You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Can't we just buy Southamptons scout and get rid of our Amiga stat twat.

You mean the heavily analytics reliant Southampton recruitment and development team headed up by Les Reed?

Last time we took a more traditional scout from them was Malcolm Elias.

Some tit on twitter said during the game that he thinks the players aren't performing because most know if we get CL they will be replaced. Not that I agree with that assessment in the slightest but does anyone else think that's even possible?

Some tit on twitter said during the game that he thinks the players aren't performing because most know if we get CL they will be replaced. Not that I agree with that assessment in the slightest but does anyone else think that's even possible?

No. They were just shit.

No.

That's giving our players too much credit. They are not intelligent enough to plan that far ahead.

It did cross my mind a few matches ago, not that they're literally choosing to play shit to miss out on CL, but I've no doubt some are very happy with the status quo. So there could be something sub-conscious going on with the likes of Lovren, Can, Firmino and Origi - the players most likely to be replaced or upgraded.

Let's cut all this jibber jabber about buying players to "do a job" or ones that are killing it for the basement dwellers. Those players are able to show that form because they are playing week in week out. If they were being rotated and getting fewer minutes, their impact would tail off alarmingly.

Repped for good use of jibber jabber.

If we get CL, this bunch of losers get to stay and maybe just play less, which will suit most of them. Nobody who started the game today will be sold this summer, regardless of if we finish CL or not. The only exception would be Coutinho if barca decided they wanted him. That would have nothing to do with us playing shite.

It did cross my mind a few matches ago, not that they're literally choosing to play shit to miss out on CL, but I've no doubt some are very happy with the status quo. So there could be something sub-conscious going on with the likes of Lovren, Can, Firmino and Origi - the players most likely to be replaced or upgraded.

Look how hard Southampton players battled today when they are basically on holiday compared to our lot.

Because he loves projects with penny-pinching clubs who struggle to qualify for Europe.

And he'll be gutted at being out-tacticked by Zidane.

No disgrace losing against one of the best teams in the world in a European cup quarter final.

Why do we always have to have long term projects? I'd say they're the reason we win fuck all as there's always next year to improve. Look at the teams and managers who win things. Always 3 years and freshen it up with moving onto the next big thing on both sides.