  Torres in his prime is one of the greatest players I've ever seen in the flesh and he fits the mould of the kind of partner that excelled next to Kenny.  Power, pace and precision.  Running after Gerson's pinpoint passes on the break (other half of that Goldeneye key) or receiving the short-ball from Kenny or Fredo in the box, get ready to bounce.

Sorry -- been travelling, didnt expect the remaining teams to finish so quickly -- will get mine up tonight

Its ok mate we've all only been divorced, widowed, murdered, shot at, fired and bummed (Elite) for this draft but you crack on and do it in your own time mate. 

• Upvote 1

First draft I've done - you supposed to explain your team choice?

Nah, I was just thinking up that bollocks while washing the car earlier and thought I'd indulge my own bullshit.

Mainly because I quite like the Vespa line.

• Upvote 1

The Championship player I was talking about before was Wes Brown - surprised he didn't manage to make a team 

It was between him, Alan Hutton & Jesus Gamez for my final pick. Couldn't bring myself to put him in, and who couldn't do with a Jesus in their side...?

Lev Yashin, Just Fontaine, Blaise Matuidi, Kylian Mbappe - non PLLLSABL

Mellberg, Zlatan, Larsson..

Juninho as a Celtic player would have been a good leftfield one.

Firmino!

Almost went for Kameni ahead of Bruce as well.  Him, Agger and Torres were all pretty impulsive shouts for me, Rivelino too. Too impulsive that one though...

So many great players still out there.

Alan fucking HANSEN.  Also briefly considered going for Lawro as a manager.

My reserves:

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Kameni Africa
Torricelli Serie A
Mellberg Sweed
Hansen Ex-LFC
Pearce England
Cocu Dutch
Guardiola Manager
Juninho Celtic
Firmino LFC
Fontaine Non PLLLSABL
Knockaert Champ

Sign of a good draft, was a challenge but also kept it open right to the end. Well in Stig.