You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H), 12th March. 4:00pm KO. Sky Sports.

Preston Red

These are gonna be getting military style training this week to hold a 9 man line across their box so I hope we're looking at changing our tactics a bit and not gonna try and play everything through the the centre of them.

We've got to get in behind these and it's gonna need pace down the wings. Wouldn't surprise me if origi and Moreno start this

Mignolet

Matip

Clyne Milner Lallana Moreno

Wijnaldum Coutinho

Mane Firmino Origi

Is that one center back with moreno and clyne alongside him? What could possibly go wrong there?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Klopp went with 3 at the back either, with Can in the Luiz role, supporting the midfield as and when required.

He might well have had enough of 433 in games like this.

thats what Rodgers used to do chop and change formations hoping something would stick. Klopp has shown very little of that really during his time here. He changed at half time against Leicester but I can't remember him doing it any other time.

For my money he'll have his usual formation.

I'd go 4-4-2, start both Origi and Sturridge. United used to smash smaller teams by playing two strikers and use their wide players to stretch oppositions defence, whilst at the same rely on their superior defenders to win their one on ones. It's a more effective method than try to play through them like we always seem to these days.

------------Mignolet-----------

Clyne---Matip---Lovren--Milner

Mane---Hendo---Lallana--Coutinho

-------Sturridge--Origi----------

I'd go 4-4-2, start both Origi and Sturridge. United used to smash smaller teams by playing two strikers and use their wide players to stretch oppositions defence, whilst at the same rely on their superior defenders to win their one on ones. It's a more effective method than try to play through them like we always seem to these days.

------------Mignolet-----------

Clyne---Matip---Lovren--Milner

Mane---Hendo---Lallana--Coutinho

-------Sturridge--Origi----------

Who is this Sturridge bloke.
  • Upvote 1